LSU A-

South Carolina A-

Auburn B+

Ole Miss B-

MSU C

Arkansas C

Kentucky D+

Vanderbilt D

I love this line: Alabama signed 10 in-state players, essentially drawing even with Auburn for state bragging rights.

Yeah, quantity = quality.

Our in state players are ranked higher than your in state players.

How many of those highly ranked in state players won't qualify?

Sounds like you're saying" my daddy can beat your daddy". Are you a little kid, just like BP?

Didn't AU sign like 8 guys who are looking at some really nice junior colleges?

Sounds like you're saying" my daddy can beat your daddy". Are you a little kid, just like BP?

Why is it that you never post anything of substance? You always throw out something like this but you never rebutt any of my posts with any sort of facts or logic...you just throw out a blanket flame to everything I post.

I stated a FACT. Our players are ranked higher than AU players in state. I was merely responding to the suggestion by Galen that we didn't sign any highly ranked players in state.

Why is it that you never post anything of substance? You always throw out something like this but you never rebutt any of my posts with any sort of facts or logic...you just throw out a blanket flame to everything I post.

I stated a FACT. Our players are ranked higher than AU players in state. I was merely responding to the suggestion by Galen that we didn't sign any highly ranked players in state.

FACT IS!!!!!! Auburn has won 5 in a row with players from all over the country.

This class of Tigers hail from:

Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, Virginia, New Mexico, Georgia, Arkansas, Louisiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, and New York.

Sounds like the Nation has been noticing our program quite well.

Technically, no.

Looking at the Rivals Top 30 for Alabama you have #1, 2, 5, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18 and 22 for an average ranking of 11.1.

We have #4, 7, 8, 10, 15 and 17 for an average ranking of 10.3

Now, most likely neither Kerry Murphy for you or Nick Fairley for us will qualify. Technically McCullough is on the fence but we'll count him. So remove them from the mix and our average ranking goes to 9.5 to your 12.2.

We do have fewer of the top 30, so if you only figure your top six (minus Murphy for you and Fairley for us), you pull ahead 9.0 to 9.5.

But I will say even if you give him the line that Bama and AU were even in the state, ranking their classes both a B+ is a farce. We are a consensus top 10 whether you look at Rivals, ESPN, Scout, Emfinger and so on. Alabama is only ranked in the top 10 in two of those four. Scout has you 19th and ESPN has you 17th. Averaged out, we ranked 6.5 and Bama ranked 13.25. Throw out the high and low for both and we still rank 6.5 while you guys are 13.5. If the Tuscaloser Fishwrap reporter had a half ounce of objectivity, he would rank Auburn's class an A to A+ and Bama's class a B to B+.

Technically, no.

Looking at the Rivals Top 30 for Alabama you have #1, 2, 5, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18 and 22 for an average ranking of 11.1.

Now, most likely neither Kerry Murphy for you or Nick Fairley for us will qualify. Technically McCullough is on the fence but we'll count him. So remove them from the mix and our average ranking goes to 9.5 to your 12.2.

We do have fewer of the top 30, so if you only figure your top six (minus Murphy for you and Fairley for us), you pull ahead 9.0 to 9.5.

But I will say even if you give him the line that Bama and AU were even in the state, ranking their classes both a B+ is a farce. We are a consensus top 10 whether you look at Rivals, ESPN, Scout, Emfinger and so on. Alabama is only ranked in the top 10 in two of those four. Scout has you 19th and ESPN has you 17th. Averaged out, we ranked 6.5 and Bama ranked 13.25. Throw out the high and low for both and we still rank 6.5 while you guys are 13.5. If the Tuscaloser Fishwrap reporter had a half ounce of objectivity, he would rank Auburn's class an A to A+ and Bama's class a B to B+.

Good job TT.

If any team is building their future on "winning" the state of Alabama recruiting wars, they are going to consistantly fail. It is nice, but it is not a pre-requisite. A team has to recruit the state of FL and GA. The #50 player in FL is the probably the equivilant of the #10 in Alabama.

Well said. Auburn will get the best players they can that fit the system. No matter where they are from!

:lol:

You never fail to make me laugh. Keep hugging those Rivals rankings. Maybe they'll keep you warm when the cold sets in.

Our non-qualifiers aren't the ones propping up our recruiting rankings.

Our non-qualifiers aren't the ones propping up our recruiting rankings.

Exactly! I have also noticed where AU has been upfront and identified the sign and place. UA has oversigned by 6 or 7. Have they even given any indication of who their sign and place are? I believe they have said 2 are grey shirts. What are the rest? Could it be that their two "biggest" defensive catches will not even make it? What does that do to the "ranking"?

Additionally, Auburn had a number of interesting signees. Dual-threat quarterback Kodi Burns (6-2, 195, Fort Smith, Ark., Northside), is an outstanding athlete and there’s already speculation he might move to wide receiver

where did he get this from?

Technically, no.

That's gonna leave a mark.

BTW... kick-ass siggy, Titan!

Archived