Spring Training

townhallsavoy

Anybody else realize how fast Spring Training has gotten here? It's less than 10 days away!

I'm going. I like to see the guys in a limited game situation . You can tell who has game and who doesn't. Never miss a trip to God's country. I always say that there are two types of Auburn grads: those who live in Auburn and those who want to.

WDE !

We will be going to the A-day game this year. The weather is not as hot, tickets are cheap and it lets us get my daughter in for cheap (she's the future cheerleader in my avatar pic). We would take her to a regular game but I would hate for one of us to leave early due to the heat or her getting tired since she is so young.

We will be going to the A-day game this year. The weather is not as hot, tickets are cheap and it lets us get my daughter in for cheap (she's the future cheerleader in my avatar pic). We would take her to a regular game but I would hate for one of us to leave early due to the heat or her getting tired since she is so young.

I'm with you. I try to make the A-day game a family ritual. We have three boys, the oldest is six and the youngest is eight months. I can't justify buying five tickets to a regular game for my crew. A-day is a perfect opportunity to get them all on campus without spending a ton of money and letting them get a taste of what its like. Plus, they get to go on the field after the game is over (the highlight of the trip for the six year old). I will probably try to get my oldest up for a game this year, but until the rest get a little older, A-day is our only family outing at Auburn.

I'm confused. Are we talking about Spring PRACTICE as in Auburn football, or Spring Training as in MLB.

People who played football refer to it as Spring Training.

B)

I'm confused. Are we talking about Spring PRACTICE as in Auburn football, or Spring Training as in MLB.

B)

Playstation does not constitute playing football... :poke: JK People who OFFICIATE football call it SPRING PRACTICE.... :big:

Spring Training only takes place in south Florida and Arizona... B)

I've heard it called both. Are you really an official for college games?

I've heard it called both. Are you really an official for college games?

I wish...I retired after 16 years of officiating high school football and basketball.

For this old timer, in my days it was called spring training. Also, how many years ago did we finally start having a continuous spring training/practice?? I know for years, we would practice for 2 weeks, be off for spring break, then come back for another week and A Day. This split up camp never made any sense to me.

I'm going. I like to see the guys in a limited game situation . You can tell who has game and who doesn't. Never miss a trip to God's country. I always say that there are two types of Auburn grads: those who live in Auburn and those who want to.

WDE !

As Shug would have said, You're so right, Carl! I love my house and I love Prattville, but I think more than anything I want to be in Auburn.

For this old timer, in my days it was called spring training. Also, how many years ago did we finally start having a continuous spring training/practice?? I know for years, we would practice for 2 weeks, be off for spring break, then come back for another week and A Day. This split up camp never made any sense to me.

You're not such an old-timer. I graduated in 76!

B)

I've always heard and referred to it as spring training. I wasn't aware that MLB had any copyright or anything.

B)

I've always heard and referred to it as spring training. I wasn't aware that MLB had any copyright or anything.

I always thought spring training was a first year course at Serta U.

Archived