gotta feed the bear

rchandlerh

I've been misled. I thought :au: people were the only ones that keep bringing up tha bahr. BG, you're full of #@*! :big:

Hey BG have you made the pilgrimage? <_<

Have you left a coke and chips at the feet of the Bear's statue? :rolleyes::poke:

546961000935122557lomy7.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words. Do you think maybe that is the guy who wrote the article? No I don't think so, he isn't the only one.

:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

THAT is the saddest thing I have ever read. It is mental illness...and maybe some idolatry to boot.

I was wondering, do they leave cash donations so that he can buy them some new players too?

I guess we can take respite in that, as Pat Dye said: "They (Bama) will never get back to winning consistently until they bury the hat." Face it folks. They are never going to bury the hat. They are digging it up and wearing it more. The insanity grows more every single day. This is as unhealthy and sick as it gets. Newsflash: The man is dead. He's been dead for almost 25 years now. Yet, they WORSHIP him more and more each and every day.

Newsflash folks: He was a man, not Christ, not God. He is not a member of the Holy Trinity.

BTW, anyone wearing Crimson says that we are the ones digging him up is just full of excrement! You folks need to leave the poor DEAD man alone. This appearing in the C&W makes it all the more sad. I guess the writer now thinks that he should be praised for bringing.....Football God: Nick Saban to Tuscaloosa.

These people are just sick. Someone forward that to Cowherd. The rest of the world needs to know what kind of sick crap we deal with down here.

"We did, and they moved up the plaza, where they took a fetching cell phone portrait of the blonde pleasuring the likeness of Gene Stallings' crotch"

Did I read that right?! :blink:

That sounds like alot of man/man love; woman/statue love; and no telling what else kind of love going on there!

As Lewis Grizzard said, "Brother, I don't believe I would have told that!!""

every week until the season's end we would leave Golden Flake potato chips and a glass bottle of Coca Cola at the feet of the statue of Paul "Bear" Bryant in the new stadium plaza

If they expect the Bahr to accept this sacrifice, they better throw in a bottle of Dickle and a pack of Chesterfields.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Most Bama fans like Bamaperry have nothing more in their miserable lives than Alabama football. Since Bama football has been lackluster for several years now, they're trying to metaphorically "resurrect" a dead coach who gave them so much happiness while he was alive because without him, their lives are completely vacuous.

Don't believe me? Go visit your local bookstore and go over to the sports section. Witness and observe how many books on Bama football and Coach Bryant have been written over the past two years. I'm telling you, these people have gone beyond obsession. They're teetering on the brink of psychotic if you ask me. Just observe the picture of that idiot above who is bowing down to a freeking statue of the Bear. That's just pathetic. The man didn't walk on water, cure cancer, solve all the worlds problems, and stop apartheid. He won a lot of football games, nothing more.

Personally, I'm glad that UA enjoys the support of the majority of the "masses" in this state like Shane from Center Point. I don't want those fans wearing Orange and Blue ever. If they ever do, then I will quit being an Auburn fan, period. I know that the classy Bama fans always like to say, "Well, all fans have their bad apples." If we have our bad apples then I have yet to see them.

unfortunately I have seen a few bad auburn fans in my short time. One was an ex's mother. Smoked 2 packs a day....

In other news If you are on facebook I created a group regarding this. "Keep 'bama down. Starve the Bear"...

I have to side with you guys on this one.

And you know how much that pains me. ;)

Sorry, have some chips and a Coke...wait maybe some Dickel and a Chesterfield.

What a joke. Those morons are too young to have seen the BB Show. Bear & his sidekick Charlie something-or-other made a big show of appearing to snack on chips & drink coke but it was so transparent and over the top it came off as more corny than a Nebraska cornfield. Bear was a terrible actor and no matter how many times he extoled the virtues of "Golden Flake Freshness" and "Ice-Cold Refreshing Coca Cola" it was clear from his body language that soft drinks & snack foods were not for him.

Btw, I e-mailed that article to the M-Zone and asked them if they could use it on their blog. :lol::lol:

Here's my favorite all-time Bear Bryant story, and it's perfect for this thread:

In the early 70s, the Bear Bryant show was live. Auburn had just beaten Alabama and Bear looks pretty rough on camera, as if he had been tippling all day. All he would do is mutter into his microphone.

So, Charlie Thornton, in an attempt to cheer up the Bear and placate the sponsors, said, "Bear, how 'bout we enjoy some of these delicious Golden Flake Potato Chips and Coca Colas."

Bear simply replied, "I don't want none of that bellywash."

They cut immediately to a commercial and, after the break, Bear Bryant was sullenly drinking a Coca-Cola.

They cut immediately to a commercial and, after the break, Bear Bryant was sullenly drinking a Coca-Cola.

It's because they poured half the coke out and filled it with you know what. B)

Here's my favorite all-time Bear Bryant story, and it's perfect for this thread:

In the early 70s, the Bear Bryant show was live. Auburn had just beaten Alabama and Bear looks pretty rough on camera, as if he had been tippling all day. All he would do is mutter into his microphone.

So, Charlie Thornton, in an attempt to cheer up the Bear and placate the sponsors, said, "Bear, how 'bout we enjoy some of these delicious Golden Flake Potato Chips and Coca Colas."

Bear simply replied, "I don't want none of that bellywash."

LOL. Do you remeber how that particular show started? Thornton starts his, "Good afternoon Cri-..." and before he can finish Crimson Tide fans, Bear thunders, "WHAT'S GOOD ABOUT IT!!?" Thorton was clearly taken aback and didn't know whether to continue or what. He looked at the Bear and then Bear quickly said, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" holding up his hand and looking down & away from the camera. Thornton recovered and started in on the show. It was hilarious. Wonder if the Bear Bryant museum has that clip on file?

Archived