A look at what NHC may really look like.

DKW 86

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...0401394_pf.html

'It Is Just Not Walter Reed'

Soldiers Share Troubling Stories Of Military Health Care Across U.S.

By Anne Hull and Dana Priest

Washington Post Staff Writers

Monday, March 5, 2007; A01

Ray Oliva went into the spare bedroom in his home in Kelseyville, Calif., to wrestle with his feelings. He didn't know a single soldier at Walter Reed, but he felt he knew them all. He worried about the wounded who were entering the world of military health care, which he knew all too well. His own VA hospital in Livermore was a mess. The gown he wore was torn. The wheelchairs were old and broken.

"It is just not Walter Reed," Oliva slowly tapped out on his keyboard at 4:23 in the afternoon on Friday. "The VA hospitals are not good either except for the staff who work so hard. It brings tears to my eyes when I see my brothers and sisters having to deal with these conditions. I am 70 years old, some say older than dirt but when I am with my brothers and sisters we become one and are made whole again."

more...

There is a very good reason why I have chosen to use private health insurance when available to me through either my work or my wife's work since I have been out of the Army over the VA health benefits that I qualify for.

I drew a 50 mile circle around every military base and ensured that I moved outside of the range of military medicine.

Motrin....the wonder drug that cures all ills in the military.

Don't forget water.

Drink waterrrrr!!!!

And then puke water later.

Which came first, the depression or the hemoroids? Are they service connected disabilities?

AFTiger, I am with you there brother! I'll take my chances with a local civilian provider and TRICARE.

Which came first, the depression or the hemoroids? Are they service connected disabilities?

AFTiger, I am with you there brother! I'll take my chances with a local civilian provider and TRICARE.

Just some of the stuff I witnessed, in other words, incompetence at lower and mid-level. If you were referring to me, I have no service related disabilities that I'm aware of. Well, maybe my disdain for everything the Federal Government attempts, even war. Name one department that is successful. Military is excluded because with all of the money spent of defense, there is no reason to fail (i.e. Walter Reed). So, where does all of the money go? It's obvious that it isn't spent where it's needed. Nor is it spent on the necessities of the military personnel. You know where it goes as well as anyone who reads. It goes in the pockets of the "Military Industrial Complex" otherwise known as the defense contractors. This further enables the demise of the average taxpayer. So, lower taxes does spur economic growth, for those who already have money. Conditions for those who actually do the work continue to deteriorate. Walter Reed is just the tip of the iceberg. As with any other bureaucracy, funds never make it where they are needed. It's a sad day in America when we can't elect a government for the people, instead of one for the corporations. And, it's even more sad that our so-called strong economy can't provide adequate job training for displaced workers and good paying jobs for those unfortunate souls who cannot afford a degree, rather they are shipped to other countries who have depressed wages, lower labor and economic standards. All of the programs can't pay for a college education, it's too damn expensive these days. Which is the intend of the powers that be. It seems as if they want the entire globe to have the same wages, labor and economic opportunities. A level playing field, if you will, destroys the sovereignty of the United States of America and puts the power into the hands of the very system we fought against in WWII. Welcome to the 21st century and the United Corporate State of North America.

Archived