MLB 2007 Season

AUJarhead

You could do the six degrees of separation with Franco and probably go back to the beginning of MLB...dude will admit to being 49 in August and I bet he's actually a little older than that.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm heading out in a little bit for tonights game against the Cards...and staying for Saturday's as well. I can't wait.

Galen, I was happy to see him in back in a Braves uniform as well. To look as good as he does at nearly 50 years old is simply astonishing.

Go Braves!

Interesting night of baseball.

In the Red Sox/White Sox game, the White Sox threw 63 pitches in the 7th inning!

In the Braves game, Willie Harris goes 6-6 with 6 RBIs and 4 runs scored. He was 4-4 by the 4th inning!

I'd just like to state as a St. Louis Cardinal fan, that it's fantastic to watch my team go down in flames so spectacularly!

We could win tonight and split the series, but you've got admit, giving up 29 runs in three games is mighty impressive. :no:

Ugh...

Well, at least we had last year... haha...

Year's not over yet! :thumbsup:

With Carp done this year and next year, unless we can turn Kip Wells into Gibby, I don't see us finishing .500.

With Carp done this year and next year, unless we can turn Kip Wells into Gibby, I don't see us finishing .500.

Yeah, that hurt, but I'm hoping that Mulder can get back and we can get Maroth turned around. Thompson and Wainwright have been decent. Our relievers haven't been all THAT bad (except for Springer...I cringe everytime I see him up in the pen).

Pujols has been hitting better, but he's had inconsistency around him...Edmonds and Rolen being hurt for example. Kennedy is hitting it better, so has Shoemaker. Taguchi is almost always solid in the outfield. Duncan is a caveman in the outfield, but good at the plate.

Anyway, I'm just sayin with a few back from injury and a good run, it could happen. I'm still saying that either the Brewers or the Cubs will go through a rough stretch before it's over.

We'll see... ;):big:

What do you think Mulder will come back as?

And I'm not 100% convinced that Pujols is healthy.

We'll know over the next 7 days if we'll be sellers at the deadline. Crucial 3 game series with those Cubbie Bears, and then 4 with the Brew. Now would be a good time for the first 4+ game win streak since April. I've got tickets for Saturdays game vs MIL.

Good to have you here, Chopper.

And good luck to WE!!! and fanatc. Should be a good week of baseball.

Maroth turned around

Wasn't Maroth pitching the last game of the season 2 or 3 years ago trying NOT to get his 20th loss?

Just kidding...I didn't think he was a bad pitcher then and was part of the best team in baseball the last couple of years. I didn't follow that trade much but what did St. Louis give up to get Maroth? I am suprised that Detroit gave him up because he pitched well in the last couple of years...

It should be exciting. I like the Cubs in the series' pitching matchups, but they have never done too well in St. Louie. Will you be there for any of the 3 Jarhead?

It should be exciting. I like the Cubs in the series' pitching matchups, but they have never done too well in St. Louie. Will you be there for any of the 3 Jarhead?

No, I'm on the other side of the state. I'm going to the KC/NYY game tomorrow night though, it's George Brett T-Shirt night at the K! You guys would be shocked to see how many Bo Jerseys people still wear to the games here. It's pretty cool.

what did St. Louis give up to get Maroth?
I believe a rosin bag and some cotton candy. Anything other than that, and we over paid. (the ever used "player to be named later" actually)

what did St. Louis give up to get Maroth?
I believe a rosin bag and some cotton candy. Anything other than that, and we over paid. (the ever used "player to be named later" actually)

:roflol:

I agree. He had a great night his first night, but the last two outings have been disasters for him. Dave Duncan has been pretty good at producing some turnarounds, look at the pitcher we got from the Angels last year. He had a great second half and an outstanding post-season. Doesn't always work out, but we'll see soon enough.

I think Pujols is alright, even if just a little frustrated. He's been accustomed to winning in St. Louis. He seems to take it personal when the team doesn't do well. I think he'll be fine once people start contributing around him.

Pitching is still the number one key for me. If it improves and we can make an acquisition as opposed to getting rid of anyone, I think we still have some of the best talent to make a run.

I can't wait to make it up to St. Louis sometime to see a game in the new Busch Stadium. Went to hundreds of games in the last one. :)

:thumbsup:

I can't wait to make it up to St. Louis sometime to see a game in the new Busch Stadium. Went to hundreds of games in the last one. :)

It took me some getting used to. Alot of the stuff that I liked about old Busch stadium didn't make it. For example, I loved how on the retired number flags, the players were called by their nicknames (Stan the Man, Gibby, Ozzie, Lou, Gussie, etc). Here, it's just "Musial" "Gibson" etc. Although the retired microphone for Jack is pretty sweet to see on the wall.

Inside the stadium, along the concourse, is the scoreboard from old Busch, with the out of town scores and the game scoreboard from the last regular season game (Cards vs Reds). A nice touch, I think.

I was able to take my daughter to opening day in 2005, the last opening day at old Busch. Of course, she was 2 months old, but we've got some good pictures.

It took me some getting used to. Alot of the stuff that I liked about old Busch stadium didn't make it. For example, I loved how on the retired number flags, the players were called by their nicknames (Stan the Man, Gibby, Ozzie, Lou, Gussie, etc). Here, it's just "Musial" "Gibson" etc. Although the retired microphone for Jack is pretty sweet to see on the wall.

Inside the stadium, along the concourse, is the scoreboard from old Busch, with the out of town scores and the game scoreboard from the last regular season game (Cards vs Reds). A nice touch, I think.

I was able to take my daughter to opening day in 2005, the last opening day at old Busch. Of course, she was 2 months old, but we've got some good pictures.

I bet it is nice. My family lives in Macon, GA (while I live here), but we lived in Southern Illinois for years. I have a lot of memories sitting right over the tunnel to the Cardinals dugout, seeing Fredbird, and always being excited to exit the tunnel coming into the stadium and seeing the signature arches.

I'm sure seeing the arch, as well as the city is a nice touch. I'm sure seeing any tribute to Jack Buck is going to be touching. It's different not listening to the game on the old KMOX, but I still like tuning into XM and listening to Mike Shannon call the game. (I've also got the subscription to MLB.tv....pretty nice for as much as I'm on the road...)

Funniest memory I have is watching my sister accidentally spill her coke down the roof of the dugout entrance only to douse Andy Van Slyke as he was coming out! He was supposed to start and had to go get a new uniform on! :lol:

Best fans in Baseball! Sorry cubbies! :P

The only reason to be even remotely interested in watching the Astros is now out for 4-6 weeks with a wrist injury (Hunter Pence).

tombstone3.jpg

That "D" word is "disaster".

Oh no, Slag, now you've done it. I feel a Jenny rant coming on...

They are not even worth my time and energy spent ranting. Even Katie calls them the Disastros now, or her daddy's favorite, the "Lastros".

They suck.

Plain and simple, they suck.

The general manager sucks.

The skipper sucks.

The players suck.

The starting pitching is so far past suck that you can't even see suck in the rearview mirror anymore.

And the bullpen. The bullpen blew past suck like it was standing still, and kept going. They haven't even invented a word yet for the degree of suckitude that is our bullpen.

And what REALLY sucks is that NOTHING is being done to improve. Tim Purpura couldn't make a decent deal if his ass were on fire and someone was offering him a water hose. The farm system is a bunch of washed up hasbeens clinging to a dream that was gone years ago. No real prospects on the horizon. No trades in the works, because we don't have anything worth trading for. If Lee or Berkman or Pence got traded, I would become a Cardinals fan. The team would officially implode. There would literally be nothing left of it.

I am just counting the days until football season. The happiest people in town are the Texans - no matter how bad they suck this year, no way can they be worse than the Astros. The Astros make the Texans look like the flipping Patriots. When everyone starts calling for Kubiak's head, he can just say "But we're better than the Astros!".

AND HE WILL BE RIGHT.

So no, not going to rant today. Just not going to do it.

They are not even worth my time and energy spent ranting. Even Katie calls them the Disastros now, or her daddy's favorite, the "Lastros".

They suck.

Plain and simple, they suck.

The general manager sucks.

The skipper sucks.

The players suck.

The starting pitching is so far past suck that you can't even see suck in the rearview mirror anymore.

And the bullpen. The bullpen blew past suck like it was standing still, and kept going. They haven't even invented a word yet for the degree of suckitude that is our bullpen.

And what REALLY sucks is that NOTHING is being done to improve. Tim Purpura couldn't make a decent deal if his ass were on fire and someone was offering him a water hose. The farm system is a bunch of washed up hasbeens clinging to a dream that was gone years ago. No real prospects on the horizon. No trades in the works, because we don't have anything worth trading for. If Lee or Berkman or Pence got traded, I would become a Cardinals fan. The team would officially implode. There would literally be nothing left of it.

I am just counting the days until football season. The happiest people in town are the Texans - no matter how bad they suck this year, no way can they be worse than the Astros. The Astros make the Texans look like the flipping Patriots. When everyone starts calling for Kubiak's head, he can just say "But we're better than the Astros!".

AND HE WILL BE RIGHT.

So no, not going to rant today. Just not going to do it.

So, you're saying that the Houson Astros "suck"? :P

I'll miss Biggio. Did Bagwell officially retire? Would be neat to see both of them go into the Hall the same year.

I'll miss Biggio. Did Bagwell officially retire? Would be neat to see both of them go into the Hall the same year.

I saw on mlb.com that Biggio is retiring. He went on to break a 6th inning tie with LA with a 2 out grand slam and propelled Houston 7-4. He is a great player and class guy that will defiantly be missed.

Biggio

Cubbies slip by the Cards tonight. <_<

As a wise man once said......."Sh_t!"

That is all. Let's do it again tomorrow.

Can't say we didn't have our chances. AP comes up with two out and two on in the 7th, and then again in the 9th with 2 away and a man at first.

We lose tonight, I think we can officially call ourselves sellers tomorrow.

Archived