There still might be help for them yet.

rchandlerh

I liked this.

10. You are not a national power. When the world hears “War Eagle†they think of Auburn. When the world hears “Crimson Tide†they think of Denzel Washington. Ever since ESPN's Mark May accidently made a comment about Auburn being in Georgia, Alabama fans have enjoyed declaring superiority because people actually know the state Alabama is located in. I think it’s a compliment that people who know of Auburn’s reputation aren’t sure of the state it's in. Auburn’s reputation transcends the state of Alabama. Can you name the states every Ivy League school is in?

Heck, there's alot of self proclaimed Notre Dame fans that don't know that Notre Dame is in Indiana.

I liked this.

10. You are not a national power. When the world hears “War Eagle” they think of Auburn. When the world hears “Crimson Tide” they think of Denzel Washington. Ever since ESPN's Mark May accidently made a comment about Auburn being in Georgia, Alabama fans have enjoyed declaring superiority because people actually know the state Alabama is located in. I think it’s a compliment that people who know of Auburn’s reputation aren’t sure of the state it's in. Auburn’s reputation transcends the state of Alabama. Can you name the states every Ivy League school is in?

Heck, there's alot of self proclaimed Notre Dame fans that don't know that Notre Dame is in Indiana.

And most Alabama fans, though they have never left the state, couldn't find the campus if they had to.

During my visit to AU in the summer before my senior year in HS, the AU people took me to the top of some building and showed me the AU stadium.

It was like 5pm....very beautiful site.

Archived