auburn pro day numbers

bellefay1

nice info thanks for the post, have you found any projections of who will get drafted and what round?

Here we have Grubbs to Chicago in 1st round.

Here we have Irons to Green Bay in 1st.

Here we have Grubbs to Chicago in 1st round.

ESPN's mock draft is pay-per-view so I don't know what it says.

There's more out there but these are the ones that seem to be the most reasonable to me (well known football expert that I am).

nice info thanks for the post, have you found any projections of who will get drafted and what round?

i don't put much stock into those things. outside of mabye the top 5 picks with extremly talented players going to teams that need exactly someone in their position, it's all speculation.

after all, marcus mcneill had back problems, durability questions etc. and went on to be picked 50th. what did he do, blocked for the player who broke the single season td record and make the pro bowl his rookie year so, he's got that going for him.

ONe of the Sports Animal guys here in OKC broght up an old statement today by a NFL Scout....

"I LOVE GOING TO AUBURN PRO DAYS. THEIR 40 is only 38 yards!"

OUt of all the teams to rip he chose Auburn!

Mr. Grubbs might've work himself into the mid-first round. I had him going late first round to mid-second, hoping that he'd land into the Super Chargers laps. The magazine that I have is pre-combine mock-ups. They had Courtney Taylor running a 4.90 40. I was like.......Yea right, I ran a 4.8 in College weighting 260. So here's my guess:

J. Russell - 1st Pick

Joe Thomas - 2nd Pick

Calvin Johnson/Adrian Peterson - 3rd/4th Pick

Auburn:

Ben Grubbs - Late 1st Round

Kenny Irons - Mid to Late 2nd Round

David Irons - Mid to Late 3rd Round

Courtney Taylor - Late 4th to Mid 5th Round

Tim Duckworth - Mid to Late 5th Round

Karibe Dede - Late 5th Round

Jonathan Palmer - Mid to Late 6th Round

C Taylor ran a 4.48 40 during the pro days in :au: I think he will be a late second round pick.

C Taylor ran a 4.48 40 during the pro days in :au: I think he will be a late second round pick.

Too many receivers in the draft. He's the 15th or 16th receiver on the board. No way he goes before the third round. Fourth or fifth is most likely. This coming from somebody who would love to see him go in the first.

Archived