UAT-Florida State football game

AU alum

Yeah, why?

One was a locally owned place and the guy may or may not have been kidding, but after he told me twice that "we don't serve Auburn folks in here" I just left. The other time was a semi-fast food place where the counter guy walked away and said he wasn't going to take "no Auburn fan's order". Both happened during a football season and the semi-fast food one came the night after an AU win over Alabama.

I have just never heard of something like that happening before.

I am not sure what I would do if I went to a place in Knoxville or Cootlumbia and didnt get served.

I am sorry, but I just don't believe that. I do believe that someone just teasing said, "we don't serve Auburn fans here", and if you're that senstitive.............Then I guess this could have happened.

If the other place was a fast food place, then it's a chain, and I would report them, or I would have at least asked for the manager. No one has to be treated this way, and shouldn't accept such behavior.

My question would be though. Did the AU fan smart off at the counter guy? If this happened the day after the last defeat, which we all took pretty bad, then I am sorry but you asked for it.

Just my opinion, but I do believe that some respect is to be shown for the other school when you are at their home, but I also believe that we should treat visitors with respect, but sometimes people don't want respect.

They would rather mouth off, and then be offended when it's given back.

First, I don't give a fart in a stiff breeze what you believe or don't believe.

Second, I know the difference between teasing and poking fun and rudeness.

Third, I ate for free for about three months at the chain in question after I did complain. Sent me a book of free meal coupons.

Fourth? If you knew me at all you'd know I didn't say anything. I live near Tuscaloosa and wear my AU stuff over there all the time. As a rule, I never initiate any type of smack with a Bama fan I don't know. You'd also know that I'm not particularly sensitive about it because I get it almost every time I go over there to shop or eat or anything and have on AU gear. When I check out at Target or half the stores in the mall, I get some crack from the clerk. Servers at restaurants make snide comments. I understand and accept that because I am proudly wearing the colors of the program that dominates the team their grandaddy told them to like. I generally don't even respond other than to smile at their stupidity and pity them. At the movies a cop stepped in front of me and my then-five year old daughter telling us he'd have to take us in for wearing obscenities on our shirts. She cried. I knew he was kidding. On that occasion, I got some revenge. In the darkened theater when they showed the commercials prior to the film, one was a promo for Bama football featuring Mike Shula and the prototypical "we're back, 12 NC" nonsense. They played that sound that resembles an old man squeezing out a fart -- fwwwwweeeeeeeeeeee. And I laughed loudly and brazenly. I had popcorn thrown at me and one guy in the back fired off an obscenity, but those I deserved and accepted in the spirit they were given. The two instances I noted, however? Them boys wasn't "jest joshin'" and they took it further than I was willing to accept in the spirit of the rivalry. They were rude jackholes.

I must admit the classiest reply that I have ever received. I love how it starts off "fart in a stiff breeze".

This truly tell me a lot about you as a fan, and does make me feel better about some of the ones that we have. Not that they are any better, but thankfully they are no worse.

As you stated, I don't know you, nor do you know me. I have never posted on this board anything against any fan.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must admit the classiest reply that I have ever received. I love how it starts off "fart in a stiff breeze".

This truly tell me a lot about you as a fan, and does make me feel better about some of the ones that we have. Not that they are any better, but thankfully they are no worse.

As you stated, I don't know you, nor do you know me. I have never posted on this board anything against any fan.

It's a colloquialism and should not tell you anything. It has nothing to do with my "fandom" or lack thereof. If you're using this as a basis to "feel better about your fans" then I laugh in your general direction. It merely re-emphasizes how completely out of touch most Bama fans are.

Ohhhhh, I said fart. That makes me a bad, bad man.

It's a colloquialism and should not tell you anything. It has nothing to do with my "fandom" or lack thereof. If you're using this as a basis to "feel better about your fans" then I laugh in your general direction. It merely re-emphasizes how completely out of touch most Bama fans are.

Ohhhhh, I said fart. That makes me a bad, bad man.

Oh, but it does tell alot.

i believe that we should go hidden camera and document the evidence and post on youtube. if only 50 of us did so during the year, and 10 one week before and after the game in november, 5 if you are male and game is played in tuscaloosa, i personally have been insulted so many times that it just doesn't even phase me anymore. my wife has witnessed it so many times that she actually says, "i know you love auburn, i love auburn too, but just once i would like to get through one meal at a restaurant without the harrassment." i know what i am talking about as i have lived here for 7 years. my bama friends are very repectful and i am toward them. it is the knuckle-dragging bammer stranger in the 4x4, w/ camo seat covers and her husband you have to watch out for!!!! :roflol::moon:

p.s. if we posted all video on youtube it may crash the site.

i believe that we should go hidden camera and document the evidence and post on youtube. if only 50 of us did so during the year, and 10 one week before and after the game in november, 5 if you are male and game is played in tuscaloosa, i personally have been insulted so many times that it just doesn't even phase me anymore. my wife has witnessed it so many times that she actually says, "i know you love auburn, i love auburn too, but just once i would like to get through one meal at a restaurant without the harrassment." i know what i am talking about as i have lived here for 7 years. my bama friends are very repectful and i am toward them. it is the knuckle-dragging bammer stranger in the 4x4, w/ camo seat covers and her husband you have to watch out for!!!! :roflol::moon:

And don't you think that it is the silliest thing that you have ever heard? I love Bama as much as you love Auburn, but I am not going to physically insult an Auburn fan that is a stranger to me. My Auburn friends and I go back and forth with each other, but that's the fun of the rivalry, but I would never just insult someone on the street or in a store or restaurant. I don't think that anyone should have their parentage or intelligence insulted because of what school they support.

Let's face it we all have fans that we may not be proud of, but they have a right to be a fan as much as anyone else.

And don't you think that it is the silliest thing that you have ever heard? I love Bama as much as you love Auburn, but I am not going to physically insult an Auburn fan that is a stranger to me. My Auburn friends and I go back and forth with each other, but that's the fun of the rivalry, but I would never just insult someone on the street or in a store or restaurant. I don't think that anyone should have their parentage or intelligence insulted because of what school they support.

Let's face it we all have fans that we may not be proud of, but they have a right to be a fan as much as anyone else.

That's pretty good. The epitome of class here has now twice branded as liars those of us who have experienced (frequent) Bama insults/heckling, etc. for no reason other than us having the audacity to wear the colors of the team that dominates the program their grandaddy told them to like. We're "silly." BamaMyHeart (a rather silly moniker as it were) just doesn't believe us. We must be making it up as Bama fans, long recognized as the standard bearers for class and decorum, would never do such a thing.

I hate to tell you, BMH, but it's a fairly pervasive pattern of behavior. You should take your crimson glasses off. I've lived most of 20 years within 50 miles of Tuscaloosa -- living IN that rathole for close to half of that. In that time I've changed banks, changed insurance companies, changed brokers, marked off half a dozen eating establishments, dealt with rude waiters, sales clerks, counter help and public officials, had obscenities shouted at me and my family, had items on my vehicles damaged and watched my kids suffer from the ignorant abuse passed down from the parents of their classmates. All because we're Auburn fans and not willing to pretend to be something different. I'm not going to trade with a bank where the manager thinks it's funny to announce to the lobby whenever I walk in that "looks like a bird crapped on your shirt" or something equally "hilarious." I don't find it in the spirit of "good fandom" when two members of my wife's family think it's okay for their child to ostracize mine unless my daughter is willing to pledge allegiance to the holy tide. And then for those two idiot dads to chuckle that they "don't want their kids playing with no barners anyway."

You, BG and a few others here would like to pretend that these are isolated incidents. But the simple fact is that almost every single Auburn fan on this board and around the state can tell you of similar experiences they or a member of their family have had. It's not something they "brought on themselves" by being jerks or by mouthing off. I've never initiated any type of conversation/confrontation with a bama fan (other than the movie incident, but that fwwwweeeeeeee sound is absolutely hilarious, it never fails to crack me up). It's something that happens because the VAST majority of Bama's fanbase thinks (either subconsciously or consciously) of Auburn fans as inferior to them. Doesn't matter that the AU fan may be patronizing the store where they work as a stock boy, the mere fact of bama fandom gives stock boy the birthright to make a snarky comment.

Things are changing, though. Been changing for 25 years now. Every day there are more and more of us. And fewer and fewer of you. That's why the rhetoric from you dinosaurs has been so loud lately. It's only a matter of time. In my lifetime the last vestiges of the Bryant years will be gone. Auburn will surpass bama in the series record and the fanbase will split almost evenly. The crimpson media holdouts will die off and a new breed will take their place -- a breed with no connection to or affinity for the long-ago "glory years" of Alabama football. Auburn will be recognized as what it was before Bryant and what it has been after him (and was in everything other than football during his tenure): The best school/program in the state. The reason I don't let the vociferous bama attacks bother me much is because I know the root. It's an inferiority complex manifesting itself in aggressive behavior. But eventually that, too, will fade except among the most ignorant.

That's pretty good. The epitome of class here has now twice branded as liars those of us who have experienced (frequent) Bama insults/heckling, etc. for no reason other than us having the audacity to wear the colors of the team that dominates the program their grandaddy told them to like. We're "silly." BamaMyHeart (a rather silly moniker as it were) just doesn't believe us. We must be making it up as Bama fans, long recognized as the standard bearers for class and decorum, would never do such a thing.

I hate to tell you, BMH, but it's a fairly pervasive pattern of behavior. You should take your crimson glasses off. I've lived most of 20 years within 50 miles of Tuscaloosa -- living IN that rathole for close to half of that. In that time I've changed banks, changed insurance companies, changed brokers, marked off half a dozen eating establishments, dealt with rude waiters, sales clerks, counter help and public officials, had obscenities shouted at me and my family, had items on my vehicles damaged and watched my kids suffer from the ignorant abuse passed down from the parents of their classmates. All because we're Auburn fans and not willing to pretend to be something different. I'm not going to trade with a bank where the manager thinks it's funny to announce to the lobby whenever I walk in that "looks like a bird crapped on your shirt" or something equally "hilarious." I don't find it in the spirit of "good fandom" when two members of my wife's family think it's okay for their child to ostracize mine unless my daughter is willing to pledge allegiance to the holy tide. And then for those two idiot dads to chuckle that they "don't want their kids playing with no barners anyway."

You, BG and a few others here would like to pretend that these are isolated incidents. But the simple fact is that almost every single Auburn fan on this board and around the state can tell you of similar experiences they or a member of their family have had. It's not something they "brought on themselves" by being jerks or by mouthing off. I've never initiated any type of conversation/confrontation with a bama fan (other than the movie incident, but that fwwwweeeeeeee sound is absolutely hilarious, it never fails to crack me up). It's something that happens because the VAST majority of Bama's fanbase thinks (either subconsciously or consciously) of Auburn fans as inferior to them. Doesn't matter that the AU fan may be patronizing the store where they work as a stock boy, the mere fact of bama fandom gives stock boy the birthright to make a snarky comment.

Things are changing, though. Been changing for 25 years now. Every day there are more and more of us. And fewer and fewer of you. That's why the rhetoric from you dinosaurs has been so loud lately. It's only a matter of time. In my lifetime the last vestiges of the Bryant years will be gone. Auburn will surpass bama in the series record and the fanbase will split almost evenly. The crimpson media holdouts will die off and a new breed will take their place -- a breed with no connection to or affinity for the long-ago "glory years" of Alabama football. Auburn will be recognized as what it was before Bryant and what it has been after him (and was in everything other than football during his tenure): The best school/program in the state. The reason I don't let the vociferous bama attacks bother me much is because I know the root. It's an inferiority complex manifesting itself in aggressive behavior. But eventually that, too, will fade except among the most ignorant.

That's gonna leave a mark.

That's gonna leave a mark.

I was not calling you silly. What I called silly was anyone that bashes another fan simply because they are a fan of a different school. I understand when friends pick on each other, but not total strangers.

I know things like this can happen, and that is why I said what I did about not being able to

always like all of our fans, but what can you do. I lived in south Alabama for a very long time, and believe me I took a lot of abuse from Auburn fans. So this comes from both sides, and this is what I find silly.

I believe that a fan can support their team without such behavior, and if you think that it is all one sided you are strongly mistaken. Auburn fans give as good as they get.

Archived