UAT-Florida State football game

AU alum

My husband, who is an Alabama fan (but I love him anyway) told me yesterday that tickets to the SPUAT-Fla.State game were going for $300 apiece. Tickets aren't even available yet, are they? How can this be possible?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's some scoop from the Seminoles. May shed some light. They may be sold out for non-boosters.

http://floridastate.rivals.com/showmsg.asp...061&style=2

My husband, who is an Alabama fan (but I love him anyway) told me yesterday that tickets to the SPUAT-Fla.State game were going for $300 apiece. Tickets aren't even available yet, are they? How can this be possible?

i've heard of them "pre-selling" on e-bay for that much, but more than likely that is a scam. from what i've read, the bama ticket office will be selling its allotment of tickets to tide pride members first and then whatever, if any, are leftover, those will go on a first come first serve basis to who ordered them online.

Is being a booster in addition to paying money to be able to order season ticket packages? If so, does Auburn do it?

Is being a booster in addition to paying money to be able to order season ticket packages? If so, does Auburn do it?

I think being a booster at Alabama means you have to wear the red polyester. They give bonus points for that...

I don't really care about the ticket sales for this game, but you can bet your rear that I am going to be watching this one, and hoping that FSU and CJF kick the ever loving crap out of sabahr and his dark pink tide! :nanner:

I have that seen that happen before. Basically, the "ticket scalping" websites (such as Stub Hub) pre-sell tickets based on the "expected" allotment they will get from season ticketholders who have committed certain tickets to them. They then sell those tickets to the public and deliver them once they receive them from their affiliates. To ensure you get your tickets, a lot of them have 110% money back guarantees saying if they can't provide the tickets, you get a refund (plus some).

Hope this helps...

If the cops bust people outside the stadium for scalping tickets, how do these sites manage to stay in business?

Does he also say they have 12 national championships? Do you sense a pattern here?

If the cops bust people outside the stadium for scalping tickets, how do these sites manage to stay in business?

I don't know. But it saddens me to know that both Alabama and Auburn Univeristies are actually working hand in hand with the scalpers. Since its legal in Alabama, it almost seems like the Schools do everything they can to get the big blocks of tix to the scalpers first.

There's a 4 year wait list for Tide Pride, but scalpers buy up blocks of 50-100 seats every year. That bothers me.

Does he also say they have 12 national championships? Do you sense a pattern here?

Yes, he does, repeatedly. But you know what he DOESN'T talk about? The Iron Bowl. Wonder why?

Oh, and just to let you know. According to him, SPUAT will beat Fla. State and LSU. I have a hunch I'll be smiling a lot this fall. Go Seminoles and Geaux Tigers! And the poor guy actually thinks they'll beat Auburn and be SEC champions this year! Gosh, it's hard to keep a straight face. And he's one of the better Alabama fans!

You really should tell him that the better ballgame is being played just down the road from Jacksonville and that game is the one you both will be attending.

You are woman, let him hear you roar.

I bought mine from the FSU ticket office for face value. Gots me 4 of them before they took the link down.

Hey BG who is that in your sig picture?

It looks like its an tide player nailing another tide player. :lol:

Is it from last years a-day game?

It's Andre Smith cleaning some Arky player's clock.

At least you can be proud of one play from the Arkansas game.

That's one more than we have from the Arky game... :(

Please. You can talk trash about most all of last year...but our version of the Arky game vs yours? That's funny.

D Mac JUST ran for another TD.

Guest BoStillKnows

Please. You can talk trash about most all of last year...but our version of the Arky game vs yours? That's funny.

An ugly loss to Arkansas is just ugly. Beating UAT five years in a row...now that's funny.

D Mac JUST ran for another TD.

not sure why its funny....both of us lost to arky.... I know uat is about moral victories and all, but whether you lose by a point or get hammered, its still a LOSS...

not sure why its funny....both of us lost to arky.... I know uat is about moral victories and all, but whether you lose by a point or get hammered, its still a LOSS...

Guess you totally missed my point.

Of all the trash talking you guys could do about football...picking out our Arkansas games from last year shouldn't be on the map.

Guess you totally missed my point.

Of all the trash talking you guys could do about football...picking out our Arkansas games from last year shouldn't be on the map.

Not so fast my friend, every year UAT has lost to ArKansas, UAT fails to finish the season with a winning record. So, losing by one point to ArKansas is a moral victory?

Yes, he does, repeatedly. But you know what he DOESN'T talk about? The Iron Bowl. Wonder why?

Oh, and just to let you know. According to him, SPUAT will beat Fla. State and LSU. I have a hunch I'll be smiling a lot this fall. Go Seminoles and Geaux Tigers! And the poor guy actually thinks they'll beat Auburn and be SEC champions this year! Gosh, it's hard to keep a straight face. And he's one of the better Alabama fans!

BG03 says your husband doesn't exist. There are no Alabama fans expecting an SEC title this season, they'll all be just peachy if they can win a game or two and Saban doesn't ask for too big of a raise.

BG03 says your husband doesn't exist. There are no Alabama fans expecting an SEC title this season, they'll all be just peachy if they can win a game or two and Saban doesn't ask for too big of a raise.

I'd say that his opinions don't reflect the VAST majority of Alabama fans. Though you'd never believe that. You only remember the delusional ones because it fits your little mental image of Alabama fans perfectly.

Archived