Democrats - The War Within

MDM4AU

The Real Story: Democrats - The War Within

Updated March 12, 2007

One of the unique things about this show -- and this might be good or bad, I'm not sure -- is that I will tell you when I'm wrong about something. Well, good heavens, was I wrong.

Let me take you allll the way back to last fall, you know -- before the Democrats took over and solved all the country's problems in just a hundred hours. What an anti-climactic gimmick that was, huh?

Back then, I had a cute little theory that the moderate, or the so-called "blue dog" democrats -- would steal votes from republicans who were looking for a change. So far, so good, but what I didn't predict quite so accurately was what would happen as soon as the election was over.

The Real Story tonight is that the blue dogs democrats are dead -- or, are a minimum: they've become completely irrelevant. The blue dogs have given way to the real face; the real power center of the Democratic party -- the far left radicals. The pictures you see of smiling Democrats standing side by side with Nancy Pelosi in their fight against the big, bad conservatives, are nothing but a charade. Under the surface there is real venom and real in-fighting going on, and it's happening between the left and the really far left.

I've got two examples for you. First, after Fox News Chairman Roger Ailes made a joke about Barack Obama -- a joke which Obama himself took no offense to -- Democrats in Nevada retaliated by canceling a presidential debate Fox News was co-sponsoring. These are the same Democrats who are always complaining that Fox is nothing but a Republican mouthpiece -- well, here was their chance to expose exactly what their party stands for to an enormous national audience and they blew it. Even worse, they cancelled the debate because of a crusade led by MoveOn.org, a group that's not exactly representative of mainstream, moderate Democrats. So tell me John Edwards, who bowed out of the debate first -- who's really pulling the strings in your campaign??

The four horsemen must be riding into town right as we speak because I actually agree with Dennis Kucinich on this issue. He said: "If you want to be the President of the United States, you can't be afraid to deal with people with whom you disagree politically." He's also out there blasting his fellow democrats for canceling, saying it, quote "smacks of manipulation" -- and he is exactly right. Tomorrow night on the Real Story I'm going to expose the campaign manipulation he's talking about and you won't believe who's really behind it.

But the key point here -- the thing that should chill you to your core -- is that Dennis Kucinich and I agree on something. Sure, I think his ideas are literally insane; but at least he truly believes them. And, unlike the other weasels -- he's actually willing to stand by them while everyone else scrambles to find cover. If that isn't proof of a party that's lost all sense of unity and direction -- I don't know what is.

Before the election, Democrats tried so hard to fight off accusations that they're soft on defense by talking about how we need a "new vision" in Iraq; a new plan, a new course of action. But four months later, we now see exactly what that course of action is: withdraw our troops as quickly as possible. That's not a new vision, that's a lack of vision. And, Mr. "Party of Ethics and Honesty" that's certainly not the plan you advertised last fall because if it was, then you would've lost the election. Americans aren't losers; politicians are.

Late last week we got a rare glimpse at just how fractured the democrats have become when peace activist Tina Richards taped a hallway encounter she had with the Democratic Chair of the House Appropriations committee: David Obey. (Link to the YouTube video is posted under the "Research Links" section.)

Probably not exactly the reception she had in mind when the Democrats took over Congress. There are two wars going on right now: one in Iraq and one within the Democratic party. Unfortunately for America, the two have become very much intertwined.

LINK

There are two wars going on right now: one in Iraq and one within the Democratic party. Unfortunately for America, the two have become very much intertwined.

Wrong- the two wars going on right now: one in Iraq and one over the powers and privileges granted to the executive branch of government in the constitution versus the powers of the legislative branch.

There are two wars going on right now: one in Iraq and one within the Democratic party. Unfortunately for America, the two have become very much intertwined.

Wrong- the two wars going on right now: one in Iraq and one over the powers and privileges granted to the executive branch of government in the constitution versus the powers of the legislative branch.

Don't rock his world too much--- Glenn Beck does all his thinking for him.

Coming from a moveon.org sheep...

Coming from a moveon.org sheep...

Find a post with me linking to moveon.org. You're getting desperate here.

The difference here is that I give credit to the source. Don't always agree, but good points are made. You spout all your rants as though all are conceived on your own even though they sound exactly like what Media Matters, moveon.org and those on the Looney Left have spoon fed you.

The difference here is that I give credit to the source. Don't always agree, but good points are made. You spout all your rants as though all are conceived on your own even though they sound exactly like what Media Matters, moveon.org and those on the Looney Left have spoon fed you.

I don't even visit moveon.org. Try again. Don't lie, just because you feel defensive.

I don't even visit moveon.org.

If you say so... :rolleyes:

I know that challenging your factless fantasies is a bit unquieting. Hang in there. B)

What was that you said about denial earlier? :lol:

I don't even visit moveon.org.

If you say so... :rolleyes:

I know that challenging your factless fantasies is a bit unquieting. Hang in there. B)

What was that you said about denial earlier? :lol:

It's been a while, and I'd forgotten your need to get in the last word. Go ahead, brother. Good night!

Archived