Finebaum

BAMMERPERRY

I was sick last month with the flu. Let me tell ya, it doesn't get any better than Nyquil at 10 pm. You'll be asleep in no time.

I was sick last month with the flu. Let me tell ya, it doesn't get any better than Nyquil at 10 pm. You'll be asleep in no time.

Man you are right! The sniffling, sneezing, aching, coughing, pass out on the kithen floor medice.

Just when you think that you have seen it all, the world goes and proves you wrong. Today, April 14, 2007, Paul Finebaum chimed in on the Don Imus travesty with an article entitled Hypocrisy over Imus Sickening.

Someone, anyone, tell me what the heck that was about? Was Finebaum trying to say that Imus was irrelevant and therefore "No Harm, No Foul?" Was Finebaum trying to say that Imus has a right to free speech, even if it was bad speech? Was Finebaum trying to say that the Rutgers basketball team didn’t win the NCAA Championship and therefore who cares? After all, winning is the only thing that matters.

Or was Finebaum really trying to say this: "Damn that Imus, he is getting his $1M worth of free publicity, but it just cost him his career." I kind of think that since Imus and Finebaum are in the same business that Finebaum is really more concerned with the latter one. Finebaum IS Sports-Imus in Alabama. Think about that for a moment. We in America have some folks whose entire careers and industries dedicated to inflaming emotions and fomenting outrage. Talk radio is all that and more, or less depending on your point of view.

Talk radio is a very popular form of entertainment. At its best, it should be meant to inform and educate and, lets face it, entertain too. But it does something else. Talk radio also inflames. It tears down. It disrespects. Maybe it is just a baser form of the human condition, but shouldn't we be better than that? Shouldn't we strive to be more?

I think what Mr. Finebaum is so excited about is this: With Don Imus, we have finally learned that there is a limit with what you can say on talk radio. Can you imagine that! What a shock to SHOCK radio. That there is a limit to what the public is willing to have broadcast on the PUBLIC OWNED airwaves. Imagine the absolute outrage at the PFRN, Jim Rome’s studios, and The Howard Stern Show! How dare the public rein us in!

This IS really funny. Think about it folks. The man that is Paul Finebaum finally having to realize that there is actually a limit, a boundary with human decency. That human beings DO in fact matter more than a shock jock's ratings. Praise God and Hallelujah! Did you ever think the day would come?

Now, sleaze-meisters like Finebaum, Rome, and Stern have come to realize that there is actually a limit on the amount of filth, libel, and slander the American public is willing to take. I am not just talking about turning off just your own radio either. We all have done that. But, if enough of the radio consumers turn off the radio, switch the channel, or write letters to advertisers guess what? Radio personalities lose their jobs and careers!

You know, some overblown windbags out there will say that this "will have a chilling effect on free speech in America…" Bovine Excrement! Maybe for the first time in history the talk radio schlock-meisters have finally gotten a taste of having to listen to the PUBLIC'S free speech. They will have to listen to US now. Free speech is always the best choice, I think the true thing we are hearing from the likes of Finebaum is that now he, and talk radio as an industry, understands that free speech isn’t just for him, or them. It also includes us, the American listening public. That has to be a very scary thing for a radio show that proudly boasts as being the place where “most football coaches are fired…” Could Finebaum be the next Imus? Could he, Paul Finebaum, be the next one fired instead of a football coach? Could Finebaum the man take the grilling he dished out to Shula, Fran, Dubose, Bowden, and others?

In a recent near miracle Finebaum somehow had the good fortune to replace a show in Birmingham that was pounding him in the ratings. Imagine Finebaum's sphincteral contractions as he reads about Imus and realizes that just after he gets the save of a lifetime in replacing a show beating him into the ground that the listening public learns that talk radio jocks like himself, some even much, much, bigger than he will ever be, can lose their careers in the blink of an eye, or the slip of the tongue.

Now you can understand why I think he wrote that article. It has to be very sobering to understand that the rules have suddenly changed in your career of choice. It also has to be very unsettling that one slip of the tongue, one slip-up, can now cost you your livelihood. That's right Paulie, one bad mistake on the radio is now the same as one bad call on the field to all those men you ridiculed over the years. Do you need something to help wash down that plate of crow you feel you are about to be served?

Hey, remember above when I said that free speech was always the best thing? Maybe Finebaum and others should just embrace that and move on. Maybe it will raise the number of callers. Maybe it will raise the level of debate. Maybe it will make you a better host. Or maybe you are just afraid that real free speech will show your real abilities, or lack of them. Hhhhhhmmmm?

Just when you think that you have seen it all, the world goes and proves you wrong. Today, April 14, 2007, Paul Finebaum chimed in on the Don Imus travesty with an article entitled Hypocrisy over Imus Sickening.

Someone, anyone, tell me what the heck that was about? Was Finebaum trying to say that Imus was irrelevant and therefore "No Harm, No Foul?" Was Finebaum trying to say that Imus has a right to free speech, even if it was bad speech? Was Finebaum trying to say that the Rutgers basketball team didn’t win the NCAA Championship and therefore who cares? After all, winning is the only thing that matters.

Or was Finebaum really trying to say this: "Damn that Imus, he is getting his $1M worth of free publicity, but it just cost him his career." I kind of think that since Imus and Finebaum are in the same business that Finebaum is really more concerned with the latter one. Finebaum IS Sports-Imus in Alabama. Think about that for a moment. We in America have some folks whose entire careers and industries dedicated to inflaming emotions and fomenting outrage. Talk radio is all that and more, or less depending on your point of view.

Talk radio is a very popular form of entertainment. At its best, it should be meant to inform and educate and, lets face it, entertain too. But it does something else. Talk radio also inflames. It tears down. It disrespects. Maybe it is just a baser form of the human condition, but shouldn't we be better than that? Shouldn't we strive to be more?

I think what Mr. Finebaum is so excited about is this: With Don Imus, we have finally learned that there is a limit with what you can say on talk radio. Can you imagine that! What a shock to SHOCK radio. That there is a limit to what the public is willing to have broadcast on the PUBLIC OWNED airwaves. Imagine the absolute outrage at the PFRN, Jim Rome’s studios, and The Howard Stern Show! How dare the public rein us in!

This IS really funny. Think about it folks. The man that is Paul Finebaum finally having to realize that there is actually a limit, a boundary with human decency. That human beings DO in fact matter more than a shock jock's ratings. Praise God and Hallelujah! Did you ever think the day would come?

Now, sleaze-meisters like Finebaum, Rome, and Stern have come to realize that there is actually a limit on the amount of filth, libel, and slander the American public is willing to take. I am not just talking about turning off just your own radio either. We all have done that. But, if enough of the radio consumers turn off the radio, switch the channel, or write letters to advertisers guess what? Radio personalities lose their jobs and careers!

You know, some overblown windbags out there will say that this "will have a chilling effect on free speech in America…" Bovine Excrement! Maybe for the first time in history the talk radio schlock-meisters have finally gotten a taste of having to listen to the PUBLIC'S free speech. They will have to listen to US now. Free speech is always the best choice, I think the true thing we are hearing from the likes of Finebaum is that now he, and talk radio as an industry, understands that free speech isn’t just for him, or them. It also includes us, the American listening public. That has to be a very scary thing for a radio show that proudly boasts as being the place where “most football coaches are fired…” Could Finebaum be the next Imus? Could he, Paul Finebaum, be the next one fired instead of a football coach? Could Finebaum the man take the grilling he dished out to Shula, Fran, Dubose, Bowden, and others?

In a recent near miracle Finebaum somehow had the good fortune to replace a show in Birmingham that was pounding him in the ratings. Imagine Finebaum's sphincteral contractions as he reads about Imus and realizes that just after he gets the save of a lifetime in replacing a show beating him into the ground that the listening public learns that talk radio jocks like himself, some even much, much, bigger than he will ever be, can lose their careers in the blink of an eye, or the slip of the tongue.

Now you can understand why I think he wrote that article. It has to be very sobering to understand that the rules have suddenly changed in your career of choice. It also has to be very unsettling that one slip of the tongue, one slip-up, can now cost you your livelihood. That's right Paulie, one bad mistake on the radio is now the same as one bad call on the field to all those men you ridiculed over the years. Do you need something to help wash down that plate of crow you feel you are about to be served?

Hey, remember above when I said that free speech was always the best thing? Maybe Finebaum and others should just embrace that and move on. Maybe it will raise the number of callers. Maybe it will raise the level of debate. Maybe it will make you a better host. Or maybe you are just afraid that real free speech will show your real abilities, or lack of them. Hhhhhhmmmm?

Umm David, from what I gathered in that article of Paul's was not that he was defending Imus. He was complaining, and I agree, about the response that the Rutgers' girls were receiving. As if they were a victims and were really hurt by the comments by Imus. I agree with him that they are going all over the news pretending like they were greatly affected by the comments, when they probably didn't even here about the comments. They are doing it for publicity and publicity only. They really don't give a crap what he said on his radio show. He even says that Imus should leave in his article.

It just appears that your article, David, makes it sound like Paul is trying to defend Imus when I don't think it is. It is about the system of what these girls are trying to make an issue out of; not about Imus being fired.

"Umm David, from what I gathered in that article of Paul's was not that he was defending Imus. He was complaining, and I agree, about the response that the Rutgers' girls were receiving. As if they were a victims and were really hurt by the comments by Imus. I agree with him that they are going all over the news pretending like they were greatly affected by the comments, when they probably didn't even here about the comments. They are doing it for publicity and publicity only. They really don't give a crap what he said on his radio show. He even says that Imus should leave in his article.

It just appears that your article, David, makes it sound like Paul is trying to defend Imus when I don't think it is. It is about the system of what these girls are trying to make an issue out of; not about Imus being fired."

I thought that was obvious, but I forgot where I was at! :moon:

"Umm David, from what I gathered in that article of Paul's was not that he was defending Imus. He was complaining, and I agree, about the response that the Rutgers' girls were receiving. As if they were a victims and were really hurt by the comments by Imus. I agree with him that they are going all over the news pretending like they were greatly affected by the comments, when they probably didn't even here about the comments. They are doing it for publicity and publicity only. They really don't give a crap what he said on his radio show. He even says that Imus should leave in his article.

It just appears that your article, David, makes it sound like Paul is trying to defend Imus when I don't think it is. It is about the system of what these girls are trying to make an issue out of; not about Imus being fired."

that's all you've got, kid. You are slipping even for you. :lsu: >>> :puke::ua:

I guess I'm not sure how to take your comment. Perhaps I misread David's column, but it seemed like David was bashing Finebaum for defending Imus, when Paul's article had nothing to do with it. I could be wrong somewhere though.

I guess I'm not sure how to take your comment. Perhaps I misread David's column, but it seemed like David was bashing Finebaum for defending Imus, when Paul's article had nothing to do with it. I could be wrong somewhere though.

PF is bringing news to something that should just be left alone and let die out. don't get me wrong, imus shouldn't have said it....who is imus again? my point exactly. a no-name dee-de-dee that made a stupid remark. he apologized, he has been fired. that should be the end of it. how much longer are we going to have to hear about it?

Umm David, from what I gathered in that article of Paul's was not that he was defending Imus. He was complaining, and I agree, about the response that the Rutgers' girls were receiving. As if they were a victims and were really hurt by the comments by Imus. I agree with him that they are going all over the news pretending like they were greatly affected by the comments, when they probably didn't even here about the comments. They are doing it for publicity and publicity only. They really don't give a crap what he said on his radio show. He even says that Imus should leave in his article.

It just appears that your article, David, makes it sound like Paul is trying to defend Imus when I don't think it is. It is about the system of what these girls are trying to make an issue out of; not about Imus being fired.

Pchamp, I will type slower for you then... Look, What I hi-lited above, the remark about the Rutgers team going all over the media, blah blah blah, Does that not remind you of something else, like maybe the feigned injury or anger, or whatever that all these schlock-meisters broadcast ad nauseum day after day? If the Bama football team has sucked the last 5 years, why should PF give a damn? He didnt grow up in Alabama. He didnt attend nor graduate from Alabama. He really has no real ties to Alabama at all, not even the normal dirt road ties. Why should we listen to a man that runs from show to show, plus broadcasts 20 hours a week, etc. complaining about something that he has no real connection to? Did PF coach in the SEC somewhere and I miss it? Did he play at :ut: while there? I guess what I am saying here is that many on this board are just as experienced and have just as much gravitas as one PF and yet we can discuss everything here and manage to not crap all over the players amd the coaches' wives either. As for PF's opinion, everyday it matters a little less to me and many more. Finebaum machs nicht!

Back to your point. At least the Rutgers team were actually intellectually injured. They have validity to their points and opinions. Anyone could be Finebaum. He isnt really that good at what he does either. Hell Winches beating his a$$ proved that. When it comes to Auburn he is dreadfully uninformed. I cant say as much about Bama.

My point was that why did Finebaum even bring this up? If he really hasnt got a dog in Alabama, he really hasnt got a dog over in NJ either. Really this should blow over soon. But this is just my response to Finebaum's SSDD crap spin on a topic that he really should have no reason to comment on. He is sticking his nose in something he should have just left alone. I just said so. The real reason that PF wrote this article was two fold: 1) stir up more crap which is his 24/7/365 day a year job. 2) He was covering his own butt. He now realizes that he too could be one slip up away from being off the air.

How many times has PF literally ripped some 17 year old kid to shreds for no other reason than ratings? He rips college coaches and players to death, then brags about it. Crucified one poor woman like the coward he is for nothing more than having more hair then he has now. Hell I got a gold fish with more hair than PF.

Cant wait to see the shoe on the other foot. He ripped Mike Price a new a$$ just to later find out that he was 100% wrong. He made comment after comment on Logan Young et al that he later retracted after Tommy Gallion shafted him with interogatories. Anyone that is close enough to this can see that PF is an invertebrate. He will say or do anything to get his ratings up, manhood and decency be damned.

Guess what I am saying here PChamp is that with schlock-meisters like PF it literally has nothing to do with the topic. It is just about having someone or something to slam, cut, mangle, or crap on etc.

I for one am very happy that the shock radio industry finally saw one of their own took down over basically nothing. Maybe PF et al will remember that the next time he slams a coach, a kid, or a coach's wife, although I doubt it. I doubt PF is man enough to learn from his or others' mistakes. God knows he aint got the balls to grow any hair.

It's called Bryce, Mr. preposition ender...

It's called Bryce, Mr. preposition ender...

Proof he is a Bama grad.... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Pchamp, let me be even more clear here. From the PF article:

So, please, someone, anyone, wake me up when all the self-righteous duplicity dies down so I can turn my television back on.

Let's get past the obvious about Imus' comments being insensitive. Duh! But were they really worthy of what followed?

Was it necessary for activists, politicians, corporate executives and nearly anyone who could grab face-time on the news to conduct the high-tech lynching of Imus that has occurred?

Is it necessary for talk radio to give us a hightech lynching for hours upon hours every week? I personally think PF didnt want to write this article. I think he realizes that this is "JUST DESSERTS" for the talk radio crowd. The high lynching is their stock in trade. It is the tool PF brags about on the air. It is the Holy Grail of talk radio, the high tech lynching. Well, it just does my heart good to finally see the entire shcok radio genre shaking in their boots about all this now. Pretty cool actually.

BTW, I am having a good day listening to the Liberal news.

Archived