Put a fork in Thompson?

TexasTiger

Or, at least his own foot in his mouth...

Republican presidential hopeful Thompson: Money-making part of Jewish tradition

By Shmuel Rosner, Haaretz Correspondent

WASHINGTON - Former Wisconsin governor and Republican presidential hopeful Tommy Thompson told Jewish activists Monday that making money is "part of the Jewish tradition," and something that he applauded.

Speaking to an audience at the Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism in Washington D.C., Thompson said that, "I'm in the private sector and for the first time in my life I'm earning money. You know that's sort of part of the Jewish tradition and I do not find anything wrong with that."

Thompson later apologized for the comments that had caused a stir in the audience, saying that he had meant it as a compliment, and had only wanted to highlight the "accomplishments" of the Jewish religion.

"I just want to clarify something because I didn't [by] any means want to infer or imply anything about Jews and finances and things," he said.

"What I was referring to, ladies and gentlemen, is the accomplishments of the Jewish religion. You've been outstanding business people and I compliment you for that."

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/849062.html

I hardly think that constitutes a fork. Not to mention he is absolutely correct.

If he jumps in the race, I hardly think the jewish vote will hold him back.

I find all this wishful thinking by those on the Left a bit funny, but mostly sad.

More than anthing, it shows how scared they are of losing, and how insecure they feel about their own leaders, their agenda and so forth. It's actually quite telling.

I find all this wishful thinking by those on the Left a bit funny, but mostly sad.

More than anthing, it shows how scared they are of losing, and how insecure they feel about their own leaders, their agenda and so forth. It's actually quite telling.

Actually the only two Republican candidates that concern me at all are Mike Huckabee and Fred Thompson, in that order. The second isn't actually a candidate yet, and most Republicans don't realize the first one is a candidate. Give us Rudy!! Or Mitt!!! Or McCain!! Pleeeeeeeaaaaaasssseee!!!

I actually like Fred Thompson. He's the only Pub I would consider voting for, and that's only if he were matched up against Barack Obama.

Huckabee is lower than whale dung on the ocean floor. Want a repeat of Shrub's presidency? Elect Mike Huckabee.

I actually like Fred Thompson. He's the only Pub I would consider voting for, and that's only if he were matched up against Barack Obama.

Huckabee is lower than whale dung on the ocean floor. Want a repeat of Shrub's presidency? Elect Mike Huckabee.

What do you base your comments about Huckabee on?

What's the debate?

It's not like a Republican is going to win in 2008 anyway.

Mark this down and put it in the archives. I want this pulled the day after election day in Nov, 08.

What's the debate?

Mark this down and put it in the archives. I want this pulled the day after election day in Nov, 08.

I'll file it right next to the folder entitled "Arse whooping 2006."

What's the debate?

I'll file it right next to the folder entitled "Arse whooping 2006."

'Arse whooping' ? :roflol: !!

The '06 elections were one of the smallest turnovers during a midterm election in recent history. The more recent 'arse whooping' of a similar nature was the '94 GOP Revolution. The '06 was a minor shift in power.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Yet another reason to dismiss your rantings.

Yet another reason for me not to care about your opinion.

Says a UAT fan that hangs out in on an Auburn Board... :poke:

Says a UAT fan that hangs out in on an Auburn Board... :poke:

tongueincheekmd3.jpg

OK. who said it? Tommy Thompson or Fred Thompson

Or, at least his own foot in his mouth...

Republican presidential hopeful Thompson: Money-making part of Jewish tradition

By Shmuel Rosner, Haaretz Correspondent

WASHINGTON - Former Wisconsin governor and Republican presidential hopeful Tommy Thompson told Jewish activists Monday that making money is "part of the Jewish tradition," and something that he applauded.

Speaking to an audience at the Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism in Washington D.C., Thompson said that, "I'm in the private sector and for the first time in my life I'm earning money. You know that's sort of part of the Jewish tradition and I do not find anything wrong with that."

Thompson later apologized for the comments that had caused a stir in the audience, saying that he had meant it as a compliment, and had only wanted to highlight the "accomplishments" of the Jewish religion.

"I just want to clarify something because I didn't [by] any means want to infer or imply anything about Jews and finances and things," he said.

"What I was referring to, ladies and gentlemen, is the accomplishments of the Jewish religion. You've been outstanding business people and I compliment you for that."

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/849062.html

Archived