Hillary slips in "home" state

TexasTiger

Hillary may have already hit her high water mark.

Clinton was viewed favorably by 50 percent of voters and unfavorably by 42 percent. Last month her favorability rating was 56-37 percent. Senator Barack Obama’s favorability rating is 55-23 percent. And Senator John Edwards has a 52-29 percent favorability rating.

“Hillary’s favorability rating is the lowest it’s been in more than two years of the Siena New York poll,” Greenberg said. “The fall in her rating has been dramatic since January, when she had a 60-33 favorability rating. Just as dramatic is the tightening of both the primary and general election match-ups. Hillary led Obama by 47 points in January and 32 points last month, now her lead is 22 points.

“In a race against Rudy Giuliani, Hillary’s 12 point lead from last month has tightened to a five point lead. And while Rudy was beating Obama by three points last month, today Obama has a four point lead over Giuliani, virtually the same as Hillary’s,” Greenberg said.

http://www.siena.edu/sri/results/2007/07_Apr_NYPoll.htm

Well, Hillary will fade, chiefly because nobody between Manhattan and LA trust her.

Obama's candidacy, in my humble opinion, is based entirely on the "Anybody but Hillary" sentiment running through the party, and he'll fade too. I think America's ready for a black president, but not this one.

Believe it or not, the Democrats have a serious chance of losing the 2008 election, despite following one of the most incompetent administrations in the 20th Century.

Well, Hillary will fade, chiefly because nobody between Manhattan and LA trust her.

Obama's candidacy, in my humble opinion, is based entirely on the "Anybody but Hillary" sentiment running through the party, and he'll fade too. I think America's ready for a black president, but not this one.

Believe it or not, the Democrats have a serious chance of losing the 2008 election, despite following one of the most incompetent administrations in the 20th Century.

I think your wrong about Obama's appeal. He's not drawing record crowds just because he's not Hillary. At least for now, folks are excited about him.

I think your wrong about Obama's appeal. He's not drawing record crowds just because he's not Hillary. At least for now, folks are excited about him.

Don't get me wrong. I think that he's impressive and, in several years, he'll be formidable. But I think putting up a guy with a scant two years in the Senate as the savior of the Democratic party is asking a bit much.

Obama's appeal is chiefly because he's the Anti-Hillary. Where she's cold and sterile, he's warm and embracing. Where she seems unable to answer a question without going through a focus group, he seems genuine (Even though I personally disagree with his policies on about everything). He's fresh and different which, considering we've been dealing with the Bushes and the Clintons for almost twenty years, means something.

Right now, I think the guy is getting a free pass, partly because we're dying to see some actual competition and partly because the press likes the idea of a black politician who refuses to use the tired race baiting tactics of previous candidates. He's a great human interest story, but that doesn't mean he'll make a good president. Yet.

Archived