So, do you want to die?

TexasTiger

Rudy Guiliani-- fearmonging demagogue--- sure he believes in taxpayer funded abortion and gay rights, but lest anyone doubt his Republican bonifides, he has mastered the "vote for me or die" approach.

Good thing he doesn't have a chance in hell.

MANCHESTER, N.H. - - Rudy Giuliani said if a Democrat is elected president in 2008, America will be at risk for another terrorist attack on the scale of Sept. 11, 2001.

But if a Republican is elected, he said, especially if it is him, terrorist attacks can be anticipated and stopped.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0407/3684.html

Hey, Puff Daddy did it. Remember his "Vote (for John Kerry) or Die" campaign?

Now B65, you know when they do it it's all OK. Besides, republicans are all kitten hating nazi's so they deserve whatever they get.

Don't forget John ' Silky Pony ' Edward's claim that a vote for him and Kerry will save Christopher Reeve's life, and let those in wheel chairs walk again.

No pandering there either, huh?

What Giuliani actually said:

"We're going to win that war (the War on Terror) whether there's a Republican president or a Democratic president or any other president. The question is going to be: How long does it take and how many losses will we have along the way? And I truly believe that if we go back on defense for a period of time, we're going to ultimately have more losses and it's going to go on much longer."

"If one of them (a Democrat) gets elected, it sounds to me like we're going on the defense. We've got a timetable for withdrawal from Iraq. We're going to wave the white flag there. We're going to try to cut back on the Patriot Act. We're going to cut back on electronic surveillance. We're going to cut back on interrogation. We're going to cut back, cut back, cut back, and we'll be back in our pre-September 11 mentality of being on defense."

What is sounds like he said was the country would remain on the offensive under Republican leadership, and the country would take on a more defensive posture should a democrat be elected. Not exactly a stunning revelation there. Democrats have admitted as much.

I do agree with his assessment here.

“The Democrats do not understand the full nature and scope of the terrorist war against us.”

I also forgot to add that I fully agree w/ Giuliani and his remarks. There's no demagoguery going on here, not in the least. He's simply stating fact.

Archived