Paul Finebaum is an idiot

AU alum

as far as how AU fans perceive CTT, i couldn't really comment on that and neither should he, since neither one are really AU fans.

as far as the game being huge for us, i can comment on that. AU really has nothing to lose here. we've gotten spanked 5 in a row. if we win will i be thrilled and strut a little? you're darn skippy i will. but getting cocky about winning once in 6 years is nothing to be overly proud of, imho. if we win 2 or 3 in a row, then sure. but this game will be huge to us, especially if we come away with a win. it wouldn't be a statement that we've taken back the state, but it would hopefully be a statement that things are getting better.

It would be pretty bad for Saban and Alabama to come into Jordan-Hare, in his first year, and beat you with this likely mediocre team. You can't deny that.

A Tide loss? There's been 5 of them in the past 5 years.

I don't disagree that the game probably will be bigger to Alabama,but I do disagree with some of his statements.

Such as:

"Tuberville, who lately has come off as the Rodney Dangerfield of state coaches."

No comment necessary.

"So how big would an Alabama victory be this November in Auburn?

In one afternoon, it would cement Saban's status (not that it really needs much nurturing) and deliver a piercing and shattering blow to Tuberville and his fan base."

Piercing and shattering? Give me a break!

"The relationship between the Auburn Nation and Tuberville is more problematic. The fans are appreciative of his accomplishments, but there is still a detachment often difficult to get a handle on. He underachieved so dramatically in 2001, 2002 and 2003 that he lost a lot of support from old-line Auburn people."

I hate to tell you Paul, his relationship is just fine with old-line Auburn people.

"Fans had no choice but to embrace Tuberville in 2004 as the Tigers ran the table,"

No choice? Come on, Paul.

"Fans had no choice but to embrace Tuberville in 2004 as the Tigers ran the table,"

For someone who likes to spout off history to folks he sure doesn't remember much. We had a choice and as I reccall embraced CTT before the 2004 season by firing the people attempting to go on black ops.

:au: Pinescum writes this @#$$ to get people to talk and listen to his show; which I don't. Next week he'll write something that is completely opposite. Who gives a @$$$. :au:

It would be pretty bad for Saban and Alabama to come into Jordan-Hare, in his first year, and beat you with this likely mediocre team. You can't deny that.

So are you trying to say that the Iron Bowl is a no win situation for us? If so, it's the craziest thing I've ever read on here. All this talk about CTT's streak not being over a REAL Alabama team is laughable and shows just how desperate you guys are for a win.

"The relationship between the Auburn Nation and Tuberville is more problematic. The fans are appreciative of his accomplishments, but there is still a detachment often difficult to get a handle on. He underachieved so dramatically in 2001, 2002 and 2003 that he lost a lot of support from old-line Auburn people."

Didn't you guys know? If you're not lining up to smell the man's farts like the bammers are doing with Saban it means we have a detachment with our coach and we don't support him.

:rolleyes:

I'm about this close to instituting a ban on all Finebaum talk. I'm tired of giving that assclown exactly what he wants by having threads about him on here: people getting all worked up over something he says. It's his constant M.O. and people just lap it up every time. It makes me ill that this site's bandwidth would help contribute one nickel to his wallet by propagating his crap across the internet.

So are you trying to say that the Iron Bowl is a no win situation for us? If so, it's the craziest thing I've ever read on here. All this talk about CTT's streak not being over a REAL Alabama team is laughable and shows just how desperate you guys are for a win.

Not at all. Winning the Iron Bowl is always huge to the winner. This would remain true if the loser happened to be a Pop Warner team playing in Auburn or Alabama's jerseys. Regardless of the quality of the losing team, it's a big, big victory.

What I am saying, though, is that a loss hurts you more than us. After 2007, I think that changes completely. That's just my opinion.

Finebaum is pulling out all the stops to try and get just a few AU fans to call in. AU fans for the most part could care less what the asshat has to say.

Only adds fuel to the fire. Cannot wait til this year's Iron Bowl! Cannot wait to make it six in a row---to do it in Jordan Hare---and to hear the student section come up with something good for Saban (keep it clean kiddos).

War Eagle!

(By the way...my prediction for this year: 9-3...our road schedule is brutal.)

I swear, SWEAR, the radio show on the 4th, the Monday following the article was the exact opposite of the article. It was all about how if CTT lost the game in 2007 that it would signal the end of the Tigers. That losing in 2007 would mean nothing to Saban and bama because they were rebuilding.

Funny, he writes and article and then does a show that takes exactly the opposite tack.

Finebaum knows his show is one sided. Who wouldn't. You can't have 12 callers in a row say rolltide and not a war eagle in weeks.

Sorry. Its a bastion of bahmmers and Finebaum does what he can to try to prompt Auburn fans to call in. Sometimes he just riles up the bammers with some pro AU talk and hopes to get a few AU callers but in the end the show is pretty pointless.

I try to listen but half the time its like listening to people trying sefl assure themselves that the 4.5 mill a year they spent was a good investment that will not bite them in the butt. The inferiority complex just oooozes off the callers.

I am just so sports talk starved that ill even listen to John and Barry in the morning even though John is just being a jerk lately. Its getting old though.

Finebaum knows his show is one sided. Who wouldn't. You can't have 12 callers in a row say rolltide and not a war eagle in weeks.

Sorry. Its a bastion of bahmmers and Finebaum does what he can to try to prompt Auburn fans to call in. Sometimes he just riles up the bammers with some pro AU talk and hopes to get a few AU callers but in the end the show is pretty pointless.

I try to listen but half the time its like listening to people trying sefl assure themselves that the 4.5 mill a year they spent was a good investment that will not bite them in the butt. The inferiority complex just oooozes off the callers.

I am just so sports talk starved that ill even listen to John and Barry in the morning even though John is just being a jerk lately. Its getting old though.

Yeah, but at least there's Barry to make some sense. Yesterday, John even admitted to thinking SPUAT would go 6-7 this year. That's something.

Not at all. Winning the Iron Bowl is always huge to the winner. This would remain true if the loser happened to be a Pop Warner team playing in Auburn or Alabama's jerseys. Regardless of the quality of the losing team, it's a big, big victory.

What I am saying, though, is that a loss hurts you more than us. After 2007, I think that changes completely. That's just my opinion.

Gotcha.

As asinine as Paul Finebaum is, he encompasses the very mindset of Alabama fans. They think that one win over Auburn, no matter what the circumstances are, redirects the way of SEC football - Bama defeating Auburn is the "way it should be." Yes, the Iron Bowl is much bigger to Bama than Auburn, especially right now. For Bama, a win over Auburn is enough to make a season; Auburn has been playing for much more. We want to maintain national respect, whereas Bama wants to regain it.

As asinine as Paul Finebaum is, he encompasses the very mindset of Alabama fans. They think that one win over Auburn, no matter what the circumstances are, redirects the way of SEC football - Bama defeating Auburn is the "way it should be." Yes, the Iron Bowl is much bigger to Bama than Auburn, especially right now. For Bama, a win over Auburn is enough to make a season; Auburn has been playing for much more. We want to maintain national respect, whereas Bama wants to regain it.

But, but...they've already gained it back. Haven't you heard? There were 92K at a spring scrimmage.

I listened to my obligatory 5 minutes per week of PF yesterday and the little bit I heard was some guy talking trash about Auburn and Saban this and saban that. His call being followed up with Finedong saying, "Boy, Bama people are bringing the smack as if 5 in a row never happened. Auburn people are acting like they don't care. I haven't heard one Auburn caller try to answer any of this smack."

Gee turdmuffin. Why do you think that is? My 5 minutes were up and I switched back over to ESPN radio.

But, but...they've already gained it back. Haven't you heard? There were 92K at a spring scrimmage.

I listened to my obligatory 5 minutes per week of PF yesterday and the little bit I heard was some guy talking trash about Auburn and Saban this and saban that. His call being followed up with Finedong saying, "Boy, Bama people are bringing the smack as if 5 in a row never happened. Auburn people are acting like they don't care. I haven't heard one Auburn caller try to answer any of this smack."

Gee turdmuffin. Why do you think that is? My 5 minutes were up and I switched back over to ESPN radio.

We answer smack on the field!

Of course Paul Finebaum is an idiot, and we Bama fans know this as well as you guys do. He is bored and only trying to stir things up in the off season.

I would like to state my feelings as a Bama fan about Auburn, the Iron bowl, and Coach Saban.

1.First of all Auburn is our rival and will always be our primary rival, and any fan saying that Tenn. is now our rival is just crazy.

2. The last five years has hurt like crazy, and to act like we don't care is just not the truth, and an insult to Auburn as the winner. Of course we care, and we want to stop the chain.

3. Logical Bama fans do not believe that Coach Tuberville or any other coach in the SEC is afraid of Coach Saban. We do feel that they think that Bama may be more competition now, and that they will have to prepare a little more than in the past. We just feel that maybe he makes us more competitive, and that we will enjoy games a little more, and not cringe every time we get to the red zone.

The only reason that Bama fans(myself included) are saying "hey we got Nick" everytime some one mentions the approaching season or the 5 losses to Auburn is because this is the only time we can truly talk smack........before the season starts, and it's been a long time since we could talk any smack...true or not.

As the fan of another school, you must realize that we Bama fans only want to enjoy the game again, and have pride in our team. If that means showing up for A game in big numbers, so be it. What was wrong with that? Should each person that showed up have thought before the game, "hey there might be too many of us going, and we'll be made fun of for having a large crowd, so maybe we should stay home". I really don't think that attendance record should have been critized. It was a beautiful day, and there were a lot of old players back, and several things going on in Tuscaloosa that week-end, and it just seemed like the thing to do. I honestly don't believe anyone was trying to break any kind of records.

Well, I just wanted to set the record straight, and to let Auburn fans know that we do realize what they have done the last 5 years, and it does bother us, and we truly want to win(we just don't know when).

See, you are what we call a rational bama fan.

All of that is very sensical and very representative of how auburn fans would feel in the same situation.

We make fun of the irrational bammers...the ones who kiss head coaches then go out and get a DUI. People who have no investment in a coach but are screaming and crying at the airport when he arrives. People who wear shirts out in public that say "I hate Aubs" and think thats at all supporting their team. The ones who buy houndstooth anything and name their kids after the stadium.

You are much like the Alabama fans I am actually friends with, not the crazy freaks I just can't understand.

Of course Paul Finebaum is an idiot, and we Bama fans know this as well as you guys do. He is bored and only trying to stir things up in the off season.

I would like to state my feelings as a Bama fan about Auburn, the Iron bowl, and Coach Saban.

1.First of all Auburn is our rival and will always be our primary rival, and any fan saying that Tenn. is now our rival is just crazy.

2. The last five years has hurt like crazy, and to act like we don't care is just not the truth, and an insult to Auburn as the winner. Of course we care, and we want to stop the chain.

3. Logical Bama fans do not believe that Coach Tuberville or any other coach in the SEC is afraid of Coach Saban. We do feel that they think that Bama may be more competition now, and that they will have to prepare a little more than in the past. We just feel that maybe he makes us more competitive, and that we will enjoy games a little more, and not cringe every time we get to the red zone.

The only reason that Bama fans(myself included) are saying "hey we got Nick" everytime some one mentions the approaching season or the 5 losses to Auburn is because this is the only time we can truly talk smack........before the season starts, and it's been a long time since we could talk any smack...true or not.

As the fan of another school, you must realize that we Bama fans only want to enjoy the game again, and have pride in our team. If that means showing up for A game in big numbers, so be it. What was wrong with that? Should each person that showed up have thought before the game, "hey there might be too many of us going, and we'll be made fun of for having a large crowd, so maybe we should stay home". I really don't think that attendance record should have been critized. It was a beautiful day, and there were a lot of old players back, and several things going on in Tuscaloosa that week-end, and it just seemed like the thing to do. I honestly don't believe anyone was trying to break any kind of records.

Well, I just wanted to set the record straight, and to let Auburn fans know that we do realize what they have done the last 5 years, and it does bother us, and we truly want to win(we just don't know when).

Lady, can you go teach BamaPerry some class or somethng...

See, you are what we call a rational bama fan.

All of that is very sensical and very representative of how auburn fans would feel in the same situation.

We make fun of the irrational bammers...the ones who kiss head coaches then go out and get a DUI. People who have no investment in a coach but are screaming and crying at the airport when he arrives. People who wear shirts out in public that say "I hate Aubs" and think thats at all supporting their team. The ones who buy houndstooth anything and name their kids after the stadium.

You are much like the Alabama fans I am actually friends with, not the crazy freaks I just can't understand.

I do none of the above.

There are more of us than you think, thankfully. The minority just happens to be much more vocal.

Archived