TSN prediction: Tigers Vs Ohio State in Outback Bowl

An Auburn Fan

The Sporting News college football preview magazine has selected the Auburn football team to finish second in the Southeastern Conference's Western Division and 16th nationally in 2007 after finishing 9-3 overall.

TSN also selected the Tigers to play in the Outback Bowl on Jan. 1 in Tampa, Fla., against Ohio State from the Big Ten Conference. The magazine predicts the Buckeyes to finish the season 17th nationally and post a 9-3 record prior to the bowl game.

The Sporting News selected defensive end Quentin Groves to its All-Conference first team. Groves, a senior from Greenville, Miss., was also named as the nation's sixth-best defensive end. Meanwhile, senior defensive tackle King Dunlap, junior running back Brad Lester, senior nose guard Josh Thompson and sophomore safety Aairon Savage were named to the second team. Savage, who hails from Albany, Ga., placed fifth nationally among free safeties.

In its unit rankings of the SEC, TSN rated the Auburn coaching staff as the best in the conference, while the team's defensive line and defensive backs were both rated second.

The preview magazine also selects the top 10 "gotta-see games" of the 2007 SEC season. The Tigers will play in three games TSN deemed "gotta-see." Those games are Sept. 29 at Florida, Oct. 20 at LSU and Nov. 24 against Alabama at Pat Dye Field at Jordan-Hare Stadium.

Link

Comments????

War Eagle!! :au::cheer:

I think that's a fair assessment. However, I think Auburn could either go 8-4 in regular season or run the table (really unlikely, but Arkansas, Florida, and LSU could be more wobbly than anybody gives them credit at this point).

TSN should know that the Outback Bowl takes a Eastern division team in their bowl game. There hasn't been a Western division team in that bowl since Bammer in 97'.

There was alot of speculation around last year over whether or not Auburn would go to the Outback or the Cotton. I think they can take whoever they want, it just works out better for them when its an East team. Wouldn't mind playing in the Outback with a 9-3 record but I think we may be better than that.

Ryan

Ahh yes, nothing like wild, incredibly early speculation.

Don't get me wrong, I like to know what people think of our team, but it seems like it gets more and more detailed every year. It used to be just preseason rankings. Now they're predicting yardage, sacks, and what the weather's gonna be.

Archived