Big House getting bigger

BZ770

UM's Big House getting bigger

Posted: Saturday June 23, 2007 09:54AM ET

The Big House is getting bigger. The University of Michigan Board of Regents voted Thursday to accept bids on a $226-million renovation of Michigan Stadium that will add about 500 seats, primarily in luxury boxes and wheelchair-accessible areas. When work is completed in 2010, capacity will increase from 107,501 to more than 108,000.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/7719/

At which point do you actually expect to get a return on your investment for adding 500 seats at the cost of 226 million. That is 452000 dollars a seat.

UM's Big House getting bigger

Posted: Saturday June 23, 2007 09:54AM ET

The Big House is getting bigger. The University of Michigan Board of Regents voted Thursday to accept bids on a $226-million renovation of Michigan Stadium that will add about 500 seats, primarily in luxury boxes and wheelchair-accessible areas. When work is completed in 2010, capacity will increase from 107,501 to more than 108,000.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/7719/

At which point do you actually expect to get a return on your investment for adding 500 seats at the cost of 226 million. That is 452000 dollars a seat.

Until they figure out how to install seat warmers into every seat, I could care less. Why do people live places that are that cold? You'd think when the settlers arrived, they would have posted signs that said, "I froze my butt off here. Head towards ocean in the south where the women are beautiful and nice."

I'd much rather watch a game with real football weather (cold) then go to a football game in late october when it is 90+ degrees.

It also mentioned some of that capacity is in luxury boxes... I am willing to bet those command some big bucks.

I heard Sbarros Pizza, 2 Chinese joints, and a Buffalo Wing place have first dibs on the sure to be soon added Food Court.

:blink::P

Maybe we could get gattified one last time, if Mr gattis were raised from the dead. Man do I miss that place.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Mr. Gatti is alive and well and living under the witness protection program. He's now known as Ci-Ci.

I heard Sbarros Pizza, 2 Chinese joints, and a Buffalo Wing place have first dibs on the sure to be soon added Food Court.

:blink::P

Maybe we could get gattified one last time, if Mr gattis were raised from the dead. Man do I miss that place.

I'm with you! I miss Mr. Gattis!! I loved that place!

Archived