All SEC selection a joke

BamaGrad03

Chris Nickson gets 3rd team All SEC QB ahead of JPW and Brandon Cox.

I'm sorry, but I'm sick and tired of Vandy players getting selected ahead of others just because they play on a (@&!(y team.

I saw Nickson play a few times last year. Once first hand. He can't throw worth a lick. The guy is vastly overrated. And looking at the numbers, they don't lie either.

Compared to BC and JPW his numbers are bad.

He has the worst TD/INT ratio of the three:

JPW 17 TDs 10 INTs

BC 14 TDs 9 INTs

Nickson 15TDs 13INTs

He has the fewest completion yards of the three:

JPW - 2707

BC - 2198

Nickson - 2085

He has the worst completion percentage of the three:

BC - 60.1

JPW - 57.7

Nickson - 54.8

I don't get it. The guy isn't good. He's average at best. Much of his yardage was due to Earl Bennet YAC.

http://www.secsports.com/index.php?url_cha...hange_well_id=2

No Sen-Derrick Marks or Aairon Savage? Weren't these guys freshman all americans last year? :blink:

Then you have last years first team TE, (Cole Bennett)he's no where to be found. I guess ankle surgery will drop you from 1st team to at the best 4th. :blink:

I agree with you on the QB spot BG. I don't understand everyones infatuation with Ainge either. I thought Woodson would be first team and BC & JPW would be second and third.

Tray Blackmon's selection to 3rd team shows that much of this is only conjecture and what the writer thinks they'll do. We all hope TB will turn out to be the LBOH most think he'll be. But, he's barely sniffed of half a season on the field yet. Until he's played a season and put up some real numbers, I can't see him making any ALL-Anything lists yet. No knock on him at all. I have no doubt he's gonna' be sick. But to be fair, we've only caught a glimpse of the guy in action.

I don't get it. The guy isn't good. He's average at best.

He isn't that bad.

Signed,

Georgia

Even in that game he only had 190 yards on 29 attempts. Two TDs and two picks.

Ben & Jerry's Green as a 1st team running back? Maybe I didn't follow this guy because Ole Miss isn't really an SEC team. But, I heard nothing about him last year. He's better than Felix Jones? Rafael Little?

I'm sorry, but I'm sick and tired of Vandy players getting selected ahead of others just because they play on a (@&!(y team.

I saw Nickson play a few times last year. Once first hand. He can't throw worth a lick. The guy is vastly overrated. And looking at the numbers, they don't lie either.

JPW 17 TDs 10 INTs

BC 14 TDs 9 INTs

Nickson 15TDs 13INTs

JPW - 2707

BC - 2198

Nickson - 2085

BC - 60.1

JPW - 57.7

Nickson - 54.8

I don't get it. The guy isn't good. He's average at best. Much of his yardage was due to Earl Bennet YAC.

i agree that cox or wilson should have made it...but with nickson you have to throw in his stuff on the ground.

694 yards rushing on 146 attempts; 57.8 ypg; 4.8 yards per carry; 9 touchdowns.

was the 9th best rusher in the sec last year and was 4th in total offense.

I do see your point. But I've always considered rushing yards when a QB is a passing threat. In Nickson's case, he ran because he couldn't throw.

He's a good athlete. And I'll give him that. But he won't play pro ball as a QB. And if we were playing pickup football, he wouldn't be picked at QB before JPW or BC.

Cox should be ahead of a quarterback that is 6-7 as a starter. Especially when Cox was hurt all last year and still had a higher QB rating. I'm excited about a healthy Cox taking the field. I just hope he stays that way...WDE

I am content w/ Nickson he is a threat you have to take seriously when you go up against him, I do feel that Ainge is garbage maybe even worse then Clausen was.

So you think Nickson is better than Cox?

JPW 17 TDs 10 INTs

BC 14 TDs 9 INTs

Nickson 15TDs 13INTs

JPW - 2707

BC - 2198

Nickson - 2085

BC - 60.1

JPW - 57.7

Nickson - 54.8

I have to agree with you Bg, Cox and Wilson are both better Qb's than Nickson. But as a first year starter Nickson was 4th in the sec in average yards per game with 231.6 per game he is better than average, I think he has a lot of talent and will only get better this year , he wont play qb in the pros because he is only 6'1, not because he is not talented

I do see your point. But I've always considered rushing yards when a QB is a passing threat. In Nickson's case, he ran because he couldn't throw.

He's a good athlete. And I'll give him that. But he won't play pro ball as a QB. And if we were playing pickup football, he wouldn't be picked at QB before JPW or BC.

However, it's fair to note, that Randy Campbell wasn't an NFL prospect either...but he could flat run the "bone".... :)

:au::homer:

Archived