InStateRecruits

DyeEraTiger

I'm admittedly disappointed that Finley chose UF over AU but I guess I can understand in a way. He may have felt more pressure by choosing AU because of his growing up in the area. Also, I believe his level of competition to see playing time may have factored in his equation.

Still, it's hard to swallow losing our in state guys to UF. Personally, I'd rather see them go to UA than UF anyday.

If Jones goes to UA, I will be disappointed but again--he may also be intimidated by the level of competition at AU. He should play early no matter where he goes.

Nowadays, success seems to hurt your chances with some of these guys becuase of many basing their decisions based on the level of comp that they'll face for p.t. I just don't understand that being such a big factor.

Quality of academics, facilities, tradition and girls--yes. As long as they are giving away free rides--why worry about the p.t. so early? It will come.

It would be great for us to sign both Jones and another 3 WR's in this class because I've got a feeling that with Caudle and Burns in the wings--we're going to be tossing it a lot more in years to come. Even with Engique and Tate --they'll be catching them too.

If AU doesn't get Finley or Jones or some of our other big in state targets--I still wish them luck but not success. I think some of them will regret leaving their home.

Out of sight and out of mind--for all of the old girlfriends too.

And I don't care how many stars you have by your name--when you go out of state--you're still an out of state freshman. Only the coaches know who you are. The cheerleaders won't care until you score your first TD.

Stay at home and at least you can maybe score some with the girls based on local name recognition if nothing else. :cheer::au::football:

I'm admittedly disappointed that Finley chose UF over AU but I guess I can understand in a way. He may have felt more pressure by choosing AU because of his growing up in the area. Also, I believe his level of competition to see playing time may have factored in his equation.

Thats definately not it. Finley would have an easier time seeing the field at Auburn than he would at Florida, who have signed SEVERAL (ie: more than us) big-name Safeties over the past few years, and they're still heavily in the mix for a few others including Will Hill.

Thats definately not it. Finley would have an easier time seeing the field at Auburn than he would at Florida, who have signed SEVERAL (ie: more than us) big-name Safeties over the past few years, and they're still heavily in the mix for a few others including Will Hill.

You are right my brother.

You can say what you want, including the fact that we are loaded and we have the amount of depth that makes breaking into the playing rotation difficult, but the fact remains that we are getting our tails kicked in-state right now! Moreovever, extensive depth and/or difficulty in starting has not seemed to bother recruits at other schools like Florida, UT, LSU, Notre Dame or Texas! Also, losing peeople from your own hometown is NEVER good despite what anyone may say! JMO

As far as the in state thing goes...I will say, it seems like the guys who have signed with Alabama grew up partial to Alabama. Love, Boswell, and Lewis all grew up pulling for UA.

The Finley thing makes no sense to me. Unless he just wanted to get away from home. I don't think that one is over either.

Another thing I think factors into these four and five star guys' decisions is the fact that CTT is VERY hesitant to play TRUE freshmen. I think guys like Blackmon, Hawthorne, ect. that we have signed over the last couple of years would not have redshirted at most other schools. The fact is that most of the five star players' egos won't let them take a redshirt. Most of them are looking to be in college for three years and leave early for the NFL (or at least that is their plan). They are looking for the coach who tells them they will see the field from day one. That is unlikely to happen at Auburn and I believe the coaches tell them that upfront.

Even this year, unless Ziemba and Burns just come in and are head and shoulders above the competition (which is unlikely) they will probably redshirt. Enrique Davis would have been a redshirt had he been eligible. About the only true freshmen who will see PT will be Byrum and McNeil simply because we have an immediate need at their positions.

Another thing I think factors into these four and five star guys' decisions is the fact that CTT is VERY hesitant to play TRUE freshmen. I think guys like Blackmon, Hawthorne, ect. that we have signed over the last couple of years would not have redshirted at most other schools. The fact is that most of the five star players' egos won't let them take a redshirt. Most of them are looking to be in college for three years and leave early for the NFL (or at least that is their plan). They are looking for the coach who tells them they will see the field from day one. That is unlikely to happen at Auburn and I believe the coaches tell them that upfront.

Even this year, unless Ziemba and Burns just come in and are head and shoulders above the competition (which is unlikely) they will probably redshirt. Enrique Davis would have been a redshirt had he been eligible. About the only true freshmen who will see PT will be Byrum and McNeil simply because we have an immediate need at their positions.

I agree with your points. I don't know if CTT is hesitant but it definitely seems that we don't play as many freshmen as other schools (i.e. UF). Despite their having the big name players as was pointed out above--I think our defense is just as deep.

I know these guys want to play now but I'm glad (or I hope) that the coaches are up front with them. If they will listen to good counsel--they will be much better off by going with an established program that isn't promising the world and not delivering.

I would rather do that and lose a few than for AU to get a bad reputation. I think the promising the moon deal of smoke and mirrors will only last so long. It's not a good long term investment.

I feel that CTT will give them the chance for pt but I don't believe he'll put them in before they are ready.

Regardless, let's get some more Alabama High School players in this class. There are a lot of very good ones left on the board and we can use the wr's early for sure.

Archived