Bama football this fall

TigerHeat

Guys,

I have noticed several strong points on the Bama 07 squad that match up poorly against what I think we'll field. We may have some trouble. Specifically:

1. Crapstone Receivers are MUCH better than our DB's. I look for us to get burned several times for BIG yardage. DI is gone, so we don't have a lock down CB.

2. Grant will be a HUGE improvement over Disco Darby. This kid runs staaaraight at you like he means bidness. That will definitely help with their passing game....especially when you take into account that Jimmy Johns will be lead blocking for him. The guy likes to hit people, and our undersized D will have problems with a fierce leadblocker running straight at them with the small, explosive tailback right behind.

3. Their kicking game is MUCH better than ours. If we get into a field position game we'll be in trouble.

4. Saban is an imaginative coach. He's no Riverboat Gambler, but he'll win close games that they couldn't win under CMS.

5. OC Applewhite will be head and shoulders above what Rader and crew generated last year.

Yeah but have you seen our front 7?

i'm praying that the optimism towards the O-Line shown by JPW and others on the team is warranted.

i haven't quite understood how the o-line is a strong point of bama's this year. They may turn out to be okay but unless they improved drastically over the offseason they won't be any better than average.

We'll be 12-2 this year, but will much improve in 08.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or delusion. Betting on a trip to Atlanta is probably a long shot to say the least. But, as long as :au: is one of the "2" I'll take it. :cheer:

Guys,

I have noticed several strong points on the Bama 07 squad that match up poorly against what I think we'll field. We may have some trouble. Specifically:

1. Crapstone Receivers are MUCH better than our DB's. I look for us to get burned several times for BIG yardage. DI is gone, so we don't have a lock down CB.

JUST WRONG...our DB's are going to be VERY good!

2. Grant will be a HUGE improvement over Disco Darby. This kid runs staaaraight at you like he means bidness. That will definitely help with their passing game....especially when you take into account that Jimmy Johns will be lead blocking for him. The guy likes to hit people, and our undersized D will have problems with a fierce leadblocker running straight at them with the small, explosive tailback right behind.

And Blackmon will sitting in the hole waiting for him!!!

3. Their kicking game is MUCH better than ours. If we get into a field position game we'll be in trouble.

Remains to be seen! Remember Bamar and Arky?

4. Saban is an imaginative coach. He's no Riverboat Gambler, but he'll win close games that they couldn't win under CMS.

He is 2-3 against Tubs at AU....

5. OC Applewhite will be head and shoulders above what Rader and crew generated last year.

AGAIN...remains to be seen. Their O looked good in the scrimmage, because their D is AWFUL....

:au::homer:

Now THAT'S funny right there...I don't care who you are!!!

Considering neither team has played a game yet, I think it might be juuuuust a bit early to worry about where we don't match up well with UAT. Who's to say we won't match up with them well at those positions come November 24?

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or delusion.

I would go with delusion. <_<

Our offensive line wasn't the problem last year, our right tackle was. He's now 4th string left tackle.

Are you sure?

Have you seen a Depth chart from bamaonline recently?

If one guy can brake the whole OL I hope you pray nightly about that LT position.

Our offensive line wasn't the problem last year, our right tackle was. He's now 4th string left tackle.

Are you sure?

If one guy can brake the whole OL I hope you pray nightly about that LT position.

Their Depth Chart is off. My comment was based on how practice has gone this week.

Are you sure?

Their Depth Chart is off. My comment was based on how practice has gone this week.

You hope. ;)

And I guess we all know by now there is no Depth Chart. :poke:

Considering neither team has played a game yet, I think it might be juuuuust a bit early to worry about where we don't match up well with UAT. Who's to say we won't match up with them well at those positions come November 24?

Sorry, I was just trolling for BamaPerry. I knew it would rear its ugly gob if I threw out even the smallest bait. This was just a health and wellness check on our buddy.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you sure?

I'll ask you again, have you seen the new depth chart?

Sorry, I was just trolling for BamaPerry. I knew it would rear its ugly gob if I threw out even the smallest bait. This was just a health and wellness check on our buddy.

HEY...stop using my patented :au::homer: !!! <_<

Are you sure?

I'll ask you again, have you seen the new depth chart?

Don't you know Saban personally jogged over to BG's house to get approval before releasing that depth chart? How dare you question BG.

Bama is one-two years from even getting above a 9 win season. The talent they field depth wise isn't near anything compared to the top tier teams. It's one thing to have a few talented players, it's another to have 2nd stringers that can come in and give those players a rest. Remember, it's a long season and players aren't immune to injury.

Firstly, your wrong about our DBs... they are extremely talented and have been documented so.

Second, have you listened to the comments about our defense this year?? More than just a couple of people have come out and said this may be the best defense in years. Fast, unpredictable, playmakers, and yes... alot more size on this D than previous years.

I'll give you the kicking situation only due to the fact we had an All-star cast last year. But your talking about a field position game as being a problem? That's pratically Tub's forte.

And of course Saban is going to pull out games that Shula couldn't. That coach looked like a freakin deer in headlights constantly.

OC Applewhite will be head and shoulders above what Rader and crew generated last year.

1. Shula called the offensive plays.

2. Does anybody know what Applewhite can do? Yea, the name is attractive... but I'll take the experience over the advertising.

Vatz, they could have said you were calling the plays and I'd say it was an improvement.

I agree, but I'm merely pointing out that nobody knows what Applewhite is capable of.

You're right. No one will know what Major can do in the SEC until Bama actually takes the field.

I think the offensive talent will make his job easy. But that doesn't mean he will be able to make a seamless transition to a league with TOUGH defenses.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or delusion.

I would go with delusion. <_<

You want delusional? The Auburn fan that called into the round table yesterday morning and actually called out USC and said Auburn will be 13-0.

I think the state of Alabama is going to be lucky to have a team with 9 wins.

Archived