Lloyd Carr Gone?

townhallsavoy

Lloyd Carr has proved time and time again that he is not a good football coach. He's the Mike Shula of the Big Ten - only he's lucked out because there's little competition on Michigan's schedule.

It's not like Michigan has been overrated in the talent department - don't be too biased, Michigan has some studs on their team. However, Michigan is often out-coached, underprepared, and lacking that "edge" that you need to win big football games. I think the entire fault of this embarrassment rests on the shoulders of Lloyd Carr. Who else has been there for the consecutive losses to Ohio St, the consecutive bowl game losses, and the numerous losses to teams they should have beaten? Michigan, the program with the most wins of all time, is now the team with most losses when ranked against Div I-AA opponents.

I think it's all Lloyd Carr's fault. Every bit of it. And if I sound a little upset, it's because I am upset. I'm upset that we have to annually put up with the hype, the high ranking, the excitement, and ultimately the disappointment of Michigan football. I want other teams to do well. Honestly. I want Michigan to field a great football team. Besides Alabama, I appreciate the competition level being high because it makes the season more interesting. However, the moronic analysis of AP and ESPN employees creates a fake sense of competition. The real competition is oppressed to playing on less watched channels, smaller venues, and in lower market games. If Michigan actually had a great program, I wouldn't have any problem at all with the hype. I'd be excited to see them do well. I'd be happy to play them in a bowl game. I'd be satisfied to watch them play in the Rose Bowl if they were to win the Big Ten. I'd even be OK with them competing for national champions, if they were truly that good. But they aren't. And it's been obvious to me for years that they aren't.

Therefore, I think Lloyd Carr should go. Because if I'm going to have to listen to College Gameday harp on the same teams each year, I want them to be that good. I want to expect the best of the best when I watch these teams compete. If my Auburn Tigers get the chance to play them in a bowl game, I want to be proud to defeat them. I don't want to think, "Oh well they're just as overrated as ever. Glad we won. Glad we got to play them."

By the end of this season, Lloyd Carr will announce his resignation. Write it down.

Les Miles is working on his resume as we speak.

so is nick saban

ha ha, good one. yes because we were the ones who barely won against an unranked team right in our backyard... you might want to pick the right week to say that buddy

Good win though, it was the most entertaining..

so is nick saban

$aben will have some competition for that job. Uran Meyer is probably interested as well.

I though Urban Meyer was interested in a job w/the pros.

ha ha, good one. yes because we were the ones who barely won against an unranked team right in our backyard... you might want to pick the right week to say that buddy

Let me re-phrase this for you...

ha ha, good one. yes because we were the ones that beat up on hapless Western Carolina and while you guys played an actual pretty good Kansas State team that beat Texas last year.... I might want to shut my bammer pie hole for comparing my little grape to your watermelon buddy....

We'll make our adjustments, and with the talent and depth, and conditioning required to turn that game around when it counted, it showed that we should be just fine in due time.

Even if UM beats Ohio State this year (which we all know OSU will be the "GREAT" team that ESPN pimps now) I think he's gone. This could be a long season for them.

It will be interesting watching Lloyd's lame duck season.

As far as who would be intersted in that job??...I'm sure there are many, but I wouldn't be surprised if UM went after a NFL coach. I think they would be out of their mind to hire Miles. I don't see him as a "step up" in coaching.

so is nick saban

Its hard to lose when you are playing Minor High School

so is nick saban

$aben will have some competition for that job. Uran Meyer is probably interested as well.

I though Urban Meyer was interested in a job w/the pros.

He may well be. I just know that CUM is a Midwestern guy with roots & all, and that he had an out in his Utah contract that would have allowed him to seek the HC job at either ND & UM. I don't know if he has the same setup with UF. Personnally, I think he's in a perfect position with UF to be successful there for a long time but you never know about those Midwestern guys. Maybe his big dream is to win the Rose Bowl or something.

and that he had an out in his Utah contract that would have allowed him to seek the HC job at either ND & UM.

Close. Meyer can go to Ohio St any time he wants.

If Michigan were to run the table and win their next 11 games by 20 points or more. After losing to Appalachian State, they STILL shouldn't be in the BCSC game.

And that is not a knock on Appalachian State!

If Michigan were to run the table and win their next 11 games by 20 points or more. After losing to Appalachian State, they STILL shouldn't be in the BCSC game.

And that is not a knock on Appalachian State!

Very much agreed. How embarrassing would it be for the D-1A champion to have lost to the D-1AA champion? ESPN might switch leagues.

ha ha, good one. yes because we were the ones that beat up on hapless Western Carolina and while you guys played an actual pretty good Kansas State team that beat Texas last year.... I might want to shut my bammer pie hole for comparing my little grape to your watermelon buddy....

We'll make our adjustments, and with the talent and depth, and conditioning required to turn that game around when it counted, it showed that we should be just fine in due time.

Hate to break that to you, but with the way Auburn played last night, they would have hard time beating St. Paul or any team for what's worth..

Hate to break that to you, but with the way Auburn played last night, they would have hard time beating St. Paul or any team for what's worth..

Hate to break it to you but KSU is a pretty damn good team.

Hate to break it to you but KSU is a pretty damn good team.

Hate to break it to the $aban $aint$ but, we would've kicked yalls teeth down your throat, even with the way we played last night....Again, yall played Gardendale High we played a STRONG D-I University that has a good shot of being at the top of their Conference, barring injuries......So, come back next Sunday and post how great yall are going to be with the famous bammer trudishun *Moral Victory* over Vanderbilt. With the way things have been going at Hoover, yall might not want to count yalls Chickens just yet, if the NCAA finds out more things about Chap. that would've made him ineligible for last Saturday's game... Now wouldn't that be a kick in the head. lol

Archived