Arkansas got a new AD today

FayettenamHog

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=3013435

Seems like a nice guy. He has no connections to Arkansas, which is probably a good thing. It seems like the best AD's in the country seem to be guys you've never heard of outside of your own fanbase for the most part, so hopefully this guy can clean up the mess in Fayetteville. He doesn't take over officially until Jan 1 and won't be in Fayetteville full-time until October.

Actual positive news from Arkansas...something that doesn't seem to happen very often these days.

Good for Arkansas. I hope this will be the first step in y'all getting rid of HDN. I hear Lloyd Carr may be looking for a job at season's end.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=3013435

Seems like a nice guy. He has no connections to Arkansas, which is probably a good thing. It seems like the best AD's in the country seem to be guys you've never heard of outside of your own fanbase for the most part, so hopefully this guy can clean up the mess in Fayetteville. He doesn't take over officially until Jan 1 and won't be in Fayetteville full-time until October.

Actual positive news from Arkansas...something that doesn't seem to happen very often these days.

So, I have a question. If Nutt does not win lets say 9 games, is he gone? Also who has connections to Arkansas that is in coaching right now?

So, I have a question. If Nutt does not win lets say 9 games, is he gone? Also who has connections to Arkansas that is in coaching right now?

I'm thinking Nutt will not be back regardless. This hire was basically made by the chancellor, who is not a fan of Nutt. I think he will either leave for another job or be fired. He's on borrowed time at this point. Even is he does make it to next year, we will be replacing a ton of talent, will be lucky to win 7 games and he will be fired for sure then. I really hope he is not here at this time next year. There is enough out there to get him out right now, but we'll see what the new guy's plan is after he is here full time.

Coaches with AR ties include your very own Tubby (who won't leave AU for AR), Butch Davis (would surprise me if he bailed on UNC after 1 year) and Jimmy Johnson (PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE) who isn't in coaching and is not coming off his boat to coach at AR. I'm not sure who we would go after, probably an "up-and-coming" non-BCS coach. Anything at this point is better than who is currently there.

I'm thinking Nutt will not be back regardless. This hire was basically made by the chancellor, who is not a fan of Nutt. I think he will either leave for another job or be fired. He's on borrowed time at this point. Even is he does make it to next year, we will be replacing a ton of talent, will be lucky to win 7 games and he will be fired for sure then. I really hope he is not here at this time next year. There is enough out there to get him out right now, but we'll see what the new guy's plan is after he is here full time.

Coaches with AR ties include your very own Tubby (who won't leave AU for AR), Butch Davis (would surprise me if he bailed on UNC after 1 year) and Jimmy Johnson (PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE) who isn't in coaching and is not coming off his boat to coach at AR. I'm not sure who we would go after, probably an "up-and-coming" non-BCS coach. Anything at this point is better than who is currently there.

Well for one, not an Auburn fan. Second, Jimmy Johnson has ties to Arkansas? I did not know that.

I can see Arkansas getting someone thats not in the BCS. Not really sure who though.

FNH, Any truth to the rumors that :arky: is looking at going to the Big Twelve?

None. While some Big 12 campuses are closer to Fayetteville than most of the SEC, there is no way our school would leave the SEC and all the money and prestige it provides.

And Jimmy Johnson was on the 1964 national championship team at Arkansas, along with his former Cowboy boss Jerry Jones.

FNH, Any truth to the rumors that :arky: is looking at going to the Big Twelve?

None. While some Big 12 campuses are closer to Fayetteville than most of the SEC, there is no way our school would leave the SEC and all the money and prestige it provides.

And Jimmy Johnson was on the 1964 national championship team at Arkansas, along with his former Cowboy boss Jerry Jones.

hmm, learn something new everyday.

Archived