Joe Gibbs Hired as Redskins Head Coach

TigerGlide

Joe Gibbs was re-hired as the Redskins Head Coach. I guess he thinks if Vermeil and Parcells can do it, so can he. I have no reason to doubt him.

LINK

Dan Snyder may have learned a lesson from Jerry Jones. :blink:

i hate to see that, as far as joe goes.

i firmly believe it'll be hard to win there as long as that owner is there...plus, joe's a racing guy now!

must be a deal for gobs of $$.

ct

You gotta think the incentives must've been HUGE to lure a guy like that back to coaching. Possible part ownership maybe....?????

It seems to me that Joe Gibbs is one of the lucky few that everything he touches turns to gold.

Ahh, not so fast my friends!!! People were doubting Vermeil's AND Parcells abilities to coach in the "new" NFL of free agency and salary caps. I think Gibbs will do fine. He was always a workaholic and I don't see him cow-towing to Snyder anymore than Parcells does with Jones. I always liked the 'Skins and I like this move. They're my NFC favorite for next year.

I agree with TA :o . Gibbs has a great work ethic and is a genius at anything he touches. He wins three Superbowls, then becomes a NASCAR owner and wins two championships there also! The man knows how to adjust. I think he will put Snyder in his place when needed.

Though I agree that Parcells and Vermeil succeeded....I think its only more reason that Gibbs may fail because not every old coach can come back and do what he did 10+ years ago.....

Though I agree that Parcells and Vermeil succeeded....I think its only more reason that Gibbs may fail because not every old coach can come back and do what he did 10+ years ago.....

Gibbs will succeed or work himself to death trying.

Archived