Wondering about FSU's towel and guards last Saturday?

InDNo

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:40wtR...;cd=8&gl=us

Suddenly, with Alabama having blasted off to a 3-0 start, the rest of the SEC has been forced to take notice of Nick Saban.

Paranoia is apparently running wild in Athens, Ga., this week, where Georgia coach Mark Richt has closed practice to the media - and everyone else - in preparation for the Bulldogs' game at Tuscaloosa Saturday night.

Richt had never done that in his seven seasons at Georgia, normally keeping the doors open for the first 25 minutes. But there is speculation among some conspiracy theorists that Richt is concerned about unwanted prying eyes following Bill Belichick's NFL SpyGate scandal. Saban, who was Belichick's defensive coordinator with the Cleveland Browns from 1991-94, found himself drawn into the controversy after a regurgitation of accusations that Saban attempted to steal the Patriots' signals last season when he was coaching the Miami Dolphins. The NFL found no evidence of any violations, but the seeds were planted.

"We were never accused of that, not that I'm aware of, and we never did it," Saban said at his weekly teleconference. "We didn't have a video camera or tapes. We never got anybody's signals. We had somebody watching their signals but we were never smart enough to do it."

Guess that's why ...

InDNo

"We were never accused of that, not that I'm aware of, and we never did it," Saban said at his weekly teleconference.

"When I was in college it was always about coming to the pros,'' Saban told reporters today. "This is the challenge I wanted. I had a good college job. Why would I have left that if I was going to be interested in other college jobs? I took this as a challenge. We certainly haven’t seen this through and gotten where we want to go and finished the job here, so why would I be interested in something else?" November 2006

"I guess I have to say it," Saban said. "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach. . . I don't control what people say," Saban said. "I don't control what people put on dot-com or anything else. So I'm just telling you there's no significance, in my opinion, about this, about me, about any interest that I have in anything other than being the coach here (Miami Dolphins)." December 21 2006

Saban Takes Alabama Coaching Job - January 3, 2007.

My favorite part of Saban's denial was to actually admit to cheating, "We had somebody watching their signals. . ."

Saban is as trustworthy as Bill Clinton at a cheerleading conference.

Note - bold face lies appear in bold face.

"We were never accused of that, not that I'm aware of, and we never did it," Saban said at his weekly teleconference.

"When I was in college it was always about coming to the pros,'' Saban told reporters today. "This is the challenge I wanted. I had a good college job. Why would I have left that if I was going to be interested in other college jobs? I took this as a challenge. We certainly haven’t seen this through and gotten where we want to go and finished the job here, so why would I be interested in something else?" November 2006

"I guess I have to say it," Saban said. "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach. . . I don't control what people say," Saban said. "I don't control what people put on dot-com or anything else. So I'm just telling you there's no significance, in my opinion, about this, about me, about any interest that I have in anything other than being the coach here (Miami Dolphins)." December 21 2006

My favorite part of Saban's denial was to actually admit to cheating, "We had somebody watching their signals. . ."

its not illegal to watch a team's signals. taping signals is a big no-no. watching them is perfectly legal. if you think teams don't watch their opponents signals and try to memorize them...thats crazy talk man. ;)

its not illegal to watch a team's signals. taping signals is a big no-no. watching them is perfectly legal. if you think teams don't watch their opponents signals and try to memorize them...thats crazy talk man. ;)

Yeah, but Belichick and his disciple have made it an art. Nick Saban is the single reason for closed practices around the SEC.

Enjoy your rationalization, man.

InDNo

And you believe that is all he was doing based on what, his word? It is easier to discover a new star with a magnifying glass than to find an instance where Saban has told the truth.

If you distrust everything he says then you feel a lot better as an Alabama fan when his 2.8 is up.

And you believe that is all he was doing based on what, his word? It is easier to discover a new star with a magnifying glass than to find an instance where Saban has told the truth.

If you distrust everything he says then you feel a lot better as an Alabama fan when his 2.8 is up.

and you believe he is doing it based on what, he worked with the guy YEARS ago?

so, if you ever worked with someone and they stole, then you are a thief too.

if you ever worked with someone who got a DUI, you are a drunk too.

if you ever worked with someone who committed any crime, then you did too....makes no sense. if he were spying on them and getting inside info, then i think we would be blowing teams out. not squeezing one out against Arky, losing to UGA in OT, and losing to FSU.

UGA and Vandy are 2 of the last teams in the SEC to close their practices. Vandy still hasn't closed theirs, afaik. UGA is still keeping theirs closed. now, if you bring in some ground breaking information that CNS is right now actively trying to cheat, then i might agree with you.

FSU may have had a number of plays blown up with seemingly precognitive defensive efforts.

They may have gotten sloppy on changing up signals and the defense figured them out.

It may have just been that they knew the other team was seeing what they were doing and needed to hide it a bit to get an edge back.

Maybe F$U did it because Jimbo Fisher had worked for Saban, and the Noles were worried that Nick would know what was being called. I don't think that's cheating.

So what have we learned about Saban so far?

He's a liar.

He's a cheat.

He's got little man syndrome.

He puts blame on his players, but takes praise for himself.

Hates the media.

Hates the fans.

Not bad for a $40 million Rockstar when you would sell your soul for a win that would return you to your "rightful place" in college football. If Alabama thinks he gives one crap about them, they are idiots. This is all about Nick Saban who just happens to be at The University of Alabama.

Maybe F$U did it because Jimbo Fisher had worked for Saban, and the Noles were worried that Nick would know what was being called. I don't think that's cheating.

Thats what I think too. Its not cheating to look over the side line and see what being called. Thats actually pretty dang smart.

So what have we learned about Saban so far?

He's a liar.

He's a cheat.

He's got little man syndrome.

He puts blame on his players, but takes praise for himself.

Hates the media.

Hates the fans.

Not bad for a $40 million Rockstar when you would sell your soul for a win that would return you to your "rightful place" in college football. If Alabama thinks he gives one crap about them, they are idiots. This is all about Nick Saban who just happens to be at The University of Alabama.

You forgot one.

Auburn fans HATE him.

That is almost enough for me.

You forgot one.

Auburn fans HATE him.

I don't hate him. I just have no respect for him. I have taken great delight at all of his little charades so far.

If Alabama thinks he gives one crap about them, they are idiots.

Was there ever any doubt?

You forgot one.

Auburn fans Everyone in the world who's not a bammer HATES him.

Fixed.

You forgot one.

Auburn fans Everyone in the world who's not a bammer HATES him.

Fixed.

Are you calling CircleDrill a liar?

I have no reason to hate Nick Saban. Auburn has dominated him wherever he has coached, and that trend will continue next month. I just have no respect for him.

I have no reason to hate Nick Saban. Auburn has dominated him wherever he has coached, and that trend will continue next month. I just have no respect for him.

If you say you don't hate him I believe it. According to Chizzad though, if you don't hate him, you must be a bammer.

Roll Tide :ua:

a 3-2 record against him with the only wins for each coach coming on their home field? hardly dominating, imho.

Archived