Why is Ron Paul crazy?

WaDE'05

Ok, so I've been looking into all of the presidential candidates. I guess I'm what you call a "swing vote". On the political compass I fall about as moderate as you can be. The only candidate that I see that actually gets me a little excited about voting is Ron Paul. His voting record is more consistent than any I have ever seen. He seems to really believe in the US constitution and favors limited Federal Government. I know there are a few of his ideas that are a little overly idealistic, but I also get the impression that he is quite aware of that fact and seeks only to make good progress towards those goals, not turn the government totally upside down in four years. However, every time I hear his name I hear of chorus of people chime in with "Ron Paul, oh.. that guy is crazy" like he's Ralph Nader or something. However, I have never heard anyone say exactly why he is crazy. I've looked at his policy and voting record, and to be perfectly honest, he seems to be more rational than any candidate. So why (specifically, with regards to the issues) is Ron Paul crazy? I'd love to vote for the guy, but I feel like I'm missing something here. Is he really nuts, or is this just an idea that is perpetuated by the mainstream media toward any third party candidate? So, hypothetically speaking, I am voting for Ron Paul. Why shouldn't I?

Not 100%, but I seem to remember him making statements about 9/11 being an inside job. I think that's what got him pegged as crazy. Plus, have you ever hear him speak? I think you'll find out he's got a few screws loose if you do.

Not 100%, but I seem to remember him making statements about 9/11 being an inside job. I think that's what got him pegged as crazy. Plus, have you ever hear him speak? I think you'll find out he's got a few screws loose if you do.

If he thought 9/11 was an "inside job"... why would he, as an constitutional isolationist, have voted for sending troops to Afghanistan in the wake of 9/11. And not to knock the President, but Ron Paul sounds a lot more articulate than W, when he speaks. I have heard him speak on several occasion, and he has never struck me as mentally incompetent, what is it about his speech that makes him seem to have "a few screws loose". Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to champion the guy, I'm just trying to find out why he's "crazy". I'll look into the 9/11 was an inside job stuff, but that's the first I've heard of it, and like I said, I don't know why an isolationist would vote to put US boots on foreign soil if he really believed it was an "inside job".

*edit* here is the URL for RP denying the "inside Job theory" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfdq6hoe-XY

He wants to get rid of the Dept. of Education, which people say goes to the states since it is not in the constitution and is thus controlled by the state, he wants to get rid of CIA. I guess I would say he is crazy to think he can do these things. Limit federal control to this extent? Good luck? Good idea? I don't know about him, he is starting something though.

Archived