Not to drag out the horse again...but

BamaGrad03

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow - that's a heck of a close-up still photo, and you still can't tell. Wonder if the replay officials in the booth overruled the call on the field after they saw that angle from the photographer's camera on the sidelines? oh, wait.............

I'd say that closest possible snapshot which obviously the officials didn't have the luxury of seeing STILL isn't indisputable evidence as to who touched it first.

If it were called that way on the field you wouldn't hear the griping.

There is no way that that call should have been overturned, plain and simple.

Congratulations, you stole a game from the mighty Ole Miss.

Ok I am not one to keep beating a dead horse but I do have one question: I know that you can challenge a ruling on the field (not a judgement call), so since the sideline judge never threw his has hat to recognize that the receiver was out of bounds, so the call on the field was that it was a completed pass, correct??? So should that have been the only thing disputed, catch or no catch??? Should illegal touching or if he was forced out of bounds even have been an issue???

I guess this may have a chance of being locked but can someone untangle this for me before it does so I can have a decent night's sleep :no:

Ok I am not one to keep beating a dead horse but I do have one question: I know that you can challenge a ruling on the field (not a judgement call), so since the sideline judge never threw his has hat to recognize that the receiver was out of bounds, so the call on the field was that it was a completed pass, correct??? So should that have been the only thing disputed, catch or no catch??? Should illegal touching or if he was forced out of bounds even have been an issue???

I guess this may have a chance of being locked but can someone untangle this for me before it does so I can have a decent night's sleep :no:

You are correct. The refs are "officially" not acknowledging this fact though.

You are exactly right. I have been saying this same thing. The sideline official never marked the receiver as OUT because he went out due to the actions of the Alabama defender. The OM receiver had the choice to be forced out, or to put his hands on the uat defender's back and push in order to keep from going out. So he went out, and was NOT MARKED AS GOING OUT ON HIS OWN.

It was ruled as a completion. The review should only have been who caught the ball...the OM receiver or the uat defender, and NOT that the receiver went out of bounds. Reviews cannot add a penalty, they can only overturn something that was called. The guy was never called out as the official's hat never left his head.

This call was bogus. Congratulations to uat for beating Ole Miss on a CALL instead of on the field.

All I know is that based on this, things are status quo....

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?s...=41694&st=0

The turds still think they are three touchdowns better than Ole Miss, when in actuality they are very close to being < or = them.

I got some flack from a few Bama fans when I picked Ole Miss to beat Bama pre-season. Most Bama fans knew that this game would be tough on the road as they have been playing us close for several years now.

As for the NCAA rules, in the definitions of what can be reviewed it has a very loosely defined rule stating that it can be reviewed to see if a forward pass was touched by an ineligible reciever. It doesn't clarify any of the possible stipulations. Poorly written. It doesn't specify whether or not it was intended to actually review whether a player was ineligible or not - I honestly can see Ole Miss argument in all of this. But, replay or not, questionable calls are part of the game. You win some, you lose some. I don't think any team should ever dwell on it like OM is doing, and if the call would have gone the other way I wouldn't want Bama to dwell on it either. Its like in golf, if you worry too much about your last shot then can't make your next one....

More importantly this year :msu: > :au: This will have more bearing on the West than the disputable replay. Good luck this weekend however with :lsu: .

Let's not forget uat's last meeting with :msu: Didn't go to well for you did it? Might also want to reserve that smack until after your matchup with them in a few weeks. They could very easily make it 2 straight.

GO VOLS!!!

state's oline is just as good as bama's. their running game is better. their dline is tougher (particularly at the edge). their safeties are better.... i've been preaching that game since june. that's all i'm saying. it sure as hell won't take 5 turnovers for croom to notch that win.

They don't have a Quarterback, and our safeties are better.

Rashad Johnson is like our defensive MVP.

You must be the bartender or is it apache? Maybe you should call little Nicky and let him know Bammer doesn't need to show up for the game since you have it all figured out

You must be the bartender or is it apache? Maybe you should call little Nicky and let him know Bammer doesn't need to show up for the game since you have it all figured out

I didn't say it was wrapped up. I was just commenting on their team.

Who do you like Usf or Rutgers? I need to get my bet in before 4

Who do you like Usf or Rutgers? I need to get my bet in before 4

USF all the way, they have the best quarterback in Florida.

Other than the actual replay official in the booth there are a number of advisors there to help in making decisions and providing assistance with rules and such. They are, for some strange reason, contractually obligated to keep quite about what goes on in the booth. However, most of them have "unofficially" told reporters that the consensus of the advisors in the booth was that there was not sufficient evidence to overturn the ruling on the field. The lone contradictory voice was that of the replay official who ignored all of them and overturned the play despite the existence of evidence.

Archived