Not to drag out the horse again...but

BamaGrad03

Other than the actual replay official in the booth there are a number of advisors there to help in making decisions and providing assistance with rules and such. They are, for some strange reason, contractually obligated to keep quite about what goes on in the booth. However, most of them have "unofficially" told reporters that the consensus of the advisors in the booth was that there was not sufficient evidence to overturn the ruling on the field. The lone contradictory voice was that of the replay official who ignored all of them and overturned the play despite the existence of evidence.

Link? Man if I would have posted something like this, in reverse, you guys would have crucified me.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good point, BG, I should not have posted it and I fully agree if the moderators wipe it. The fact that the advisors cannot go on record makes my post conjecture and cannot be substantiated. You are absolutely right, it is only rumor and should be deleted. The only thing I have to back this up are the on air comments of Neal McCready on WNSP in Mobile. He, too, said that what he was told is unofficial and therefore he cannot put in print.

Nice deflection.

McCready's graduation from Ole Miss does not effect his credability. Bammers are the only ones who cannot see past a jersey color. McCready is not a fan of college football. He grew up in Tuscalosa. Both of his parents are grads and former employees of UAT. He also graduated from U La Mo and is not a fan of them either. Everytime a bammer says that someone is a graduate of a certain school and therefore is baised it is an admission that they are losing whatever argument they are engaged in.

But, I should not have posted it, and for that I apologize.

Guest Tigrinum Major

It's not a deflection. And Neal McCready (an OLE MISS GRAD) is far from a credible source on this.

By that logic, you (an Alabama graduate) are not a credible source either.

You are biased. You aren't going to convince me, ever, that Ole Miss didn't get the short end of the stick broken off in them.

You know this is nothing personal, since I have no reason to piss you off and miss out on the lunch you owe me, but you've gotten irrational over the past nine months. You're becoming what you loathe: a typical Alabama fan.

It's not a deflection. And Neal McCready (an OLE MISS GRAD) is far from a credible source on this.

You are biased. You aren't going to convince me, ever, that Ole Miss didn't get the short end of the stick broken off in them.

You know this is nothing personal, since I have no reason to piss you off and miss out on the lunch you owe me, but you've gotten irrational over the past nine months. You're becoming what you loathe: a typical Alabama fan.

So if posted here that I heard from Jay Barker that all the officials had overwhelming evidence to overturn the call, and it was a no doubter...you guys wouldn't rip me to shreds?

Come on. I know you're posturing because you're amongst AU folks, but you can't say that you wouldn't kill me for quoting a bama homer like that.

I really hope youre not that confident against MSU. They have been scoring over 20 points a game without a QB and UAT doesnt exactly have any world beaters on defense. They didnt have a QB last year and they beat you. I dont really see much changing this year. MSU is gonna be playing for a bowl game. UAT is gonna be in for one heck of a fight.

I really hope youre not that confident against MSU. They have been scoring over 20 points a game without a QB and UAT doesnt exactly have any world beaters on defense. They didnt have a QB last year and they beat you. I dont really see much changing this year. MSU is gonna be playing for a bowl game. UAT is gonna be in for one heck of a fight.

well, he was that confident arrogant last week when he said uat would beat ole miss by 3 td's. notice he never commented again in that thread afterwords. I hope he is that confident arrogant against msu. Will make it more fun when/if msu spanks that ass for the 2nd straight year. The way i see it, uat only has one game left that could be called a sure win...ULM.

Does it look to anyone else like that horse is actually laughing?

Weird.

No, he's eating a houndstooth hat.

Weird.

I was trying to get it away from a flamewar. But thanks for bringing us back in it.

Weird.

I was trying to get it away from a flamewar. But thanks for bringing us back in it.

Dodging accountability for outrageous statements = getting away from flame war

:blink:

Weird.

Anytime.

:ua: = :om:

Guest Tigrinum Major

So if posted here that I heard from Jay Barker that all the officials had overwhelming evidence to overturn the call, and it was a no doubter...you guys wouldn't rip me to shreds?

Come on. I know you're posturing because you're amongst AU folks, but you can't say that you wouldn't kill me for quoting a bama homer like that.

I wouldn't believe it, even if Bobby from Homewood said it, unless I saw the overwhelming evidence otherwise.

I have seen what Scarbinsky and McCready have seen. I have yet to see overwhelming evidence that overturned the call.

I will say this and leave it at that: I am not saying that the call being overturned was incorrect, based on the rules of the game. But just like the blocked field goal and return for TD that was called back last night, I would have much less heartburn if the call was made on the field of play, not up amongst the video screens, where I've yet to see indisputable evidence for either reversal or how that person is judging intent of the players.

I will say this and leave it at that: I am not saying that the call being overturned was incorrect, based on the rules of the game. But just like the blocked field goal and return for TD that was called back last night, I would have much less heartburn if the call was made on the field of play, not up amongst the video screens, where I've yet to see indisputable evidence for either reversal or how that person is judging intent of the players.

I think that's a perfectly fair assesment.

Back up here. Jay Barker is not equivalent to McCready. Did McCready play football for Ole Miss? No, he went to grad school there. Going to school at an establishment does not automatically make one a homer for said establishment. By that logic, ******** would be a UT homer, which is obviously not true. The AU beat writer in Mobile would also be a Bama homer. I've heard Bammerham call-in 'tards say the exact opposite about the guy. No one can make a public comment about anything without having a hidden agenda these days.

Not meaning to defend McCready, because I think the guy's a bitter douchebag who thinks he should be in a "bigger" market, but just because he thinks the call should've gone the other way doesn't suddenly mean he "hates Bama". He hates all of us. Big difference. I found it nauseating that AU's defensive effort last weekend wound up being a sidebar to this bickering over a bad call in what will prove to be an inconsequential game.

I lived in Mobile and listened to Neal bash Alabama and Auburn every year. And honk him some Ole Miss bobo. The guy is a homer.

I agree with what you are saying. That going to a school doesn't MAKE you a homer. But you are more likely to be one. And having heard Neal be a homer for a long time, his colors are obvious.

I lived in Mobile and listened to Neal bash Alabama and Auburn every year. And honk him some Ole Miss bobo. The guy is a homer.

I agree with what you are saying. That going to a school doesn't MAKE you a homer. But you are more likely to be one. And having heard Neal be a homer for a long time, his colors are obvious.

You can definitely identify a homer and a bobo honker.

on the whole "i heard someone else say that there is a conspiracy" post, bg is right. if he did that, you guys would lose it. and mccready is a jack. i don't believe him in the least. that's a good way to make yourself important by having "inside info" that no one can disprove and no one else is going to take the time to address. you really think the league office thinks he's worth their time to disprove? bg is completely right on this one.

and yeah, i'd rather have wilson than anyone taking snaps for msu, BUT i'd rather have dixon than anyone taking handoffs for the tide, AND i'd rather have the better running back than the better quarterback most of the time. i'm just saying.

They don't have a Quarterback.

And Alabama does? Not sure about that as an advantage!

Seriously?

Sure, but don't misconstrue this as me saying Cox is better than Wilson.

What I meant was that Wilson is at the middle or bottom of the pack for SEC QB's, but pre-season was supposed to be top 2 or 3 (according to some, you included I think). Take out the first half against Arky, and his numbers get even worse. And now you enter into the harder part of your schedule with UT, LSU and AU still on the schedule. So, in summary, at the bottom of the pack you cannot really look two rungs lower and claim superiority.

Now on to your point...The above would be like me saying Cox is way better than Wilson, when he only is by a couple of efficiency points. Not to mention, I see the two (Wilson and Cox) heading in two different directions, Wilson down and Cox up.

War Eagle and Go Vols (this week at least)!

JPW had his best game of the season last week.

JPW is a good QB. And to the point of one being an advantage in the MSU game, JPW is FAR superior to anything MSU has healthy right now.

JPW is a good QB. And to the point of one being an advantage in the MSU game, JPW is FAR superior to anything MSU has healthy right now.

Ha ha, you make me laugh sometimes. That was againast a 2-5 Ole Miss team who has yet to win a game in the SEC (and only by one questionable call). That is like saying Cox had his best game of the season against Vanderbilt. It is nothing to stick your chest out about.

Like I said, the schedule only gets harder from here on out. Sure, JPW is better than what Miss State has to offer, but by the numbers, not far superior like you said. Check out the stats of the Freshman who has been playing the past few games. Now maybe in the receiver department, I'll give you that.

They dont need a QB when JPW is handing MSU touchdowns on a silver platter.

JPW is an average QB. He is ridiculously inconsistent.

They dont need a QB when JPW is handing MSU touchdowns on a silver platter.

JPW is an average QB. He is ridiculously inconsistent.

Au contraire, mon frere....he IS consistent....at coughing up fumbles for TD's.

Archived