Groves LB?

wakeriderof87

I haven't seen anybody say whether or not QG ended up playing in the TT game at LB (or DE for that matter). Did he play? Did he look like he new what he was doing or look lost? Who thinks he'll play at LB against UGA.

maybe someone can help but he looked lost to me, i wish we could have done this earlier in the year, seems like its a little late in the year to be switchin positions.

I thought he looked a little slow at LB also. Alot of factors may play into that. Between the toe injury, changing positions, and being pretty big for his new position, I wasn't sure which of those factors was the biggest reason he looked a little off. Another couple of weeks of practice couldn't hurt.

he dropped back in coverage a few times already this year and it didn't look pretty. I just don't think he knows exactly what to do yet.

I had a feeling that was how it was gonna turn out, but it was a fun thought though. O well, thats the good thing about a game like this one, you can experiment. Hopefully he'll be back splitting time with Coleman on the end unless takes some big steps forward

Stan was talking about this. He said that QG looked slow because at LB you have to make reads. You can't just rush. And that it takes some time to get used to that. QG is probably quick enough to play the position, but he has to get mentally prepared to make his read quick enough that he isn't a step behind.

Stan was talking about this. He said that QG looked slow because at LB you have to make reads. You can't just rush. And that it takes some time to get used to that. QG is probably quick enough to play the position, but he has to get mentally prepared to make his read quick enough that he isn't a step behind.

I agree completely. There were times that Tray made a play from MLB on Q's side because he moved instinctively and Q had to think about it and process it first. I love Q though and I wish they would just play him at DE so he has a legit shot at getting the record he deserves.

Archived