I Promise you will laugh

cehuff21

My german friend here at work was asking me about Auburn and Alabama because he has heard so much about the iron bowl. I did my share of explaining it to him. He then took it upon himself to look up Alabama Roll Time in the german wikipedia search engine. He then looked up Auburn War Eagle in the same search engine.

His results:

Search "Alabama Roll Tide"

Result: Geschichte der Homosexualität in den Vereinigten Staaten

Translation: The History of Homosexuality in the United States

2nd Result: Crimson Tide – In tiefster Gefahr

Translation: Crimson Tide - In deep s***

Search "Auburn War Eagle"

Result: College Football

Translation: College Football

See for yourselves: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spezial:Suche...abama+roll+tide

This link already provides the search for "Alabama Roll Tide" you may search "Auburn War Eagle" if you like.

Indeed funny stuff but I can offer an explanation for one of the Tide entries (I lived in Germany and speak the language) -- the entry for "Crimson Tide: in tiefster Gefahr" refers to the movie that starred Gene Hackman, so the translation would be something more along the lines of "Crimson Tide: In deep danger" -- but for the purposes of this string... your translation works just fine :roflol:

WDE!!! :au:

Indeed funny stuff but I can offer an explanation for one of the Tide entries (I lived in Germany and speak the language) -- the entry for "Crimson Tide: in tiefster Gefahr" refers to the movie that starred Gene Hackman, so the translation would be something more along the lines of "Crimson Tide: In deep danger" -- but for the purposes of this string... your translation works just fine :roflol:

WDE!!! :au:

You are right it does mean in deep danger literally. But it is a german expression that relate to our saying, "in deep s***"

Still no explanation for it being the History of homosexuality in the US

Still no explanation for it being the History of homosexuality in the US

basically b/c all three words (Alabama+Roll+Tide) appear in the text although not in the context of UAT.

I wonder why? This definitely needs to be edited..... :P

Archived