McCrappy fired!!

Legionfield

I thought Alabama already did when each person at the A-Day game put 33 cents into the Enterprise Relief bucket?

**Puts on flame retardant jumpsuit. Stocks up on popcorn.**

THS you must take into account that the boosters probably put forth around $10,000....So, it'd be more like 23 cents. "Man, I was going to get a little ball of chewing gum...But, I'll go ahead and give you my quarter instead, plus I'd probably just end up throwing it at our players or at the other team."

**Tries to put on flame retarded suit but, being that I'm too fat, I can't get it on. So, I'll just sit here in my beanbag, naked, eating on some Cheetos.**

I received this in an email this afternoon:

The following is a list of the largest advertisers for WNSP:

The station owners are REC members (Ken and Kenny Johnson), as are

some of their biggest advertisers (Mitch McConnell at McConnell

Cadillac, Elliot Maisel at Gulf Distributing, Terry Thompson at Terry

Thompson Chevy)

I'll admit my ignorance and say I'm not sure what the REC is, but these are likely the sponsors that had the man fired.

Note... I am the guy on this board who is a Hoover alumnus and fan. Your response was never an argument against me. I just took exception to the "holier than thou" attitude at the time of this post.

I didn't realize me saying someone "needed to go" could be equated to the ticker tape parade you guys were throwing when Rush got fired.

Bama has made an unnecessary enemy in McCready. He's on Sportscall right now talking about the REC and how they are taking Mobile back. <_<

link

Happy Trails

This was long overdue. He really sucks as a columnist and a radio host. He just took one too many shots at Bama.......oh well. :moon:

That's a shame and a mistake on the station's part. Neil and Jed were the only live, relevant, and local programming the station had. But, I am sure that there are already plans to move PF into their slot. Something makes me think that these last few months of PF's over-the-top love affair with Saban (including the column following the LSU LOSS) were all a part of PF's plan to "win back Mobile."

Happy Trails

This was long overdue. He really sucks as a columnist and a radio host. He just took one too many shots at Bama.......oh well. :moon:

That's a shame and a mistake on the station's part. Neil and Jed were the only live, relevant, and local programming the station had. But, I am sure that there are already plans to move PF into their slot. Something makes me think that these last few months of PF's over-the-top love affair with Saban (including the column following the LSU LOSS) were all a part of PF's plan to "win back Mobile."

And you'll be better for it!! :big:

I received this in an email this afternoon:

The following is a list of the largest advertisers for WNSP:

The station owners are REC members (Ken and Kenny Johnson), as are

some of their biggest advertisers (Mitch McConnell at McConnell

Cadillac, Elliot Maisel at Gulf Distributing, Terry Thompson at Terry

Thompson Chevy)

I'll admit my ignorance and say I'm not sure what the REC is, but these are likely the sponsors that had the man fired.

Red Elephant Club.

McCready was unbiased. Anyone thinking he was serving any agenda other than "poop" stirring his just lying to himself. He does not care for college football be it Auburn, Alabama, or Ole Miss. He talked about it because the listeners wanted to talk about it. Because he was not a fan he did not wrap college football in a flag of purity that fans (self included) tend to do.

More than likely if he ever said or wrote something that offended you than it was because you knew he was right. The fact that he lost his radio gig at WNSP because he was not pro-Bama only serves to make me listen to WNSP less. When they replaced ESPN programming with the political diatribe of PF (who is not and never has been a "sports talk show host") I began listening to music radio more.

I enjoy Jed and, like Neal, he has no allegiances to any SEC school, but if WNSP is changing from a Sports Talk station to an Alabama Talk station then what is the point of even listening? If I want to hear non-stop Bama chatter all I have to do is walk into a Walmart or Piggly Wiggly.

For those who think that Neal went out of his way to bash Bama you are wrong. No one has to go out of their way to bash Bama; there is simply too much fodder to chose from. Saddly, the same can be said for my beloved Tigers and pretty much any team in the SEC.

It is time to check yourself, if a stupid talk show host on a stupid radio station in a stupid little town in Alabama can say something about your stupid football team that makes you enraged then you need to seek help.

Just imagine what could be done if you put as much effort into helping your community as you put into hating anyone who says something negative (i.e. truthful) about Alabama football.

I present exhibit A:

Alabama has been passed

By Neal McCready Sports Reporter

Some Alabama fans are really funny. I mean, Eddie Murphy-at-his-peak hilarious.

In the wake of Mississippi State's win over Alabama, many Crimson Tide fans came out of the woodwork demanding immediate change.

So bring on Nick Saban. Bring on Rich Rodriguez. You can interview Bobby Petrino, too. Maybe Rutgers' Greg Schiano would make a good coordinator, a coach-in-waiting if Jimmy Johnson isn't willing to commit more than, say, five years to bringing Alabama football back to where it belongs. I mean, really, who wouldn't want to come stalk the same sidelines that the Bear once patrolled? Who wouldn't want to coach in the shadow of greatness? After all, if you're going to fantasize, take it the distance.

The problem, however, for the dreaming Tide nation is that when it wakes up to the real world, Mike Shula's still the coach and the hard truth is he just might be the best Alabama can realistically hope for. The line of prospective coaches just dying to come to Tuscaloosa isn't as long as Tide fans think.

Before every home game, there's that voice. I still can't understand what he says, but it's something about "class," and "we got class," or "win with class." Then the elephant roars and another voice says, "This is Alabama football."

No, that was Alabama football. Those days are long gone and until the powers that be at the Capstone recognize that, all the Tide is going to be able to embrace is history. The people who Alabama football is selling to - the current high school recruits - were born in 1988 or 1989. They were 3 years old when Gene Stallings led Alabama to an upset over Miami in the Sugar Bowl and the national championship. Their experience with Alabama football mostly has been controversy, scandal, NCAA sanctions, losing seasons and mediocrity. The ardent Alabama fans among that group remember Shaun Alexander and Chris Samuel leading Alabama to the 1999 SEC title, but they were 11 or 12 then. Since that national championship night in New Orleans, a lot of water has flowed under the proverbial bridge.

Here's reality: Alabama has been passed. Ask the kids. They're the only ones who really matter. They'll tell you Florida is cool. So is LSU. Ask them about winning tradition and they'll tell you about Auburn, Tennessee and maybe Georgia. South Carolina has Steve Spurrier. Arkansas kids are staying home. Ole Miss has built a great indoor practice facility. Kentucky has fabulous facilities. Mississippi State probably isn't far behind. Jimmy Johns would probably never admit it even if someone could extricate his foot from his mouth, but had the Brookhaven, Miss., native stayed home and gone to Mississippi State or Ole Miss, he'd be a hero in his home state and a starter on the field. Oh yeah, he would have won a football game Saturday. Instead, he went to Alabama, where he's now a highly publicized backup playing behind an underachieving senior.

So why would Saban leave sunny Miami for Alabama? Petrino might be preparing for the national championship game in early January. Why would he give that up to take on a rebuilding project that goes well beyond the football field? Rodriguez might leave his native West Virginia one day, but Alabama's a lateral move at best.

But if Alabama is intent on making that sort of splash, here's two pieces of advice: Ante up and get your eyes out of the rear-view mirror because the men the delusional Tide fans talk about are forward thinkers with healthy egos. In other words, if you expect them to come to Tuscaloosa and walk in a shadow, you'd better hope for nothing but sunny days because guys like Saban, Petrino, Rodriguez and the others aren't going to walk in a shadow that isn't their own.

Good call Neal. Let's see, Nick Saban will not come and the kids don't like us anymore. That is evidenced by the #3 recruiting class in the country. Good call Neal....... :thumbsup:

Bama has made an unnecessary enemy in McCready. He's on Sportscall right now talking about the REC and how they are taking Mobile back. <_<

link

I got a big kick out of it when Dan said, "for the sake of keeping my job, I want to get a 'Roll Tide' in before the break"

McCready was unbiased. Anyone thinking he was serving any agenda other than "poop" stirring his just lying to himself. He does not care for college football be it Auburn, Alabama, or Ole Miss. He talked about it because the listeners wanted to talk about it. Because he was not a fan he did not wrap college football in a flag of purity that fans (self included) tend to do.

More than likely if he ever said or wrote something that offended you than it was because you knew he was right. The fact that he lost his radio gig at WNSP because he was not pro-Bama only serves to make me listen to WNSP less. When they replaced ESPN programming with the political diatribe of PF (who is not and never has been a "sports talk show host") I began listening to music radio more.

I enjoy Jed and, like Neal, he has no allegiances to any SEC school, but if WNSP is changing from a Sports Talk station to an Alabama Talk station then what is the point of even listening? If I want to hear non-stop Bama chatter all I have to do is walk into a Walmart or Piggly Wiggly.

For those who think that Neal went out of his way to bash Bama you are wrong. No one has to go out of their way to bash Bama; there is simply too much fodder to chose from. Saddly, the same can be said for my beloved Tigers and pretty much any team in the SEC.

It is time to check yourself, if a stupid talk show host on a stupid radio station in a stupid little town in Alabama can say something about your stupid football team that makes you enraged then you need to seek help.

Just imagine what could be done if you put as much effort into helping your community as you put into hating anyone who says something negative (i.e. truthful) about Alabama football.

I present exhibit A:

Alabama has been passed

In the wake of Mississippi State's win over Alabama, many Crimson Tide fans came out of the woodwork demanding immediate change.

So bring on Nick Saban. Bring on Rich Rodriguez. You can interview Bobby Petrino, too. Maybe Rutgers' Greg Schiano would make a good coordinator, a coach-in-waiting if Jimmy Johnson isn't willing to commit more than, say, five years to bringing Alabama football back to where it belongs. I mean, really, who wouldn't want to come stalk the same sidelines that the Bear once patrolled? Who wouldn't want to coach in the shadow of greatness? After all, if you're going to fantasize, take it the distance.

The problem, however, for the dreaming Tide nation is that when it wakes up to the real world, Mike Shula's still the coach and the hard truth is he just might be the best Alabama can realistically hope for. The line of prospective coaches just dying to come to Tuscaloosa isn't as long as Tide fans think.

Before every home game, there's that voice. I still can't understand what he says, but it's something about "class," and "we got class," or "win with class." Then the elephant roars and another voice says, "This is Alabama football."

No, that was Alabama football. Those days are long gone and until the powers that be at the Capstone recognize that, all the Tide is going to be able to embrace is history. The people who Alabama football is selling to - the current high school recruits - were born in 1988 or 1989. They were 3 years old when Gene Stallings led Alabama to an upset over Miami in the Sugar Bowl and the national championship. Their experience with Alabama football mostly has been controversy, scandal, NCAA sanctions, losing seasons and mediocrity. The ardent Alabama fans among that group remember Shaun Alexander and Chris Samuel leading Alabama to the 1999 SEC title, but they were 11 or 12 then. Since that national championship night in New Orleans, a lot of water has flowed under the proverbial bridge.

Here's reality: Alabama has been passed. Ask the kids. They're the only ones who really matter. They'll tell you Florida is cool. So is LSU. Ask them about winning tradition and they'll tell you about Auburn, Tennessee and maybe Georgia. South Carolina has Steve Spurrier. Arkansas kids are staying home. Ole Miss has built a great indoor practice facility. Kentucky has fabulous facilities. Mississippi State probably isn't far behind. Jimmy Johns would probably never admit it even if someone could extricate his foot from his mouth, but had the Brookhaven, Miss., native stayed home and gone to Mississippi State or Ole Miss, he'd be a hero in his home state and a starter on the field. Oh yeah, he would have won a football game Saturday. Instead, he went to Alabama, where he's now a highly publicized backup playing behind an underachieving senior.

So why would Saban leave sunny Miami for Alabama? Petrino might be preparing for the national championship game in early January. Why would he give that up to take on a rebuilding project that goes well beyond the football field? Rodriguez might leave his native West Virginia one day, but Alabama's a lateral move at best.

But if Alabama is intent on making that sort of splash, here's two pieces of advice: Ante up and get your eyes out of the rear-view mirror because the men the delusional Tide fans talk about are forward thinkers with healthy egos. In other words, if you expect them to come to Tuscaloosa and walk in a shadow, you'd better hope for nothing but sunny days because guys like Saban, Petrino, Rodriguez and the others aren't going to walk in a shadow that isn't their own.

Good call Neal. Let's see, Nick Saban will not come and the kids don't like us anymore. That is evidenced by the #3 recruiting class in the country. Good call Neal....... :thumbsup:

Legion, the problem that most of us have with Bammers is exemplified in this post. Entitlement exudes from everything that you have said. Could it be that McCready doesn't hate Alabama? Maybe, he was just wrong?

Also, I'm reading alot of bravado from Bammers recently. I guess it's good to be powerful enough to fire some schmuck who disagrees with you. But, when the mighty fall......well, I guess you already know what that feels like.

I present exhibit A:

Alabama has been passed

Legion, the problem that most of us have with Bammers is exemplified in this post. Entitlement exudes from everything that you have said. Could it be that McCready doesn't hate Alabama? Maybe, he was just wrong?

Also, I'm reading alot of bravado from Bammers recently. I guess it's good to be powerful enough to fire some schmuck who disagrees with you. But, when the mighty fall......well, I guess you already know what that feels like.

While I understand what you mean, on the other hand, people go after the mighty that much harder, just because they are the mighty. They want to see the mighty crumble. They also love to pile on and kick 'em while they are down. There are two sides to that coin....... :thumbsup:

I present exhibit A:

Alabama has been passed

While I understand what you mean, on the other hand, people go after the mighty that much harder, just because they are the mighty. They want to see the mighty crumble. They also love to pile on and kick 'em while they are down. There are two sides to that coin....... :thumbsup:

Yeah but your side of the coin is as guilty as the day is long and your arrogance about it is laughable.

I just hope McCready doesn't accidentally fall up his stairs and leave a bloody mess all over his house and eventually get ruled as a suicide. B)

I present exhibit A:

Alabama has been passed

Yeah but your side of the coin is as guilty as the day is long and your arrogance about it is laughable.

I just hope McCready doesn't accidentally fall up his stairs and leave a bloody mess all over his house and eventually get ruled as a suicide. B)

Huh?!?! When have I said we weren't guilty of anything?

Jay Tate just told WNSP where they could stick it. Great stuff. I've been listening for the past couple of days just to hear the fallout from callers, but I'm also done with them. Between this site, al.com, and the emergent Auburn blogs like Joe Cribb's CW and the War Eagle Reader, there's really no need for it.

Bama fans might want to check out the MPR sports section tomorrow. They might find a tell all article on the situation. B)

I personally hope McCready spends his free time investigating each and every one

of Satan's recruits, just to make sure they are squeaky clean!!!!!!

:cheer::au::cheer:

War Eagle!

The uaters are throwing a party with this guy being fired, but ripped us a new one when we celebrated Propst losing his coaching job at hoover. I notice none of the uaters are saying (you know who) needs to go. typical double standard. If it suits the uaters its ok, but if its against the uaters, we are low lifes for celebrating a firing.

I cannot see a parallel between McCready and Probst. Neal was a talk show host whose job was to talk sports and inject a little heated discussion. Probst was supposed to be a teacher of high school students, a shaper of young minds but instead he was a megalomaniac who embarrassed the entire state. Regardless of which school Probst's players went to after graduation they have all been harmed by his tutelage. I'm sure that every player who played under him would stand up for him, but hostages often feel an emotional bund to those who tormented them. Many of Bobby Knight's former players stand up for him, but Knight has always been a blight on college basketball. The fact is that Probst is a bad example of what high school football should be.

McCready was fired because he “wasn't pro-Alabama enough.”

Probst was fired because he is a scum bag.

Archived