McCrappy fired!!

Legionfield

Happy Trails

This was long overdue. He really sucks as a columnist and a radio host. He just took one too many shots at Bama.......oh well. :moon:

I used to love to listen to McCready back when he was an Auburn beat writer and during the early days of the radio show. He might not give you the greatest news, but he shot straight. When he left that beat, Tate replaced him in my mind as the guy who would give you an "outside" look at the program. When I want to feel better about things, I go to Marshall. When I want an alternate view, I went to McCready (now Tate).

The cynicism and spitefulness had gotten tiresome lately, and it was clear that he was no friend of Auburn's, but I still think this is horse-hockey The fact that Bammer boosters/sponsors got involved in forcing him off the air makes it even worse. The comments on Rappaport's blog are a perfect slice uninformed douchebaggery that I've come to expect from the sidewalk alum Bammer Nation.

mod edit: keep the language clean

edit: is that better?

So because he wasn't BIASED enough for the turds he was canned? And you think this is a good thing. Says a lot about you.

McCready would usually go out of his way to bash Bama. it doesn't matter to me either way, i still have to see his articles in the Mobile Press-Register. think PF, except loves AU but not nearly as ignorant.

Happy Trails

This was long overdue. He really sucks as a columnist and a radio host. He just took one too many shots at Bama.......oh well. :moon:

You just proved our point for us.

If McCready loved AU, he wouldn't have spent time talking about how this year was going to be the year that Tuberville stuck it to Lowder every year since Jetgate. He wouldn't have talked about how Borges was sure to leave after '04, or that Chizk was going to leave. He wouldn't have spent all of this time on the A&M rumor either. The thing no one in this state seems to get is that when there's good news about your program, everything sounds great, but the bad news about your program shouldn't be sugarcoated, either.

I think Bammers just haven't been able to let go that he broke the Price story in Pensacola.

Neal McCready needed to go. He was a total Ole Miss knob slobber (and alum). And took every chance he could to take huge shots at Alabama and Auburn.

He's been running AU down all year.

No, you don't have to be biased. But you do need to be cognizant of your local demographic.

Neal McCready needed to go. He was a total Ole Miss knob slobber (and alum). And took every chance he could to take huge shots at Alabama and Auburn.

No, you don't have to be biased. But you do need to be cognizant of your local demographic.

My point, exactly!!

Happy Trails

And that was? :homer:

Maybe so, BG, but who fills that slot in Mobile now? The current straight man bites, and they've got some guys that can fill in for the "personality" role, but McCready carried that show. The times when that show was at its most entertaining was when the guys had chemistry. Zarzour/McCready was good, and so was Mark Heim, but the other guys have been painful to listen to. Maybe we could just have Chuck Floyd come in two hours early every afternoon for marathon sessions of "My Neck Runs Crimson"

The worst scenario I can imagine is that PF shows back up in the afternoon. I just can't get enough of imported Birmingham radio.

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

I've been waiting for this for a little while. Hypocrite thy name is Bamagrad...

The Hoover pipeline is about to be exposed any day now.

Yeah, any day now. Is this the same pipeline that sent a player to AU this year? Or is it a different pipeline?

What I think is AWESOME, is that you guys are beyond giddy about a guy losing his job today. A guy who was head coach at a school that gave Alabama High School athletics NATIONAL recognition. A coach who worked hard to make the MTV thing happen...which resulted in people outside this state being able to see that we aren't a bunch of walking stereotypes down here.

Yeah, he lost his job. Let's have a parade.

You guys hate Alabama SOOOO much, that you don't care about someone getting fired. You are so able to remove yourselves from the human element, that you are willing for a guy to lose his job...just so you can get your rocks off in regards to hating Alabama. The funny thing is, him getting fired doesn't hurt Alabama as much as you guys think it will.

And judging from how this year's in state recruiting is going, it's not like we needed his help anyway.

Hope you guys are happy. Hope Hoover's name being dragged through the mud made you all happy. Hope you guys feel good that the ONLY positive exposure in regards to High School for the state of Alabama just had it's name ran through the dirt.

Because at the end of the day, it's not about a program that gets athletes into college. It's not about Sports Freaking Illustrated naming Hoover the #1 High School athletics program in the NATION...it's not about having someone outside of this state seeing a POSITIVE representation of Alabama.

It's about hating the University of Alabama. And you people are so bitter about a school that sends a lot of kids to Alabama, that you are more than happy to see all the good things about it burn...just so maybe one or two fewer kids go to UA.

Congrats.

Note... I am the guy on this board who is a Hoover alumnus and fan. Your response was never an argument against me. I just took exception to the "holier than thou" attitude at the time of this post.

I've been waiting for this for a little while. Hypocrite thy name is Bamagrad...

Yeah, any day now. Is this the same pipeline that sent a player to AU this year? Or is it a different pipeline?

What I think is AWESOME, is that you guys are beyond giddy about a guy losing his job today. A guy who was head coach at a school that gave Alabama High School athletics NATIONAL recognition. A coach who worked hard to make the MTV thing happen...which resulted in people outside this state being able to see that we aren't a bunch of walking stereotypes down here.

You guys hate Alabama SOOOO much, that you don't care about someone getting fired. You are so able to remove yourselves from the human element, that you are willing for a guy to lose his job...just so you can get your rocks off in regards to hating Alabama. The funny thing is, him getting fired doesn't hurt Alabama as much as you guys think it will.

And judging from how this year's in state recruiting is going, it's not like we needed his help anyway.

Hope you guys are happy. Hope Hoover's name being dragged through the mud made you all happy. Hope you guys feel good that the ONLY positive exposure in regards to High School for the state of Alabama just had it's name ran through the dirt.

Because at the end of the day, it's not about a program that gets athletes into college. It's not about Sports Freaking Illustrated naming Hoover the #1 High School athletics program in the NATION...it's not about having someone outside of this state seeing a POSITIVE representation of Alabama.

It's about hating the University of Alabama. And you people are so bitter about a school that sends a lot of kids to Alabama, that you are more than happy to see all the good things about it burn...just so maybe one or two fewer kids go to UA.

Congrats.

Note... I am the guy on this board who is a Hoover alumnus and fan. Your response was never an argument against me. I just took exception to the "holier than thou" attitude at the time of this post.

Now that's gonna' leave a mark. But as soon as he recovers....crank up the spin cycle.

Congrats.

Now that's gonna' leave a mark. But as soon as he recovers....crank up the spin cycle.

Yeah I can hear it now: What?! My comment had nothing to do with celebrating this guy's firing. It had nothing to do with celebrating the fact that Alabama may get another guy on the radio. It had nothing to do with exposing anybody for who they really are. It nothing to do with a parade or taking delight in a guy's firing.

Except oh wait, he'd be right. Sorry guys, I know it seemed like a golden opportunity, but I don't think BG said anything wrong or hypocritical.

Happy Trails

That unless you toe the line and honk on Saban and the REC's bo bo(see ********), your gone. The journalism in this state is more biased now than when the ole drunk was around. This is really something to be proud of Mullet Nation. :no:

Happy Trails

That unless you toe the line and honk on Saban and the REC's bo bo(see ********), your gone. The journalism in this state is more biased now than when the ole drunk was around. This is really something to be proud of Mullet Nation. :no:

Uh....ok. You think ******** has never been anti-Bama? Take off the orange and blue glasses..... B)

After listining to him for a couple years when I can stomache it, he is pro or con whatever he can get ratings being.

He is a con artist.

But right now he is on a bama honker red elephant network thats pro bama through and through.

All year its been, Auburn is sucking this year, Al Borges is horrible, CTT is a jerk and Saban is a god, Alabama's doing great, and wow look at that tenesee game.

Honestly, its gotten so lopsided that its annoying and dull. I can't listen for more than a few minutes. Then I listen to him totally disrespect Pat Dye to whip the bammers into a frenzy.

He has 0 football knowledge, 0 actual ability to run a show, 0 entertainment ability. His callers lead the show and he sits back and listens. If you ever hear the douche bag get a caller asking about a different defensive package or another line formation or switiching offense he has to say...

Hmm, good question. Next Caller.

Its a stupid show with retarded bama fans callig in to toot their own horn or grouse about their loss. If its an Auburn caller they are held to ridicule or they pick the most retarded fan on the list and have him on air talking about 5 and who own who. There is very little talk about actual football on the show.

Its an embarresment to sports talk shows. I have heard so many better shows that are less focused on just this state and its more informative and entertaining.

Translation: Just not enough sally jesse/little nicky love.

McCready was unbiased. Anyone thinking he was serving any agenda other than "poop" stirring his just lying to himself. He does not care for college football be it Auburn, Alabama, or Ole Miss. He talked about it because the listeners wanted to talk about it. Because he was not a fan he did not wrap college football in a flag of purity that fans (self included) tend to do.

More than likely if he ever said or wrote something that offended you than it was because you knew he was right. The fact that he lost his radio gig at WNSP because he was not pro-Bama only serves to make me listen to WNSP less. When they replaced ESPN programming with the political diatribe of PF (who is not and never has been a "sports talk show host") I began listening to music radio more.

I enjoy Jed and, like Neal, he has no allegiances to any SEC school, but if WNSP is changing from a Sports Talk station to an Alabama Talk station then what is the point of even listening? If I want to hear non-stop Bama chatter all I have to do is walk into a Walmart or Piggly Wiggly.

For those who think that Neal went out of his way to bash Bama you are wrong. No one has to go out of their way to bash Bama; there is simply too much fodder to chose from. Saddly, the same can be said for my beloved Tigers and pretty much any team in the SEC.

It is time to check yourself, if a stupid talk show host on a stupid radio station in a stupid little town in Alabama can say something about your stupid football team that makes you enraged then you need to seek help.

Just imagine what could be done if you put as much effort into helping your community as you put into hating anyone who says something negative (i.e. truthful) about Alabama football.

McCready was unbiased. Anyone thinking he was serving any agenda other than "poop" stirring his just lying to himself. He does not care for college football be it Auburn, Alabama, or Ole Miss. He talked about it because the listeners wanted to talk about it. Because he was not a fan he did not wrap college football in a flag of purity that fans (self included) tend to do.

More than likely if he ever said or wrote something that offended you than it was because you knew he was right. The fact that he lost his radio gig at WNSP because he was not pro-Bama only serves to make me listen to WNSP less. When they replaced ESPN programming with the political diatribe of PF (who is not and never has been a "sports talk show host") I began listening to music radio more.

I enjoy Jed and, like Neal, he has no allegiances to any SEC school, but if WNSP is changing from a Sports Talk station to an Alabama Talk station then what is the point of even listening? If I want to hear non-stop Bama chatter all I have to do is walk into a Walmart or Piggly Wiggly.

For those who think that Neal went out of his way to bash Bama you are wrong. No one has to go out of their way to bash Bama; there is simply too much fodder to chose from. Saddly, the same can be said for my beloved Tigers and pretty much any team in the SEC.

It is time to check yourself, if a stupid talk show host on a stupid radio station in a stupid little town in Alabama can say something about your stupid football team that makes you enraged then you need to seek help.

Just imagine what could be done if you put as much effort into helping your community as you put into hating anyone who says something negative (i.e. truthful) about Alabama football.

I thought Alabama already did when each person at the A-Day game put 33 cents into the Enterprise Relief bucket?

**Puts on flame retardant jumpsuit. Stocks up on popcorn.**

"Ole Miss knob slobber" You have never listened to the show.

"But you do need to be cognizant of your local demographic." True, but that means you don't constantly talk about ice hockey on a Mobile sports talk show. It does not mean you suck up to Auburn and Alabama fanatics.

Happy Trails

Uh....ok. You think ******** has never been anti-Bama? Take off the orange and blue glasses..... B)

Alright "relic" tell me why McCready was fired? It wasn't his ratings.... His show has always been at or near the top for the timeslot.

Archived