AC1's common sense view of things....

AuburnChopper1

What is normal?

Normal is defined as: 1. conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural.

2. serving to establish a standard.

First, the indisputable. Alabama has established a past recent history of having difficulties in many areas. They've had up and down recruiting success, NCAA issues, coaching issues, and a myriad of other problems that haven't gone away overnight.

It could be argued, that it's become "normal" for Alabama to have issues. Many different circumstances have pushed the topsy-turvy Tide into what has certainly been a roller coaster ride for its faithful alumni and fans alike.

Just in 2007, between arrests, suspensions, NCAA issues, and questionable losses, the Tide continue with what could be considered, "normal" behavior. Nick Saban is a side issue in a sense, meaning that not much has changed, even after his arrival. So, it comes down to what Nick Saban has done for Alabama to help the "normal" perception that taints it's image in their rival's eyes? I'm sorry, but not much.......yet. He JUST got there, so maybe in time, but not yet.

Normal is for Auburn fans, being Alabama's chief rival, to ridicule, maim, and pick at every little thing that is Alabama. When the issues happen, as they have this year, it should be considered "normal" to Alabama fans, that Auburn fans will treat them, and their program accordingly.

You can throw stats, recruiting and coaching comparisons out the window. You know why? Because, fair or not Alabama fans, your institution has created that feeling of "normalcy" when it comes to the issues at hand.

As an Auburn fan, I don't feel compassion for you. As an Auburn fan, I find myself shaking my head at you. As an Auburn fan, I DO feel like it's Alabama with something to prove based on what I've seen from you and your football team over the last 10 years. A new coach with an attitude, better game plan, and hopes for the future, doesn't change my feelings for your program or institution at this point in time one bit. Not yet, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Sometimes, things turn personal in this forum out of frustration. It shouldn't be that way, but it's an open door look into the passions that people in here hold dear to the institutions they call their Alma Mater, or even just their favorite team.

It's a football forum, so decorum sometimes takes a hit. It's a mixture of great thoughts, stats, common sense (sometimes), name calling, and "your momma" jokes. It's not creative writing 101, or even an advanced class. An overly used, overly deep vocabulary can sometimes overshadow a great post by making the reader seem like you're trying to speak over them. It does more harm than good. It's a point I've tried to make many times in here. Speaking common sense and in layman's terms will get you much further with more readers here, than the one or two other fellow writers that appreciate what you're "trying" to do.

So, bottom line is this...

Alabama is in a rut of normalcy right now. They have shown signs of improvement. The Tide's improvement on the field involves their coaches, players and results, and is in no way influenced by an Auburn player, coach or result, unless of course, it's the Iron Bowl.

When discussing the Tide's now "normal" behavior, results, players and coaches, the response can not be a comparison to Auburn football.

Alabama built this rut of "normalcy" over a period of years, over a span of many coaches, and on the watch of many good, and sometimes, great Alabama players. It will take time, maybe years, for Alabama to pull itself out of this "RUT" of normalcy, and return itself to a successful flow.

Until then, expect a scrutinizing experience here Bama fans. Expect that we do NOT believe that Saban is your end all, solve all explanation for all things Crimson Tide Football. Expect that Auburn fans feel Alabama fans are delusional at times for expecting Auburn fans to feel any different after showing us the opposite for so many years now. It's been earned.

It's just the "normal" way of things for now.

What is normal?

Normal is defined as: 1. conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural.

First, the indisputable. Alabama has established a past recent history of having difficulties in many areas. They've had up and down recruiting success, NCAA issues, coaching issues, and a myriad of other problems that haven't gone away overnight.

It could be argued, that it's become "normal" for Alabama to have issues. Many different circumstances have pushed the topsy-turvy Tide into what has certainly been a roller coaster ride for its faithful alumni and fans alike.

Just in 2007, between arrests, suspensions, NCAA issues, and questionable losses, the Tide continue with what could be considered, "normal" behavior. Nick Saban is a side issue in a sense, meaning that not much has changed, even after his arrival. So, it comes down to what Nick Saban has done for Alabama to help the "normal" perception that taints it's image in their rival's eyes? I'm sorry, but not much.......yet. He JUST got there, so maybe in time, but not yet.

Normal is for Auburn fans, being Alabama's chief rival, to ridicule, maim, and pick at every little thing that is Alabama. When the issues happen, as they have this year, it should be considered "normal" to Alabama fans, that Auburn fans will treat them, and their program accordingly.

You can throw stats, recruiting and coaching comparisons out the window. You know why? Because, fair or not Alabama fans, your institution has created that feeling of "normalcy" when it comes to the issues at hand.

As an Auburn fan, I don't feel compassion for you. As an Auburn fan, I find myself shaking my head at you. As an Auburn fan, I DO feel like it's Alabama with something to prove based on what I've seen from you and your football team over the last 10 years. A new coach with an attitude, better game plan, and hopes for the future, doesn't change my feelings for your program or institution at this point in time one bit. Not yet, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Sometimes, things turn personal in this forum out of frustration. It shouldn't be that way, but it's an open door look into the passions that people in here hold dear to the institutions they call their Alma Mater, or even just their favorite team.

It's a football forum, so decorum sometimes takes a hit. It's a mixture of great thoughts, stats, common sense (sometimes), name calling, and "your momma" jokes. It's not creative writing 101, or even an advanced class. An overly used, overly deep vocabulary can sometimes overshadow a great post by making the reader seem like you're trying to speak over them. It does more harm than good. It's a point I've tried to make many times in here. Speaking common sense and in layman's terms will get you much further with more readers here, than the one or two other fellow writers that appreciate what you're "trying" to do.

Alabama is in a rut of normalcy right now. They have shown signs of improvement. The Tide's improvement on the field involves their coaches, players and results, and is in no way influenced by an Auburn player, coach or result, unless of course, it's the Iron Bowl.

When discussing the Tide's now "normal" behavior, results, players and coaches, the response can not be a comparison to Auburn football.

Alabama built this rut of "normalcy" over a period of years, over a span of many coaches, and on the watch of many good, and sometimes, great Alabama players. It will take time, maybe years, for Alabama to pull itself out of this "RUT" of normalcy, and return itself to a successful flow.

Until then, expect a scrutinizing experience here Bama fans. Expect that we do NOT believe that Saban is your end all, solve all explanation for all things Crimson Tide Football. Expect that Auburn fans feel Alabama fans are delusional at times for expecting Auburn fans to feel any different after showing us the opposite for so many years now. It's been earned.

Scrutinizing? Normalcy?

Could you dumb it down a little for me? I'm sure the other writers on the board appreciate what you're "trying" to do, but I ain't are can read good.

What is normal?

Scrutinizing? Normalcy?

Could you dumb it down a little for me? I'm sure the other writers on the board appreciate what you're "trying" to do, but I ain't are can read good.

www.dictionary.com

Archived