ND game vs. Ky/Ga

AU alum

I am pissed. NBC in their infinite wisdom, has chosen to show ND-Duke (between them I think they've won 2 games this year) on HD and put the Ky-Ga game on analog. I could see them doing this in NC, or in the North somewhere, but in SEC country? I imagine you could count those watching ND on one hand.

If you have HD, you'll understand. You get so used to it!

NBC has a contract with ND to show all their home games. Plus, reality is that a 1-9 ND still probably have more national appeal than the KY-GA game. Oh well, money reigns in college football

I am pissed. NBC in their infinite wisdom, has chosen to show ND-Duke (between them I think they've won 2 games this year) on HD and put the Ky-Ga game on analog. I could see them doing this in NC, or in the North somewhere, but in SEC country? I imagine you could count those watching ND on one hand.

If you have HD, you'll understand. You get so used to it!

Well, in reality, Lincoln Financial doesn't have HD cameras so technically you aren't missing an HD broadcast. Though you are missing a digital broadcast...which I agree, still looks better than an analog signal.

I'm confused, but it might be because I am in Atlanta

I have NBC airing the ND Game and MYAtlanta airing the KY-UGA game

But I will admit that if I couldn't watch the game because of Duke-ND, I'd be upset as well

I'm confused, but it might be because I am in Atlanta

I have NBC airing the ND Game and MYAtlanta airing the KY-UGA game

But I will admit that if I couldn't watch the game because of Duke-ND, I'd be upset as well

Well, in Montgomery, Alabama, they have the LFS game (Georgia-Kentucky) on the NBC affiliate, WSFA. Then, at 2:30, ND-Duke was scheduled (it's always after the SEC game). For some reason, this week the ND game started at 1:30 and bumped the LFS game, well, sent LFS to analog and ND was on digital. No, to be specific, it started about 1:20 so we could see pictures of the campus, Notre Dame Walk (or whatever it's called) and other important stuff. I guess that I shouldn't bitch too bad, because at least I can still watch the Ky-Ga game, but if it were an Auburn game, I'd probably call or write somebody. Not that it would do any good, but I'd feel better.

Archived