BAMA BOOS THEIR TEAM

arnaldoabru

Was it after the Miss St or S Fla game when there were a few scattered boos at the Auburn game.The topic of chose that week on Finescum was how classless Auburn fans were for booing their own team.The Bama callers were all chuckling and giggling about Auwburn.

Look who's booing now,

RTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the South Florida game, there were some boos that came late, basically questioning the late decision not to try and score. In the MSU game, either Cox or the decison to play Cox at that time, was booed loudly.

I was listening to the game yesterday and you could clearly hear the boo-birds. Eli commented on it and was pretty straight-forward stating something to the effect of there being a chorus of boos from the fans who are left with the exception of 250-300 ULM fans who are celebrating wildly.

I don't care for it much myself but it's the nature of the game at this level and up. When things are going really bad, and they were for Auburn early and definitely were for UA yesterday, a good many of the fans are going to voice their opinion.

In the South Florida game, there were some boos that came late, basically questioning the late decision not to try and score. In the MSU game, either Cox or the decison to play Cox at that time, was booed loudly.

I was listening to the game yesterday and you could clearly hear the boo-birds. Eli commented on it and was pretty straight-forward stating something to the effect of there being a chorus of boos from the fans who are left with the exception of 250-300 ULM fans who are celebrating wildly.

I don't care for it much myself but it's the nature of the game at this level and up. When things are going really bad, and they were for Auburn early and definitely were for UA yesterday, a good many of the fans are going to voice their opinion.

I do understand where you are coming from, but from my point of view it is a complete disgrace. Aside from the fact that it is complete BS to boo your own team, yesterday was one of the few games this season that it was possible to find reasonable tickets. Many people I know who normally don't take their small children to the games decided to do so yesterday. I would have hated for yesterday to be my son or daughters first Bama game. Getting our arse handed to us by a Sun Belt team was enough for anyone to witness. The lack of common decency displayed yesterday by a large number of fans was completely uncalled for. The only bright spot I've read about from yesterday's game was from the student section. Apparently they gave the ULM players a standing ovation as they left the field after the game. I have no link backing up that absurd claim. Only what I've heard from a number of people.

I do understand where you are coming from, but from my point of view it is a complete disgrace. Aside from the fact that it is complete BS to boo your own team, yesterday was one of the few games this season that it was possible to find reasonable tickets. Many people I know who normally don't take their small children to the games decided to do so yesterday. I would have hated for yesterday to be my son or daughters first Bama game. Getting our arse handed to us by a Sun Belt team was enough for anyone to witness. The lack of common decency displayed yesterday by a large number of fans was completely uncalled for. The only bright spot I've read about from yesterday's game was from the student section. Apparently they gave the ULM players a standing ovation as they left the field after the game. I have no link backing up that absurd claim. Only what I've heard from a number of people.

pardon me if i go ahead and say that's a huge crock of wincrimson unless you show me some proof. sounds phony as hell if you ask me.

The only bright spot I've read about from yesterday's game was from the student section. Apparently they gave the ULM players a standing ovation as they left the field after the game. I have no link backing up that absurd claim. Only what I've heard from a number of people.

I'd sooner believe Nick Saban when stating he's not leaving a head coaching job, or that he only meant to suspend a player for half a game than that.

I was at the UAT game in the student section, and no, there was no form of standing ovation from them to the ULM players.. and I stayed with my (very sane, normal, good) UAT friends until the band was done playing. Everyone around me was talking about how the Iron Bowl is worthless now and how (understandably) mad they were.

When they announced Capps' name in the starting lineups I heard a lot of boos and saw many many people flicking his picture on the screen off. I've never seen anything like it.

I will say this for the UATers though.. when Auburn boo'd Cox it was mostly from the student section. The alums, dean of students, etc had a fit and dealt with it and the next week we were chanting Brandon's name. At UAT, it was the student section that was the best behaved (while there was some booing) and the rest of the stadium was the bad ones. I really feel like this is due to all the sidewalk alumni, and most of the ones that actually have ties to the school are somewhat reasonable. If I was a UAT player I'd be embarrassed to play there, and these statements are coming as unbiased as possible.

Sorry for another longwinded post.

The booing that occurred in the USF game was b/c of a very poor coaching decision. AU got the ball on our own 40 and basically sat on it instead of trying to move into position for a FG, which in that case would have won the game.

uaters gave AU folks fits b/c of that booing...i.e. uaters get it back now!!

Archived