Nick Saban = football's Britney Spears

townhallsavoy

Seems that way lately, doesn't it? The Nick Saban debacle has gotten worse ever since he flirted with leaving for the NFL.

Wait, what? How could that be possible? You meant last December when he flatly denied going to Alabama, right?

No, folks. Saban said he wouldn't take the Miami job and that he was staying at LSU. Then, he went against his word and took the job. Remember? Yeah, thought so. He left LSU for a bigger and better opportunity - five million dollars a year, complete control of an NFL football team, and sunny beaches in Miami. Seemed like a good opportunity. I can't blame him for taking it. I can blame him for ditching LSU and then doing absolutely nothing at Miami. The Nick Saban train started falling off the tracks when his Dolphins lost what little pulse they had left. Ricky Williams lost his mind. Daunte Culpepper was a busted up surgical project. The red challenge flag incident was a gold mine for sports comedians.

Instead of maintaining his focus, the focus that he's known for, Nick Saban bolted from the Dolphins. He promised he wasn't leaving. He had no desire to coach at Alabama. He was building a historical franchise back to prominence. He left. In one of the best examples of a coach lying to his team, organization and media, Nick Saban pulled a Franchione on the Miami Dolphins. Ironically, he landed in T-Town, where Franchione did his deed.

Even on his first day in Tuscaloosa, the circus was rolling. From the media interrupting a president's funeral to the infamous Collette kiss, Nick Saban had turned the state of Alabama upside down. He was proclaimed "The Savior". He was proclaimed the "new sheriff in town". The year was 2000 and Saban.

Then he used the word "coonass." Remember that? He insulted the region he once worked in. He embarassed himself. He looked like a fool.

Then a plane was sent to pick up a recruit.

Then 92,000 people showed up to the A-Day game. (Not a bad thing, but still a media frenzy)

Then Brandon Deadrick headbutted a police car window.

Then Roy Upchurch didn't give a F--- about Nick Saban.

Then Simeon Castille, the good natured leader of the team, got arrested.

Then Saban lost to Les Miles.

Then Bama lost to Miss St.

Then Saban blamed his players.

Then Saban ripped apart the reporters asking simple questions.

Then Saban suspended DJ Hall for a game, but let him play anyway.

Then Bama lost to ULM.

Then Saban blamed his players and Mike Shula.

Then Saban compared the loss to 9-11 and Pearl Harbor.

What's next?

The guy is college football's Britney Spears. I usually don't care about celebrities lives, but now I'm starting to see why the media covers that girl's life so extensively. It's entertaining. It's funny. It's evil, but it makes me feel good.

Dang, I thought you were going to say that he showed his less masculine side while getting out of his car. :big:

Dang, I thought you were going to say that he showed his less masculine side while getting out of his car. :big:

I chortled.

:lmao:

Archived