Houston Nutt out

autigeremt

Houston Nutt, the second-longest tenured football coach in the Southeastern Conference, will not be back at Arkansas next season, sources told ESPN.com on Monday. University officials will make the announcement at a news conference scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET in Fayetteville. The university would not comment on the nature of the announcement, other than to say Nutt, Chancellor John White and outgoing athletic director Frank Broyles will be on hand.

Nutt, who will receive a settlement in the neighborhood of $3.5 million, led the Razorbacks to two SEC championship game appearances.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3128404

Too bad. The LSU win was a classic. I guess it was a case of too little, too late. You know you've got problems when the fans are paying to fly banners around the stadium during the games to get rid of the HC.

Too bad. The LSU win was a classic. I guess it was a case of too little, too late. You know you've got problems when the fans are paying to fly banners around the stadium during the games to get rid of the HC.

If only you read the article...

I find it interesting that they offered him a contract extension after the LSU game and yet he still turned them down. A good move by Nutt? Perhaps. I think he made the smart move because he doesn't have to worry about the Razorback faithful. Plus, I don't know how good he would be without McFadden

From an Auburn point of view, I'm not sorry to see him go. I don't think he was the best coach in the SEC, but he sure wasn't the worst. And he had way more success against Auburn than he should have. I hope Tub can do better against Arkansas with someone else coaching there.

I'm curious to see who the Hogs get to replace him (cue Tub to Arkansas rumors).

Also curious where Nutt ends up. Georgia Tech?

Today in the Register nutt says" Chancellor white and Frank Broyles , they want me here. They want me to stay, "that is a good feeling and I am excited about that"

Nutt said he expected to talk to the new AD later this week. My how fast things change.

Also curious where Nutt ends up. Georgia Tech?

Ole Miss.

The Ole Miss jet is in College Station.

Ole Miss has a jet?

Fran back in the SEC?

Nutt could become the AD at :arky:

Guest Tigrinum Major

Ole Miss has a jet?

Fran back in the SEC?

Frank Broyles' successor has already been hired and has been on campus as an advisor since September. His name is Jeff Long, former AD at Pittsburgh.

Fran is not coming back to the SEC. He will fade away.

Yes, Ole Miss has a jet.

A lot of folks talk poorly of CHN, but I think he is a very good coach. He darn sure could beat ULL with Bama's talent! I think he did a lot with what he had to work with. Consistency was a problem. I think it was too much to have his guys that far "up" for every game. He showed a lot of energy and loved his players. Nutt is a very good coach.

Ole Miss has a jet?

Fran back in the SEC?

Frank Broyles' successor has already been hired and has been on campus as an advisor since September. His name is Jeff Long, former AD at Pittsburgh.

Fran is not coming back to the SEC. He will fade away.

Yes, Ole Miss has a jet.

I just heard Ole Miss from someone in Fayetteville too. Not saying it is true, just heard it from a different direction.

You guys are all wrong. Terry Bowden will be the new Ole Miss coach. :lol:

Well Bowden may coach again or at least put his name out there but it won't be in the SEC

if CHN does actually go to Ole Miss, i think in a few years they will be a good team.

A few years? Where does that put UAT? They already are a good team. They just had a dumb$$$ for a head coach, and the SEC was so strong this year that they just couldnt turn the corner against anybody. If HN went there, they would be good right away. He is one of the best gameday coaches there is (minus throwing the ball on 3rd down vs UAT).

Nutt is not a good coach, that is just some crap spewed by the talking heads becasue they are too lazy to do research. He is nothing more than a cheerleader, his track record with qbs is horrible and his play calling out and out sucked. Ole Miss just fired an idiot, they don't need to hire a moron like Nutt.

Nutt was an good coach. Not a great one...not a bad one

With that said, he will make OM average and maybe bring them to 1-2 SECCG in 6-7 years of coaching....if they keep him that long

Is this "Nutt to Oxford" stuff really a possibility?

I think hiring him would be a huge mistake. Not only does he have an unimpressive resume, he's got a considerable amount of baggage.

"I did not have textual relations with that woman!"

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2007/...ce-resignation/

Nutt out at Arkansas, interested in Rebel vacancy

By Scott Cacciola

Originally published 04:08 p.m., November 26, 2007

Updated 04:08 p.m., November 26, 2007

Houston Nutt, who will announce his resignation as Arkansas’ football coach at a press conference tonight in Fayetteville, has begun negotiating financial terms of a possible agreement to become Ole Miss’ next coach, multiple sources told The Commercial Appeal this afternoon.

Ole Miss fired Ed Orgeron on Saturday after three disappointing seasons, and athletics director Pete Boone hired Chuck Neinas, a well-known college sports consultant, to help assist in the school’s coaching search. But there is mutual interest between Nutt and Ole Miss, according to sources, and a deal could be struck early this week.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2007/...ce-resignation/

Nutt out at Arkansas, interested in Rebel vacancy

By Scott Cacciola

Originally published 04:08 p.m., November 26, 2007

Updated 04:08 p.m., November 26, 2007

Houston Nutt, who will announce his resignation as Arkansas’ football coach at a press conference tonight in Fayetteville, has begun negotiating financial terms of a possible agreement to become Ole Miss’ next coach, multiple sources told The Commercial Appeal this afternoon.

Ole Miss fired Ed Orgeron on Saturday after three disappointing seasons, and athletics director Pete Boone hired Chuck Neinas, a well-known college sports consultant, to help assist in the school’s coaching search. But there is mutual interest between Nutt and Ole Miss, according to sources, and a deal could be struck early this week.

I don't think Nutt would walk away from a 2.4 million dollar offer without something in the works.

Archived