wisconsin

kickinwang

wisconsin accepts bid to outback bowl

Wisconsin will be headed to Florida for the fourth consecutive year, accepting an invitation to play in the Outback Bowl on New Year's Day in Tampa.

The Badgers (9-3), who are ranked No. 18 in the BCS Standings, played in the Capital One Bowl in Orlando the past two seasons and the Outback Bowl in 2003.

"We're absolutely thrilled to be returning to Tampa for the Outback Bowl," Wisconsin Director of Athletics Barry Alvarez said. "It has been a tremendous destination for us the previous three times we have been there. Our players and fans have always enjoyed the Tampa area and everything the bowl brings to the table."

Wisconsin will meet a team from the SEC, which will likely be Auburn or the loser of the SEC title game.

link

That sucks. I was hoping Auburn could play Michigan in the Outback Bowl. I have no interest in playing Wisconsin for the third time in five years, so I guess now we are rooting for a Chik-fil-a bowl invite...

Let's hope for the Chik-fil-a bowl. I'm sick of Wisconsin.

Who would we play in the Chick-Fil-A? Wake Forest? Georgia Tech? Florida State?

From what I've read, it would be Clemson, or Boston College.

I'm sick of Wisconsin. We are gonna have to set up a rivalry with them or schedule a home-and-home before you know it.

I still prefer Outback over Chik-Fil-A because it is a Jan 1 bowl. I live in Atlanta, but will be on a ski trip. I'm already regretting missing the Iron Bowl and if I missed this too... I'd be :banghead:

Who would we play in the Chick-Fil-A? Wake Forest? Georgia Tech? Florida State?

From what I've read, it would be Clemson, or Boston College.

The Chik-fil-A bowl gets the number two pick in the ACC (after the conference champion). BC plays Virginia Tech in their championship game, so our opponent in the Chik-fil-A bowl would likely be the loser of that, Clemson, or possibly Virginia.

I don't see any way the Chik-fil-A bowl would take Wake, Georgia Tech or FSU before those schools...then again, who thought that Mario Williams would be the number one draft pick a few years back? Sometimes people mess up their picks...

Archived