Serious ? for our rival fans...

Fmnstr

do you guys notice how much negative press :au: gets through just about all channels? auburn is vilified by just about every network that has to mention us, or is just flat-out ignored. i'd really like to know, are we just paranoid, or is it actually noticeable how little positivity there is about auburn in today's sports media?

for example, i was unaware chaz ramsey had the physical prowess to drop to a knee and cause LSU to lose two whole football games, cause an unrelated injury to dorsey, and ruin their national title hopes. just think what he could do if he actually did it on purpose! whew, glad the kid plays for us!

where the hell does this stuff come from, and why are we (fairly) consistently the "bad guy" in sports media? don't take this as a whine, i'm just seriously curious.

Loaded question here ^.

Everyone thinks they get vilified - bama fans are convinced it's the medias agenda to destroy their program.

I really dont think your gonna get much support from rival fans here, though I do agree with you.

Loaded question here ^.

Everyone thinks they get vilified - bama fans are convinced it's the medias agenda to destroy their program.

I really dont think your gonna get much support from rival fans here, though I do agree with you.

bammer's negative press is almost totally centered around saban. we've got jetgate, ramseygate, arkygate, talking heads consistently downplaying us, other talking heads predicting huge blowouts in games we obviously have a great shot in (because we win or get very close to winning them), but then consistently pump other teams up by saying they beat us. i just can't get a handle on what the deal is with the outright overlooking and insulting of auburn football by the national media. this year, we deserve to be overlooked, but sometimes i just really have to wonder where some of these opinions come from.

does it have to do with old guard mentality from some of these crusty announcers? in the glory days of the bammers, we were surely the "bad guy" because we were trying to ruin their wonderful stranglehold on football. does it drag over from that? is it tubby's badmouthing of espn? is it the whole espn lawsuit deal (which may have been exaggerated to me over the course of time)? i'm just really curious as to how quickly we get turned on and how hard we're ridden about things like the one play in the lsu game. why is dorsey not followed around by his throat punching escapade? why are the bammers not mocked for their lack of discipline?

"AUBURN'S NOT ANY GOOD!"

Alabama gets just as much. Maybe more.

Florida avoids it because culturally, they don't fit in the SEC. LSU avoids it because Les(s) is a Yankee and the national media sees them as "victims" of Nick and Katrina. Meanwhile, the Mississippi schools, Kentucky, South Carolina, and Arkansas aren't consistently good enough to warrant attention.

The media has an obvious hatred for both of our schools. They erroneously think that our state is a backward place, and will do whatever they can to see that we're not the kings of anything.

Alabama gets just as much. Maybe more.

Florida avoids it because culturally, they don't fit in the SEC. LSU avoids it because Les(s) is a Yankee and the national media sees them as "victims" of Nick and Katrina. Meanwhile, the Mississippi schools, Kentucky, South Carolina, and Arkansas aren't consistently good enough to warrant attention.

The media has an obvious hatred for both of our schools. They erroneously think that our state is a backward place, and will do whatever they can to see that we're not the kings of anything.

half the people in sports announcing think auburn is in georgia, so i don't know if i buy that. decent guess, though.

Archived