Battle Cry/Chants

jw 4 au

And all this talk about the toughest mascot brings up a good idea. FOX should do a mascot death match reality show. That would end the discussion right there. Mike Vick can host... (that was a joke. I don't want anyone to rat me out to PETA)

Reminds me on JOX when they do the March Madness mascot tournament. They said it was better to pick the winner when Alabama and UAB weren't in the tourney... Elephants and Dragon's tended to win. Despite it being a generic mascot, other than bulldog, tigers are probably one of the single toughest animals on the planet.

This thread took a nose dive.

I just hate it when the school spells their name in a cheer. I don't mind it when we spell BAMA, may schools do a small spell. At the FSU game, the whole time they'd go... (spelling mind you) F L O R I D A ST A TE! (not spelling) Florida State, Florida State (really gay/like tennessee gay) woooooo!

Tigers have been known to take down an elephant. Documented video on Animal Planet. Elephant vs. pig/boar/whatever you want to call it in the wild, elephant stomps it. Hard to argue with beating a dragon, flame out of nostrils and all that!! Wonder were a Fighting Blue Hen (Delaware) would play in that tourney? who has michigan looking helmets :blink:

Fifteen years ago, I was in Palo Alto on business and was invited to a Stanford game. Their patter during the game kind of went like this...

"So anyway, we were having lunch when this guy really dropped bombshell, saying he was going to send his contract to a different lawyer, just to make sure that the intellectual property rights were....Hey, what's the score? We're ahead? Cool...anyway, so here we are, about to go into Beta testing for Chrissakes, and I'm about to go postal when...Who has the ball? What yard line...Jerry gets this call from the office saying that if we go through another round of lawyers then the deals off and...Hey, touchdown, sweet!...And we make it a quick lunch, tell them take it or leave it, and they don't even pick up the tab. Is that crazy or what?"

Guys, I have to say that once you have been in Arkansas' stadium and seen them do the hog call live in the pre-game..... you would not think it was so silly.

It is actually pretty cool. I was actually shocked at how cool it was, and it is LOOOOOOUD when everybody in that stadium gets up and does that as loud as they can.

Just sayin.

I saw Bill Clinton call the hogs at an Arkansas basketball game back in the day. True story. Was kind of funny thinking "there is the leader of the free world yelling about a pig." It was before all the scandals broke, so it didn't occur to me that he was trying to rustle up a date w/ a big girl.

During a football or basketball game, the "Wooo Pig Sooie" is pretty cool. In an airport it would be weird, whereas I never mind giving someone a big "War Eagle!"

My least favorite chant:

"WWBD--What Would Bear Do?"

(Okay, they don't yell it at games... they just eat, sleep, breath and seemingly pleasure themselves to it... )

It was before all the scandals broke, so it didn't occur to me that he [bill Clinton] was trying to rustle up a date w/ a big girl.

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Guys, I have to say that once you have been in Arkansas' stadium and seen them do the hog call live in the pre-game..... you would not think it was so silly.

It is actually pretty cool. I was actually shocked at how cool it was, and it is LOOOOOOUD when everybody in that stadium gets up and does that as loud as they can.

Just sayin.

Ive been there and seen it/heard it. The only thing I thought was that it was gay and annoying. I think even the Arkansas fans are kinda embarrassed when they do it.

Just sayin.

Ive been there and seen it/heard it. The only thing I thought was that it was gay and annoying. I think even the Arkansas fans are kinda embarrassed when they do it.

I think the whole motion the male cheerleaders do is the gayest part of it all. I've seen it to. Not impressed. The bowing the LSU fans do was cool. I like when Florida sings "We old boys of Florida" and everyone sways. Calling the hogs wasn't cool. It was in unison, that was the only thing remotely cool about it. Plus, I didn't think the bleachers thrown up on top of the stadium like an afterthought was all that classy.

The most interesting chant I've ever heard is done by students at a small OVC school in Clarksville, Tn. called Austin Peay State Univ. "Let's go Peay" No wonder it is still a small school!

:au:

The most interesting chant I've ever heard is done by students at a small OVC school in Clarksville, Tn. called Austin Peay State Univ. "Let's go Peay" No wonder it is still a small school!

:au:

Austin Peay is the alma mater of former NBA star James "Fly" Williams. When Williams ruled the court back in the 70's the students there would chant "Unzip the Fly, Let's go Peay."

1. Hook 'em Horns - Of course, these days its more like "Book 'em" Horns :) - along with the hand sign is pretty cool; It was also pretty cool to see Houston Nutt do it upside down

2. Gig 'em. Pretty gay - of course, I don't expect much out of school that likes the nickname Aggies

3. Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk - Pretty cool

4. Boomer Sooner - Hate it!! Oklahoma is a dust bowl w/ more trash sittin around than a NYC dump

Archived