Rivals ranking: 19 to 15

aubiescottie

In all fairness...uat can tell kids "You can start for us from day one". Threy NEED a lot more "help" and SOME kids really want to start as freshman. A bad situation for all concerned as a general rule.

spin city...............All I hear is how great the Auburn coaches are at evaluating talent. You had an advantage recruiting against Shula. Not anymore. You think Tubby is a better talent evaluator than Nick Saban???? That is laughable. Look at LSU. There is talent all over the field for them. All recruited by Nick Saban. You say, "Recruiting doesn't matter." That is laughable. I would take being in the top 10 in recruiting every year versus not, all day long. Just ask Southern Cal and LSU. They are at or near the top every year. Talent will win ballgames.

Keep hoping for the future. The present is too painful for you to live in. It is what it is.

No, the present is just fine. Presently, we are at #2 on Rivals and #4 on Scout. I will take that any day.... :big:

Is it really? So you're happy with 6-6? Outstanding. only a uater could pimp a recruiting class and think its automatically gonna make a difference. These rankings mean NOTHING. Until those players get on the field, (assuming they qualify), they are nothing but potential. Embrace the potential. Embrace the HOPE that they will help your mediocre program. Everybody with any football knowledge knows, that this one class isn't going to save your program. How many of these players will actually qualify and how many will uat have to change their grades to make them qualify? Everybody knows the potential is equally as good for some of them to never even see the field as it is for them to be contributors. continue to embrace the POTENTIAL, but don't come back making excuses when/if this POTENTIAL fails to produce wins on the field.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets just say for example, that Bammer's recruiting class is good! What Auburn did with their freshman linemen is almost unprecedented in that they were obviously not only talented but were mature as well. Usually it takes freshmen at least 1-2 years to develop, particularly in the skill positions and the "O" line. Given that fact, it's highly unlikely that Bammer's recruits will have an impact on their won-loss record for over a year or so. Sure, the prospect that 2-3 players will come in a make an immediate impact is likely but probably no more than that. Then, Sabear has to get them to BUY into his system and eliminate the rebellion and lbehavior problems some of th em seem to have to be highly successful. I doubt that the Bammers are that patient..... in any event, our well was far from dry and we have some very talented and well coached players waiting in the wings in addition to the mature, talented and well coached players he will sign this year. Dream on Bammers!

Archived