Julio might be visiting AU

boyjeddah

Something about not liking ice cream...............

So RWS why did julio get kicked off the basketball team, since you are so close to him???

i never said that i was so close to him, i just have an extremely good source in the program. that person happens to be out of town and isn't sure, but said he wouldn't be surprised if he was kicked off due to lack of effort. JJ and Robert Lester are pretty scared of injury and JJ is sorta banged up anyways and neither have been putting alot of effort in from what he said. the BBall coach feels they care more about football than the basketball team and doesn't think its fair to the team, blah blah blah.

If he does plan to visit you guys....try not to forget about him again.

I'll forget about him. After his comments about leaving early, being kicked off the b-ball team, I don't want him on our team. As ssq said in another thread, I think that even though he is an awesome athelete, he will be nothing but cancer to a program, starts somewhere and even after you think it's gone it'll pop up and get you down again.

I live in wonderful memphis, tn right now (I really hate this town I'm leaving as soon as I can) but I have a different perspective based on the city's college basketball team the memphis tigers. Because of the NBA age rule high school players that would go straight to the college draft get stuck playing college basketball for a year. Now what does that have to do with Julio Jones. First of all if we get 3 years out of him he makes big catches we win games the crowd goes wild then by all means go chase that money in the nfl because the average career of an NFLer is 3 years. We can't expect him to stay all four years if he is that good. But here is the thing you can't make that determination at this point. He could rack up injuries (I'm not hoping that he gets injured, but freak things happen) or he might not be able to adjust to the differences in the college game. Heck he looks like an awesome high school player and I'd love to have him even if its just for 3 years.

I live in wonderful memphis, tn right now (I really hate this town I'm leaving as soon as I can) but I have a different perspective based on the city's college basketball team the memphis tigers. Because of the NBA age rule high school players that would go straight to the college draft get stuck playing college basketball for a year. Now what does that have to do with Julio Jones. First of all if we get 3 years out of him he makes big catches we win games the crowd goes wild then by all means go chase that money in the nfl because the average career of an NFLer is 3 years. We can't expect him to stay all four years if he is that good. But here is the thing you can't make that determination at this point. He could rack up injuries (I'm not hoping that he gets injured, but freak things happen) or he might not be able to adjust to the differences in the college game. Heck he looks like an awesome high school player and I'd love to have him even if its just for 3 years.

I'm not saying that he doesn't have the talent to leave for the NFL in three years. From what it sounds like, if anybody could make the jump, he could. However, there's something about a guy who hasn't even graduated high school assuming that he is good enough, that sort of makes you think this guy is something less than a team player.

I'm not saying that he doesn't have the talent to leave for the NFL in three years. From what it sounds like, if anybody could make the jump, he could. However, there's something about a guy who hasn't even graduated high school assuming that he is good enough, that sort of makes you think this guy is something less than a team player.

yeah, it couldn't have anything to do with virtually every coach in college football telling him he is that good. i guess kids aren't allowed to have a plan or dreams in life anymore. unless previously approved by you, of course.

yeah, it couldn't have anything to do with virtually every coach in college football telling him he is that good. i guess kids aren't allowed to have a plan or dreams in life anymore. unless previously approved by you, of course.

Yeah...and all the kids that play And 1 basketball think they are going pro too...they are all just keeping it real!

Archived