Anyone listening to ESPN post game?

auburnu008

Man, Corso is just down right angry. I am not saying that with SEC glasses on either. LSU hands them a beat down and they are STILL talking USC up as the best team. WTF do you have to do? Fowler is taking away from the win too. Herbie is the only one who said LSU is the national champs. Is 7-2 in the bowl games not good enough for them?

Man, Corso is just down right angry. I am not saying that with SEC glasses on either. LSU hands them a beat down and they are STILL talking USC up as the best team. WTF do you have to do? Fowler is taking away from the win too. Herbie is the only one who said LSU is the national champs. Is 7-2 in the bowl games not good enough for them?

Dumb and dumber.

It'll never be good enough.

They all picked Ohio St to win.

Next season, they'll pick against the SEC again.

Was it my imagination or did Corso say in the pregame that if he were Ken Dorsey he would take a dive so he wouldn't get hurt and mess up his pro career?

Surely these guys have an agenda other than to just look stupid. By bringing out USC, etc., they may be pushing for a playoff. They also have to "stir the pot" to keep and gain market share.

I'm not at all certain about this, but they may be following an "ESPN gameplan." Otherwise, yeah, they're idiots.

Part of their point was that you can't say LSU is a true, undisputed champion this year. However, their point was lost because they were frothing at the mouth trying to say "USC" as many times as possible. It killed me how they left out UGA until the last few seconds, and they didn't even mention WVU at all.

Part of their point was that you can't say LSU is a true, undisputed champion this year. However, their point was lost because they were frothing at the mouth trying to say "USC" as many times as possible. It killed me how they left out UGA until the last few seconds, and they didn't even mention WVU at all.

How many years have we had the BCS? And how many times has it "worked" to put the "best 2 teams" together?

I only recall one game that was not a lopsided contest.

I guess it only works when the team that ESPN wants wins the game?

USC can bring their argument to the table in a year that they don't lose to STANFORD and Oregon.

Exactly!!!! But they don't want to bring that up. And where was the out cry from these Bozos when we were left out in 04'? <_<

Herbie said talentwise, the Big 10 was somewhere between the MAC and C-USA. He quickly started backtracking when his buddies jumped him for the statement.

There we go with people not listening to what people say. This is what makes writers / announcers look bad from a fans perspective is because the fans don't actually hear or read what they actually say or write. I'm not saying you are a person that doesn't listen at all, but this is very common amongst sports fans.

Herbie CLEARLY stated two or three times that it is a National PERSPECTIVE that the Big 10 is between CUSA and the MAC, but that he "doesn't agree." He said he thinks they are at the bottom of the BCS conferences, but that the nation looks at the Big 10 as being between those two conferences.

Herbie said talentwise, the Big 10 was somewhere between the MAC and C-USA. He quickly started backtracking when his buddies jumped him for the statement.

There we go with people not listening to what people say. This is what makes writers / announcers look bad from a fans perspective is because the fans don't actually hear or read what they actually say or write. I'm not saying you are a person that doesn't listen at all, but this is very common amongst sports fans.

Herbie CLEARLY stated two or three times that it is a National PERSPECTIVE that the Big 10 is between CUSA and the MAC, but that he "doesn't agree." He said he thinks they are at the bottom of the BCS conferences, but that the nation looks at the Big 10 as being between those two conferences.

National Perspective is usually a lot more accurate than Herbie and his munchkin friend.

I don't think the Big 11 is at the bottom of BCS conferences in terms of talent. I think they are 2nd. But I think it's a huge gap between 1 and 2.

Big 12 sucked this year as evidenced by KU's 12-1 record...having only played 1 ranked team until the bowl game.

Pac10 is really USC and everybody else. Cal wasn't even good this year. Oregon folded like a tent after Dixon went down.

I don't think the Big 11 is at the bottom of BCS conferences in terms of talent. I think they are 2nd. But I think it's a huge gap between 1 and 2.

Big 12 sucked this year as evidenced by KU's 12-1 record...having only played 1 ranked team until the bowl game.

Pac10 is really USC and everybody else. Cal wasn't even good this year. Oregon folded like a tent after Dixon went down.

I actually think the Pac 10 and Big 12 are right up there with the Big 10. You say Oregon folded like a tent, but what would have happened if Fla lost Tebow? Fla would have lost 5 or 6 games at least. Tebow was to Fla what defense was to Auburn.

The Big 10 was basically OSU, Wisc, Mich and Illinois. The Pac 10 was USC(who I think would whip any of those teams regardless of what anyone thinks) Oregon, and ASU, with a couple teams crowding the field behind them. And the Big 12 was Kansas of all people, Mizzou, :puke: Texas, and Oklahoma. I think these 3 conferences are kind of a jumbled 2a, 2b, and 2c. With the ACC and Big East being a tie for 5th.

BUT....the gap between those three in second and the SEC is big. It showed last night for the second year in a row.

And say what you will about USC, but they are as good as any team in the SEC. I haven't been brainwashed by ESPN, but when they are 100%, like they were against Illinois, they are very, very tough. I think if they played LSU or uga 10 times, it would end up 5 and 5 for both.

How did Bammer do?

At least we did our part for the league and won our bowl game. Dissapointing season aside, we still finished with a W and helped the SEC notch that 7-2 record.

And Defense(clap clap), I agree with you about SC. Problem is, they get the benefit of playing in a soft league.

Archived