Hood Commits

RunInRed

I like guys who have always wanted to be an Auburn Tiger. You know their heart is in the right place. Plus he shares the late development genes with Hood.

I may be way behind, but is D'Antoine kin to Roderick Hood? If I remember correctly, Roderick was from Columbus somehwere.

Cousin.

It was in one of the premium articles.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care one bit about the guy's height. I don't hear too much noise about Rod Hood's 5 feet and 9 inches while he's balling in the NFL. He's started for the Eagles and the Cardinals since graduating from Auburn. If you can play, the height thing doesn't matter as much. Jerraud Powers is short, but he's gonna be our top guy next year (Pat Lee had the best season this year).

I'm looking forward to having another Hood. I hope he's as good as the first, but there WE!! is right, zero percent chance the guy has a 50" vertical. He's 68" tall; you really think he can flat foot jump to his arm pit?

I like guys who have always wanted to be an Auburn Tiger. You know their heart is in the right place. Plus he shares the late development genes with Hood.

I may be way behind, but is D'Antoine kin to Roderick Hood? If I remember correctly, Roderick was from Columbus somehwere.

Former Tiger Roderick Hood was asked about his nephew, D’Antoine Hood, who is Auburn’s newest commitment. Roderick said he has no doubts that the cornerback will be a good player in the SEC.

I don't care one bit about the guy's height. I don't hear too much noise about Rod Hood's 5 feet and 9 inches while he's balling in the NFL. He's started for the Eagles and the Cardinals since graduating from Auburn. If you can play, the height thing doesn't matter as much. Jerraud Powers is short, but he's gonna be our top guy next year (Pat Lee had the best season this year).

I'm looking forward to having another Hood. I hope he's as good as the first, but there WE!! is right, zero percent chance the guy has a 50" vertical. He's 68" tall; you really think he can flat foot jump to his arm pit?

He said he's working toward a 50 inch vertical. If that's his goal, I imagine the kid can jump like a grasshopper already. I know it says 36 inches, but who knows when that was taken the last time. I imagine if someone was "working toward" 50 inches, their current would be higher than 36.

Barry Sanders is 5'8".

Darrell Green is 5'8".

Zach Thomas is 5'11"

Sam Mills (one of my all time favorites RIP) was 5'9".

London Fletcher is 5'10".

On the other hand...

Brian Bosworth - 6'2"

Andy Katzenmoyer - 6'3"

Keith McCants - 6'3"

So what's the problem?

If the dude can ball.....the dude can ball.

Switching to basketball here but I believe Sir Charles would have to stand on a stool to get up to 6'5". Stood next to him many times at Auburn. (Yes, I am that old :big: ) Bottom line, he could hang with any big man in the league because he could jump like crazy and he knew how to position himself and move people out etc.

Doesn't matter if this kid is 5'9". If he showed the coaches first hand that he can get it done, that's why they offered him.

I was reading some stuff on Rivals about him... seems solid. But he did say that he got the offer during the game last night. Isn't that during the dead period? It would only be a secondary offense, but I haven't heard much else about it.

Nice try, but the offer was more than likely made by phone which would not be an offense. Coaches cannot meet in person during a dead period, but they can contact the student by phone or mail.

13.02.4.4 Dead Period.

A dead period is that period of time when it is not permissible to make in-person recruiting contacts or evaluations on or off the member institution's campus or to permit official or unofficial visits by prospective student-athletes to the institution's campus. The provision of complimentary admissions to a prospective student-athlete during a dead period is prohibited, except as provided in Bylaw 13.7.2.5 for a prospective student-athlete who visits an institution as part of a group. During such a dead period, a coaching staff member may not serve as a speaker at or attend a meeting or banquet at which prospective student-athletes are in attendance, except as provided in Bylaw 13.1.9.1, and may not visit the prospective student-athletes' educational institutions. It remains permissible, however, for an institutional staff member to write or telephone prospective student-athletes during such a dead period.

I was reading some stuff on Rivals about him... seems solid. But he did say that he got the offer during the game last night. Isn't that during the dead period? It would only be a secondary offense, but I haven't heard much else about it.

Nice try, but the offer was more than likely made by phone which would not be an offense. Coaches cannot meet in person during a dead period, but they can contact the student by phone or mail.

13.02.4.4 Dead Period.

A dead period is that period of time when it is not permissible to make in-person recruiting contacts or evaluations on or off the member institution's campus or to permit official or unofficial visits by prospective student-athletes to the institution's campus. The provision of complimentary admissions to a prospective student-athlete during a dead period is prohibited, except as provided in Bylaw 13.7.2.5 for a prospective student-athlete who visits an institution as part of a group. During such a dead period, a coaching staff member may not serve as a speaker at or attend a meeting or banquet at which prospective student-athletes are in attendance, except as provided in Bylaw 13.1.9.1, and may not visit the prospective student-athletes' educational institutions. It remains permissible, however, for an institutional staff member to write or telephone prospective student-athletes during such a dead period.

OH SNAP! YOU GOT ME SHERLOCK! I wasn't making a big deal about it. I didn't know you could call and offer during the time period. Pfffft, nice try.

He's working on his vertical and plans on topping out about 50". He looks really solid... might be able to hit hard enough to separate WR's from their shoes and the ball.

Did you just say the dudes verticle jump will top out at 50".....ummmm, no. I believe that as much as I believe JJ can squat 500 lbs.

btw, you might want to tell Don'ta Hightower he can't squat 500 lbs either. and while you're at it, let Sparq know that somebody that only benches 285 can't squat 500. their personnel must have been wrong.

is he even going to qualify? he has a 2.53 GPA.

He got a 36 on the ACT though...

i really hope you are joking about that. if not, seeing as how Barrett Jones has a 4.7 GPA in high school and made a 30 on his ACT.....i highly doubt somebody with a 2.53 GPA made a 36.

Isn't a 36 the highest you can make on the ACT? I didn't make that if you added my 2 scores together.

Having a daughter who just took the ACT and having looked at scholarships and the things available, I would tell you that if this, or any kid makes a 36, no need to waste a football scholly on the guy....he's gettin' a full ride anyway.

He's working on his vertical and plans on topping out about 50". He looks really solid... might be able to hit hard enough to separate WR's from their shoes and the ball.

Did you just say the dudes verticle jump will top out at 50".....ummmm, no. I believe that as much as I believe JJ can squat 500 lbs.

btw, you might want to tell Don'ta Hightower he can't squat 500 lbs either. and while you're at it, let Sparq know that somebody that only benches 285 can't squat 500. their personnel must have been wrong.

Don'ta...oh yeah....me and Don'ta are tight. He told me it was all a lie to make me look bad...he is such a joker...

But seriously...this dude is a LB, weighs 250lbs, can not jump as high nor is as fast. And he squats less than what JJ (supposedly) squats...

i really hope you are joking about that. if not, seeing as how Barrett Jones has a 4.7 GPA in high school and made a 30 on his ACT.....i highly doubt somebody with a 2.53 GPA made a 36.

So, you are saying just because he doesn't have good grades, that means he can't score high on the ACT? So, if I have a 2.7, what did I make? Is there a ratio that is right? I remember I made a 30 on the ACT and didn't even try...I was uber smart and studied for it though. All the while I only had a 2.7 in high school because my teacher didn't like me....

What is the right ratio????

So, you are saying just because he doesn't have good grades, that means he can't score high on the ACT? So, if I have a 2.7, what did I make? Is there a ratio that is right? I remember I made a 30 on the ACT and didn't even try...I was uber smart and studied for it though. All the while I only had a 2.7 in high school because my teacher didn't like me....

A 2.7 GPA places you in the 411-432 lb. maximum squat range. Add 5-7 pounds if you factor in a teacher who didn't like you.

A 2.7 GPA places you in the 411-432 lb. maximum squat range. Add 5-7 pounds if you factor in a teacher who didn't like you.

Yes, but if you have a gracious counselor who will allow you to try the squat max 4 times, you can raise it up to 500lb with some bonus points.

Yes, but if you have a gracious counselor who will allow you to try the squat max 4 times, you can raise it up to 500lb with some bonus points.

Extra credit and bonus points are only allowed at Hoover.

and we're all a little bit dumber for reading your post.

You must not be, you didn't answer his question. What is the right ratio????

HAHAHAHA...you thought people were on your side..... :roflol:

gee, i don't know. please enlighten me.

gee, i don't know. please enlighten me.

Silly RWS

*ruffles RWS hair and sends him on his way*

Archived