According to

AUman43

prospects we are still after and in the mix for:

With signing day two weeks away, here is a look at 10 other prospects still being seriously recruited by Auburn and the schools they are considering:

Freddie Smooth, DL, 6-5, 300, Desire Street Academy, Baton Rouge, La. Auburn, Oklahoma or LSU.

Marcel Dareus, DL, 6-4, 275, Huffman. Auburn, Alabama, North Carolina, Arkansas, Clemson, Florida or Tennessee.

Antoine McClain, OL, 6-6, 313, Anniston. Auburn, Clemson, LSU or Alabama.

Jerrell Harris, LB, 6-3, 215, Gadsden City. Auburn, Alabama, USC, Clemson, Florida, Florida State or LSU.

Neiko Lipscomb, DB, 6-1, 170, Tucker, Ga. Auburn or Georgia.

William Green, LB, 6-5, 208, Spain Park. Auburn, Florida, Clemson, Alabama or Tennessee.

Robert Quinn, DE, 6-4, 255, North Charleston, S.C. Auburn, Alabama or North Carolina.

Jomarcus Savage, DE, 6-3, 270, Johnson-Huntsville. Auburn, South Carolina or Tennessee.

LaRon Byrd, WR, 6-3, 210, Boutte, La. Auburn, Miami, Mississippi State or Nebraska.

Andre Wadley, DE, 6-3, 255, Hernando, Miss. Auburn, Mississippi State or Tennessee.

Do you guys know any more that we stand a solid chance for? If so, please list. I noticed that Julio is missing. (no real surprise)

Julio is down to FSU, OU and UAT. From what I have heard, it is in that order.

Also, I think if Auburn were to get Marcel Dareus they would also most likely get his brother.

Enrique Davis also looks to be back in the mix, but what chance Auburn has is anybody's guess.

Whats the deal with Freddie Smooth? I mean its down to Auburn, Oklahoma, and LSU...those are 3 big time schools. Why such a low rating from the recruiting services?

Whats the deal with Freddie Smooth? I mean its down to Auburn, Oklahoma, and LSU...those are 3 big time schools. Why such a low rating from the recruiting services?

LSU has not offered.

Last I read it was us with a slight lead over OU.

What in the "wide world of sports" is going on? I just noticed that we now have 4 "soft verbals" including Forston. According to Rivals, we are now in a battle with FSU for him. I hope this recruiting year doesn't disintegrate before our eyes instead of us closing strong. Come on Tubs! :cheer:

What in the "wide world of sports" is going on? I just noticed that we now have 4 "soft verbals" including Forston. According to Rivals, we are now in a battle with FSU for him. I hope this recruiting year doesn't disintegrate before our eyes instead of us closing strong. Come on Tubs! :cheer:

I'm not overly concerned, Tubs saves his in-home visits for the end so he is the last person the recruits see.

Auburn needs McClain and Harris the most. The OL and LB situations are only a few season-long injuries away from being a desperate situation.

I know, I know, the OL is stocked with young talent, but Auburn did have 3 true freshmen beat out the more experienced players last year. If those 3 were injured, where would Auburn be? Jermaine Johnson is a super lineman, but he needs some company/competition.

Tuberville needs to bring Davis and Fortson solidly back into the fold too. I know things get nerve-racking this time of year, but these two have been long-time commits. I know FSU, Ole Miss, etc are promising them the moon, but Tuberville needs to remind them why they originally commited to Auburn.

I thought Fortson was already enrolled at AU.

I also read on the E. Davis thread, that Tubbs was out of in home visits for this class.

I thought Fortson was already enrolled at AU.

I also read on the E. Davis thread, that Tubbs was out of in home visits for this class.

I took the comment on the ED thread to mean CTT had no more in-home visits left for Enrique, not for the whole class. But I could be interpreting things wrong. Does the NCAA even place limits on how many people a coach can visit, i.e., how many total visits per class? I thought they only limited the number of visits to one particular recruit, not how many total prospects a coach can visit if he has the time.

Personally, with regard to recruiting, I don't think there's a big difference among any of the teams ranked in the top 10-15 nationally (...and we're in that top group). Once you get into that upper echelon of talent, it's coaching & other intangibles that make a difference on the field, IMO. Likewise, I don't think any single recruiting year makes or breaks champions. It takes several years' classes to establish a team's personality and performance level, and several years to develop the depth needed to compete with the best of the BCS.

Likewise, I don't worry too much what one recruit means...even if superman. Julio Jones is a phenomenal talent, but he won't make or break a team singlehandedly. Tebow is also a phenomenon, but he doesn't carry Florida singlehandedly. McFadden was an equally exceptional talent, but he couldn't make up for Arkansas's other deficits in talent, depth, & coaching to ever get the Hogs into MNC contention.

Archived