Patrick Trahan commits to Ole Miss

TigerDevil

Rebels add former Tiger Patrick Trahan

Linebacker Patrick Trahan is set to play for Mississippi over Auburn, Oklahoma State, and LSU, after spending some time at Northwest Mississippi (Senatobia) Community College, the Press-Register reports.

He said of the decision, "I just think Ole Miss is the best place for me and it is a great opportunity for me to help a new program."

He said of the decision, "I just think Ole Miss is the best place for me and it is a great opportunity for me to help a new program."

Translation: This is a great opportunity for me to do whatever I want and still get to play.

Rebels add former Tiger Patrick Trahan

Linebacker Patrick Trahan is set to play for Mississippi over Auburn, Oklahoma State, and LSU, after spending some time at Northwest Mississippi (Senatobia) Community College, the Press-Register reports.

New program? New coaching staff, but not program. Hope he likes losing.

Why was he an Auburn tiger before? was he one of ya'll commitments for this year?

Two years ago, then he ran into academic difficulties and went the JUCO route for a year.

Why was he an Auburn tiger before? was he one of ya'll commitments for this year?

He along with Pat Sims was the defensive players of the game in the Cotton Bowl against Nebraska. He was the best LB during the spring but flunked out after the semester. He had a chance to improve his grades enough to enroll back in AU this semester. He didn't get the work done and I doubt he ever will. There was also some talk that he was going to make himself eligible for the NFL draft. Great LB, bad student

Congratulations Patrick. Enjoy losing to your old teammates.

Patrick Trahan wanted to come back to Auburn, and he would have been back at Auburn had he gotten the grades he needed. He is at no fault in this situation.

Patrick Trahan wanted to come back to Auburn, and he would have been back at Auburn had he gotten the grades he needed. He is at no fault in this situation.

so.......no accountability for not keeping his grades up. Who's fault is this? :blink:

so.......no accountability for not keeping his grades up. Who's fault is this? :blink:

Sorry that not everyone is a grade A student. Trahan is just not a very good student. Not everyone is cut out for college.

My post was directed more at the fact that I've seen a ton of people jump to conclusions and bash Trahan without knowledge of the situation. He didn't "betray" anyone. He wanted to come back, and he didn't make it. That is why he is going to Ole Miss.

How is it that he doesn't have the grades for Auburn but he does for Ole Miss...another SEC school? That makes no sense.

He doesn't have the grades for Ole Miss. If he plays for Ole Miss next year I'll be completely shocked. There was a rumor floating around that the only shot AU had of resigning him was if got his work done and enrolled early. I don't know why that was the case. Metafour might be able to give us more details...

How is it that he doesn't have the grades for Auburn but he does for Ole Miss...another SEC school? That makes no sense.

The coaching staff told Trahan that if he wanted to come back to Auburn he would need to be back in at Christmas so that he would be available to participate in spring practice. He didn't have the grades to get in so we decided to move on without him. He wont be able to get into Ole Miss until next year, but they appear to be willing to let him come in whenever he can.

Trahan is only listed as a 3* for Ole Miss. I thought he was like a high 4* before he committed to them. Did he drop because we were out of the picture?

Trahan was 3 star with the 2005 signing class. Another big LB signee of that class was Alonzo Horton (also from New Orleans). Both are now gone, so that should explain some of the depth issues AU has at LB. The stud LB recruit of the class was Tray Blackmon.

Speaking of the 2005 class that went JUCO, anybody know what happened to Rex Sharpe?

Trahan is only listed as a 3* for Ole Miss. I thought he was like a high 4* before he committed to them. Did he drop because we were out of the picture?

Trahan was 3 star with the 2005 signing class. Another big LB signee of that class was Alonzo Horton (also from New Orleans). Both are now gone, so that should explain some of the depth issues AU has at LB. The stud LB recruit of the class was Tray Blackmon.

Speaking of the 2005 class that went JUCO, anybody know what happened to Rex Sharpe?

We did not reopen his recruitment. He's committed to Minnesota.

Archived