Harbin picks the Tide!!!

Legionfield

Look, the kid has not had time yet to be totally desensitized to everything outside of Tuscaloosa. Once he gets a little older, good smack like that will only get a "12 National Championships" rebuttal. Now, what fun is that? We've got to get you folks while you're young enough to comprehend a good crack. :big:

Now that you mention it, the 1st grader obviously initiated the confrontation. I'm just glad the guy didn't call the kid a poopie-head or anything like that.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look, the kid has not had time yet to be totally desensitized to everything outside of Tuscaloosa. Once he gets a little older, good smack like that will only get a "12 National Championships" rebuttal. Now, what fun is that? We've got to get you folks while you're young enough to comprehend a good crack. :big:

Now that you mention it, the 1st grader obviously initiated the confrontation. I'm just glad the guy didn't call the kid a poopie-head or anything like that.

or compare the confrontation to Pearl Harbor or maybe even 9-11. B)

Question for the bammer fans on here. How many of this years class are going to be sign and place? God knows we have a bunch, but I haven't heard of any sure to be s&p guys in the UA class.

Honest question, not meant to stir the crap pot.

None at this point.

We have a commit or two that needs some work, but all are expected to qualify.

Just another 4 star, yawn..... Alonzo Lawrence will hopefully pick the Tide tommorrow..... :thumbsup:

Great pick-up for us, very unclassy post and attitude.. :thumbsdown:

Wasn't trying to be "unclassy"....I'm just pumped about our class. I would have to be dumb to think that immediately changes anything on the field. It is just funny that with Saban's recruiting, we have started to expect 4 and 5 stars, hence the yawn. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers......

Crossed that out for you since that is exactly what you were trying to do.

Question for the bammer fans on here. How many of this years class are going to be sign and place? God knows we have a bunch, but I haven't heard of any sure to be s&p guys in the UA class.

None at this point.

Is there a rule about only having 25 players on scholarship per class? If that is true, what will happen? You already have 27 and should get a few more. Is this where "gray shirts" come into play? I'm not even exactly sure what that means. But I know Bama is famous for it.

None at this point.

Is there a rule about only having 25 players on scholarship per class? If that is true, what will happen? You already have 27 and should get a few more. Is this where "gray shirts" come into play? I'm not even exactly sure what that means. But I know Bama is famous for it.

I'm not sure about grey shirts, but I've heard a few rumors that some players may pay their own way into college the first year and take a scholly next year. I also think Wesley Neighbors will be on the Bryant Scholly so he won't count towards our numbers. I could be wrong on that though.

Also, Corey Smith and Chris Jackson are already enrolled and will count towards 2007's class.

I see what you're saying, but the fact that we have 8 guys who are 1/10 of a point away from being a "4 star" per rivals, tells you that the classes are not as astronomically different than any recruiting website would lead you to believe. And if we can get Enrique back, that would give us 3 "5 stars" coming in. There aren't many teams out there with more than one or two 5 stars.

Just to play devils advocate, Bammer has 3 guys 1/10 from being 5 stars & 4 guys 1/10 from being 4 stars though.

None at this point.

I also think Wesley Neighbors will be on the Bryant Scholly so he won't count towards our numbers. I could be wrong on that though.

If you are a recruited athlete, you must count towards the 25/85 regardless of where your financial assistance comes from.

If you are a recruited athlete, you must count towards the 25/85 regardless of where your financial assistance comes from.

Sigh, we've been down this road before.

Like I said, Wesley Neighbors will be on the bryant scholly, thus not counting against our numbers.

Sigh, we've been down this road before.

Like I said, Wesley Neighbors will be on the bryant scholly, thus not counting against our numbers.

We have been down this road...and I'm telling you he is going to count. Where are you getting the information that he won't?

We have been down this road...and I'm telling you he is going to count. Where are you getting the information that he won't?

He's not going to count. Are you suggesting that the Bryant Scholly doesn't exist? We've had plenty of football players on this before. It's not news.

He's not going to count. Are you suggesting that the Bryant Scholly doesn't exist? We've had plenty of football players on this before. It's not news.

I know the Bryant Scholarship exists. I have no problem with it. Yes, lots of football players have been on it before. I'm not denying any of that.

All I'm saying is that the NCAA ruled that any and all financial assistance that a football player receives means that he will be a part of the 25/85 if he is a recruited athlete.

I know the Bryant Scholarship exists. I have no problem with it. Yes, lots of football players have been on it before. I'm not denying any of that.

All I'm saying is that the NCAA ruled that any and all financial assistance that a football player receives means that he will be a part of the 25/85 if he is a recruited athlete.

In addition to that, I have found further proof:

http://alabama.scout.com/2/226526.html

“For a recruited walk-on, a student-athlete who was recruited by UA and who receives institutional financial aid granted without regard in any degree to athletics ability (i.e. the Bryant Scholarship), that student-athlete does not have to be counted until he engages in varsity intercollegiate competition.

“If the student-athlete does engage in varsity intercollegiate competition, the student-athlete becomes a counter.”

Wesley Neighbors was recruited by Alabama, as well as Georgia Tech and Vanderbilt.

I actually think the rules have changed somewhat since this article was written, but it made the rules even stricter. At the time of this article however, it clearly states that Neighbors can not play for Alabama for at least 2 years on campus to avoid counting towards the 25. I think it may be more strict now though.

Wesley Neighbors was recruited by Alabama, as well as Georgia Tech and Vanderbilt.

I actually think the rules have changed somewhat since this article was written, but it made the rules even stricter. At the time of this article however, it clearly states that Neighbors can not play for Alabama for at least 2 years on campus to avoid counting towards the 25. I think it may be more strict now though.

They are the same. And I don't expect him to play for 2 years. Until he plays, he doesn't count.

Seriously, not being a brat or anything...look at our commit list. Besides the kicker, which one stands out the most as maybe not belonging? And did his dad play for Bryant?

Wesley Neighbors will also be on the Bryant Scholarship. So he won't count.

Please tell us he is the last Neighbors we'll see for a while!

Just another 4 star, yawn..... Alonzo Lawrence will hopefully pick the Tide tommorrow..... :thumbsup:

By the time he leaves, he'll be able to count to 10.

10 straight losses to auburn. or you talking actual 1 - 10....?

10 straight to Auburn. For extra credit, he can redshirt and count to 11.

Congrats on your great recruiting class.I was in a c-store the other day and this little kid had on an Alabama t-shirt. I had on an Auburn hat.He looked up to me and said 'roll tide.'I asked, how old are you?He said 6.I replied,since your parents made you,and since your time on earth your team has never beaten Auburn.Maybe when you are old enough to drive.

kind of sad you have to attack six year olds to feel good about your team....... :poke:

His mother had on a Tide sweetshirt as well.

15 yard penalty for unnecessary roughness.

edited by CT

Great pick-up for us, very unclassy post and attitude.. :thumbsdown:

Wasn't trying to be "unclassy"....I'm just pumped about our class. I would have to be dumb to think that immediately changes anything on the field. It is just funny that with Saban's recruiting, we have started to expect 4 and 5 stars, hence the yawn. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers......

You can be as happy as you want about it, but you also need to consider your audience on this website. If you go to an Auburn website, and talk about picking up another big recruit for Bama, it will obviously be seen as arrogant and classless. However, in the home audience of a Bama board, it is merely enthusiasm. Just consider your audience, that is all that we ask.

None at this point.

I read on the Bama Scout board (that is, before I was recently banned for being logical) that there were 2-3 that were not expected to qualify. I was banned before I found out which 2 or 3.

None at this point.

I read on the Bama Scout board (that is, before I was recently banned for being logical) that there were 2-3 that were not expected to qualify. I was banned before I found out which 2 or 3.

which 2 or 3 might that be?

They are the same. And I don't expect him to play for 2 years. Until he plays, he doesn't count.

Seriously, not being a brat or anything...look at our commit list. Besides the kicker, which one stands out the most as maybe not belonging? And did his dad play for Bryant?

if you are on any sort of scholarship through the university, you count against the 85.

if you are on any sort of scholarship through the university, you count against the 85.

Sigh. Guess you need to call the NCAA and get us put on probation for the Bryant Scholarship.

Sigh. Guess you need to call the NCAA and get us put on probation for the Bryant Scholarship.

Cool. What's that number?

Archived