Harbin picks the Tide!!!

Legionfield

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sigh...

This is called gloating. It'd be cool if you didn't do that.

And as the person who has hundreds of hours comitted developing the current version of fanspoll.com, I resent your sig.

:big::big: Just happy, that's all. I've got that right. Nothing against the poll, I just think it is goofy. Also, wasn't the poll shut down in '04 when it look as if USC would win it, only to be reopened later. Real credible.

Sigh...

Seriously, if an AU fan came to the Bama site that I frequent and made a post like this, I would call him an idiot.

Sigh...

Seriously, if an AU fan came to the Bama site that I frequent and made a post like this, I would call him an idiot.

To each his own, I guess. :thumbsup:

Sigh...

I can vouch for that :big:

:big::big: Just happy, that's all. I've got that right. Nothing against the poll, I just think it is goofy. Also, wasn't the poll shut down in '04 when it look as if USC would win it, only to be reopened later. Real credible.

The votes were rolled back in 04 after a USC fan wrote a hack/script to submit 25,000 votes in less than one minute.

To think Bama is about to have 17 Four-Star athletes on top of two 5-Stars is unbelievable.

I know Auburn fans have been dogging Bama for the fans claiming all these great recruiting classes. I don't have the rankings in front of me, but just looking at the number of top players they signed - they didn't really have good classes until 2006. They signed less than ten 4-star athletes the last two years. To think they are about to double that. Make fun of Saban all you want. Claim the results haven't occurred yet. But I think you are a dumbass if you don't think Saban's class is top-notch. His results may not show in the next year or so, but I wouldn't put that against him. He may be a coach that can bring in talent, not necessarily an X and Os kind of guy. I'm not saying Saban will necessarily lead Bama to the promised land that their fans expect, but he is doing a good job trying to get there at least.

To think Bama is about to have 17 Four-Star athletes on top of two 5-Stars is unbelievable.

I know Auburn fans have been dogging Bama for the fans claiming all these great recruiting classes. I don't have the rankings in front of me, but just looking at the number of top players they signed - they didn't really have good classes until 2006. They signed less than ten 4-star athletes the last two years. To think they are about to double that. Make fun of Saban all you want. Claim the results haven't occurred yet. But I think you are a dumbass if you don't think Saban's class is top-notch. His results may not show in the next year or so, but I wouldn't put that against him. He may be a coach that can bring in talent, not necessarily an X and Os kind of guy.

I see what you're saying, but the fact that we have 8 guys who are 1/10 of a point away from being a "4 star" per rivals, tells you that the classes are not as astronomically different than any recruiting website would lead you to believe. And if we can get Enrique back, that would give us 3 "5 stars" coming in. There aren't many teams out there with more than one or two 5 stars.

I see what you're saying, but the fact that we have 8 guys who are 1/10 of a point away from being a "4 star" per rivals, tells you that the classes are not as astronomically different than any recruiting website would lead you to believe. And if we can get Enrique back, that would give us 3 "5 stars" coming in. There aren't many teams out there with more than one or two 5 stars.

I looked at that too. This post wasn't to compare Auburn to Bama. I was just pointing out that they do have a great class coming in.

Again, that doesn't necessarily mean they are definitely going to be awesome in a few years, but it's likely to be much better than it has been in recent times.

I know Auburn fans have been dogging Bama for the fans claiming all these great recruiting classes. I don't have the rankings in front of me, but just looking at the number of top players they signed - they didn't really have good classes until 2006. They signed less than ten 4-star athletes the last two years. To think they are about to double that. Make fun of Saban all you want. Claim the results haven't occurred yet. But I think you are a dumbass if you don't think Saban's class is top-notch. His results may not show in the next year or so, but I wouldn't put that against him. He may be a coach that can bring in talent, not necessarily an X and Os kind of guy. I'm not saying Saban will necessarily lead Bama to the promised land that their fans expect, but he is doing a good job trying to get there at least.

What he said.....ouch.

Just another 4 star, yawn..... Alonzo Lawrence will hopefully pick the Tide tommorrow..... :thumbsup:

Great pick-up for us, very unclassy post and attitude.. :thumbsdown:

Wasn't trying to be "unclassy"....I'm just pumped about our class. I would have to be dumb to think that immediately changes anything on the field. It is just funny that with Saban's recruiting, we have started to expect 4 and 5 stars, hence the yawn. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers......

I didn't pull him up. Is Harbin a receiver? McGill has had a couple of studs at WR the past few years.

I believe he is a DE. Who knows how he will pan out? I am not even sure Julio will pan out....

Congrats on your great recruiting class.I was in a c-store the other day and this little kid had on an Alabama t-shirt. I had on an Auburn hat.He looked up to me and said 'roll tide.'I asked, how old are you?He said 6.I replied,since your parents made you,and since your time on earth your team has never beaten Auburn.Maybe when you are old enough to drive.

Congrats on your great recruiting class.I was in a c-store the other day and this little kid had on an Alabama t-shirt. I had on an Auburn hat.He looked up to me and said 'roll tide.'I asked, how old are you?He said 6.I replied,since your parents made you,and since your time on earth your team has never beaten Auburn.Maybe when you are old enough to drive.

Talking trash to a 6 year old. That'll teach 'em.

kind of sad you have to attack six year olds to feel good about your team....... :poke:

Look, the kid has not had time yet to be totally desensitized to everything outside of Tuscaloosa. Once he gets a little older, good smack like that will only get a "12 National Championships" rebuttal. Now, what fun is that? We've got to get you folks while you're young enough to comprehend a good crack. :big:

kind of sad you have to attack six year olds to feel good about your team....... :poke:

Kind of sad you'd gloat about recruiting of all things... :poke:

I guess at least you beat us in that regard.. B)

Question for the bammer fans on here. How many of this years class are going to be sign and place? God knows we have a bunch, but I haven't heard of any sure to be s&p guys in the UA class.

Honest question, not meant to stir the crap pot.

Archived