18-1 and Irrelevance...

DKW 86

I propose a new theme song for the Patriots-Giants Super Bowl.

When referencing the now 18-1 season, we should sing a little tune:

"It dont mean a thing if you aint got the ring...shoo-bop...shoo-bop...shoo-bop...shoo-bop!"

Sung to the tune of "It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing.."

Without a Super bowl Ring, that 18-0 season is just a lot of statistics and statistics are for losers. I personally think how the Pats acted after the loss shows alot about the real team anyway.

We should save this post if Auburn ever has a great season and loses in the MNC. My guess is your feelings wouldn't be that way. You'd be "proud that we got that far and won the SEC Championship and it's great to be an Auburn Tiger. War Eagle!"

Not saying what you would say would be wrong. But come on. The Patriots had an outstanding year. Did they fail to reach their goal? Absolutely. But I wouldn't necessarily call them a bunch of losers.

This game proved yet again the old adage "Defense Wins Championships" is still true, even in the age of some of the most insane offenses in college and NFL that we have ever seen.

Defense won that game folks, by pressuring and sacking the super-star-QB all night. What else can you say?

Can we add a "na-na-na-boo-boo" to the original post?

Sure you can. Just use your super moderating powers. It shouldn't take but just a second.

Can we add a "na-na-na-boo-boo" to the original post?

Sure you can. Just use your super moderating powers. It shouldn't take but just a second.

Do not taunt Super Moderator Fun Powers

-The Management

Branded.GIF

Here we go with another gay thread hijack...

Nobody else on this forum would look at a photo of Chuck Connors and have homosexuality be the first thing that pops into his head.

Maybe you need to step back and examine your own motivations.

The New England Patriots of 2007 rank right up there with the Bills 4 year run and the 98 Vikings, great offensive teams but no Lombardi's.

I'll admit, I was pulling for the Pats just so it would possibly shut the Dolphins up. But, near the end I was kinda edging towards The Giants. I mean, that's a cool record to have, two brothers winning the Big One back to back, both quarterbacks. That's a record that will never be broken.

I don't think the Pats, as a team, showed a lack of class. I thought that Bilichek, when he went ahead and left the field, was pretty classless. After watching and listening to different sports shows today, I found out that many others have thought the same thing. Some are making a bigger deal of it then others.

Should he have stayed on the field of the one, meaningless snap? Yes. Why? Well, his players had too, so as the head coach, he should be out there with his players until the very end. I heard somebody mention that even Randy Moss stayed out there, but his coach did not. :lol:

However, he had already met Coughlin at midfield when it was thought the game was over. So, it is not like he skipped out on the sportsmanship aspect. I just think it did not help his image by leaving his team on the field, even if it was for one second, especially given the fact that there is possibly new Spygate info that may yet prove they have been cheating ever since they played the Rams in the Super Bowl a few years ago.

I do find it very, very suspicious that the NFL destroyed the tapes they had confiscated. Why would you do that unless you were trying to protect something? Maybe because the winner of three Super Bowls in this decade may have been cheating and it would hurt the integrity of the game?

However, he had already met Coughlin at midfield when it was thought the game was over. So, it is not like he skipped out on the sportsmanship aspect.

I agree. Even if, for some reason, he had been outrageously unsportsmanlike....he's Bill Belicheck...he doesn't care what anyone thinks.

However, he had already met Coughlin at midfield when it was thought the game was over. So, it is not like he skipped out on the sportsmanship aspect.

I agree. Even if, for some reason, he had been outrageously unsportsmanlike....he's Bill Belicheck...he doesn't care what anyone thinks.

Well, that is sort of his problem. He thinks he can do anything he wants too without consequence.

Well, that is sort of his problem. He thinks he can do anything he wants too without consequence.

Well...he kinda has, you know? Ok, he got fined 500k for cheating. That's about it. And I doubt seriously that hurt him at all.

Archived