We get another 2 star LB

AUman43

Spencer Pybus of Dothan, according to Scout.

Ht: 6-1 Wt: 200

Position: WLB

Year: Class of 2008

High School: Northview HS

(Dothan, AL)

WDE!

;)

Actually a bunch of folks in The Bunker at Rivals have been lobbying for Auburn to go after this kid for several weeks now. I like his numbers for sure.

And yeah, no sign and place. Kid has a 4.0 GPA.

CTT did say character plays a huge roll in what they look for, and throws a lot of guys out of the selection pool. Now while I do feel we've missed the boat on some guys, we can safely say these guys aren't going to be suspended because of discipline. I guess it doesn't matter though, Saban doesn't suspend guys anyway.

Spencer Pybus absolutely DESTROYED records at the Nike Camp this year. Best SPARQ numbers of anyone who attended any nike camp this season.

What's your take on why he isn't more highly rated? People have been yakking about this guy for a while and I couldn't figure out why a 2-star kid was getting so much love.

From what I've read, the AU coaches felt like this kid was THE classic sleeper prospect, but were hoping to get him as a walk-on. But when Duke offered the scholly this morning, the Auburn coaches decided they didn't want to lose him over it and made their offer.

From what I've read, the AU coaches felt like this kid was THE classic sleeper prospect, but were hoping to get him as a walk-on. But when Duke offered the scholly this morning, the Auburn coaches decided they didn't want to lose him over it and made their offer.

There's probably no truth to what you said, but it's just great to read something absolutely logical about recruiting. It's like a breath of fresh air.

Thanks.

Spencer is a good get. He camped well but flew under the radar. He didn't have the offer list, so offers and rankings are sort of a chicken and egg situation.

His brother Dusty posts on BOL and is a total class act. Said Spencer is a GIGANTIC AU fan, always was. So honestly, he only needed this one offer. UA, LSU, USC, etc could have all offered, but if AU offered as well, that's where he was always going.

There's probably no truth to what you said, but it's just great to read something absolutely logical about recruiting. It's like a breath of fresh air.

Thanks.

Well, I read that from Phillip Marshall I believe, so it wasn't just some dude on a message board if that helps.

I'll take an Athletic Linebacker with a 4.0 GPA, 4.55 40, 40" Vertical, 39 Reps with 185lbs, and a 4.31 Shuttle, that is 6'2" 215lbs, Everyday of the week and Twice on Sundays... Regardless of $tar$. With a kid like that, you'd Think he would be a Big Time prospect... Just shows ya how much those $tar$ Really Matter. Oh yeah, he also had 146 Tackles, 6 for loss, 3 Int., and 2 Tds. his Senior Year. That comes off of a 128 Tackles and 2 Sacks in his Junior Year. Watch His Video for all You Nay Sayers... I promise, you'll think Tray Blackmon when you see it. This is the guy I wanted, if we had room or if we couldn't ink JH (Which IMO we won't, he's going to uat along with JJ and the Dareus brothers).

*Warning, bammer fans DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING*

Spencer Pybus is a 6* Recruit.....but shhh, don't tell the bammers that. LOL

Spencer Pybus OLB ******

Spencer is a good get. He camped well but flew under the radar. He didn't have the offer list, so offers and rankings are sort of a chicken and egg situation.

His brother Dusty posts on BOL and is a total class act. Said Spencer is a GIGANTIC AU fan, always was. So honestly, he only needed this one offer. UA, LSU, USC, etc could have all offered, but if AU offered as well, that's where he was always going.

I remember hearing his name on this forum back some time ago. They said that he was an absolute freak as an athlete (and student) but had no offers. I never could figure out what was going on with this guy. Its hard to believe other schools would lay off of him solely on the basis of him being an AU fan. Whatever. We're glad to get him. Especially this year.

I'm not saying schools layed off because he was an AU fan.

I'm saying that's the only one he needed.

Other posters more "in the know" have made it pretty abundantly clear that he has no other others because no one thinks he has the football talent (not weight-lifting talent) to play at the next level.

Then again, Marques Colston played at Hofstra, so who really knows?

I'm not saying schools layed off because he was an AU fan.

I'm saying that's the only one he needed.

Other posters more "in the know" have made it pretty abundantly clear that he has no other others because no one thinks he has the football talent (not weight-lifting talent) to play at the next level.

Then again, Marques Colston played at Hofstra, so who really knows?

I think CTT knows....and that's good enough for me. Watch this kid as an All SEC LB in 2010. It could happen.

I like his stats and I love having a smart kid and someone who loves Auburn. I bet he has good work ethic. That goes a long way.

I wonder if Auburn also gave him an offer with the expectation that Harris will not sign with Auburn (another scholarship appears and also a LB position... coincidence?)

Reminds me of John Abatte.... He was the same size and had a great high school career. But because he was "to small, to slow and to white." The only school to give him a D1 offer was Wake Forrest. He was 2 year all ACC MLB and is now in the NFL (Texans, I think).

If this kids numbers on rivals is correct, and I looked at his score at the Nike Combine in ATL, then how in the world did he not get a look. Anyways, glad to have him. I do remember a small guy like that signing with us a few years ago. He has turned out to be a pretty decent ballplayer himself. ;-)

Archived