WOW - BUSH distorts Obama's foreign policy

RunInRed

What foreign policy experience did Bush have as two term Governor? This whole experience argument is a joke if we look at past candidates who have been elected.

(Holding Bush's non experience up as a reason to vote for Obama, Good lord that is rich. You just provided the best reason of all to not vote for him.)

For the record, Obama has served on the foreign relations committee since being elected to the Senate. He is the only candidate in this race with the judgment to realize Iraq was a mistake from the get go. He clearly has the background, credibility and skills to engage in diplomacy efforts - which we so badly need. So to dismiss him using this "junior senator" argument is a big mistatke IMO. (Did you mean mistake? Just asking.)

The problem is that a JUNIOR Senator is trying to talk about foreign policy, of which he has no experience. I mean come on...he would be overwhelmed.

Devil's Advocate Question:

How much foreign policy experience did Ronald Reagan have as Governor of California?

Bush, Reagan, Kennedy....the list goes on and on. Most of the Presidents we have elected have not had foreign policy experience.

The point is often made the only people in this country who are "qualified" to be President are Bush I, Clinton and Bush II. Every one else will have some aspect of "learning on the job".

The better question to me is: does the person have the right skills, judgment and capacities to perform on the job?

Ultimately, history keeps the final score. We've clearly had "experienced" bad leaders and "non-experienced" good leaders.

Archived